PDA

View Full Version : Heat aid

mischiefkat
July 4th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I read the Night Owl story about the gal who had heat issues at a ball game. Want to tell all about this product if you don't know about it. Activcool Cooling Towel. available at Sam's. They are great.... just need a bottle of water to activate them,or wet them at home and put in plastic bag to carry. Can be washed and reused Getting overheated isgood Kathy

mischiefkat
July 4th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Suppose to be not good. Arthritic fingers sorry

Snip Snip
July 4th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I think I saw something similar at Lowes, too. I need one. I need several, actually. Enough to cover my whole body when I come in from gardening. It's like a permanent hot flash.

mischiefkat
July 4th, 2015, 10:17 AM
They are probably in a lot of stores. Friend got hers at Sams, so I went there. Paid $13 for 2 . They're great. Kathy

Jean Sewing Machine
July 4th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Saw them at Target last night.

shirleyknot
July 4th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I have had one since they came out. Great when I have to unload hay in July and August. For mowing the lawn too.

Hulamoon
July 4th, 2015, 10:44 AM
I bought one at a craft fair for my sil that golfs. You can make your own if want to.

Neck chills. | The Small Object Steno Pad, 2006-2011 (http://thesmallobject.com/stenopad/wordpress/?p=2509)

Little Birdie Secrets: how to sew a neck cooler (http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-sew-neck-cooler.html?m=1)

laura44
July 4th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Thanks Hulamoon! Was 112 degrees here the other day.
(Roseville California) Hot.

redcaboose1717
July 4th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Lorie,
I was looking around to see where to purchase the crystals.....I found some ( 1 pound bag) online thru Amazon....

Amazon.com : 1LB Water absorbing crystal, polymer, soil moist, Insect Water : Patio, Lawn & Garden (http://www.amazon.com/Water-absorbing-crystal-polymer-Insect/dp/B0051V22VS)

just in case someone would like to know ! Sure wish I had this info at the end of May to make these for my sons for Father's Day.....

Thanks for the info Lorie !

Hulamoon
July 4th, 2015, 10:50 PM
You girls are so welcome! I was thinking of making these for gifts. Even for the grandkids that play sports, or at the beach. Stick them in the cooler! My neighbor that walks her dog looks like she needs one. lol

baskets4deb
July 4th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Usually you can find a smaller package of the crystals at a gardening center. A pound would make maybe 100!

Hulamoon
July 4th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Usually you can find a smaller package of the crystals at a gardening center. A pound would make maybe 100!
Thats a lot of gifts!

mommamarsh
July 5th, 2015, 03:55 AM
Thank you for the links . DH got hyperthermic 2 yrs ago and I try to keep an eye on him . We have used these and I love them. Now,I can make my own ,in the size and color I want. And I agree they will make great gifts .

Andrea F
July 5th, 2015, 06:29 AM
I could use one, too. Thanks for the link, Lorie!

Yanna
July 5th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the Amazon link. Will make gifts and add some in potted plants, Wont have to water as often.