PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July Night Owl

kimsophia
July 4th, 2015, 03:26 AM
Hootie hoot! How's it going with you? Are you going to see any fireworks tonight? It's DH and my 22nd wedding anniversary today and very nice of the country to hold a national holiday and fireworks for the event :D We are one couple who never forgets their anniversary!

My cat laid on the keyboard and made the type tiny again. Hope you are having a nice weekend. @,@

Jean Sewing Machine
July 4th, 2015, 03:34 AM
Happy anniversary to you! I have some good friends who are celebrating their 25th today!, Celebrate!

redcaboose1717
July 4th, 2015, 03:46 AM
Happy Anniversary !
I have a nephew who's B-Day is July 4th.....when he was little he thought that it was cool that everyone had fireworks / sparklers on his B-day....!!

bubba
July 4th, 2015, 03:52 AM
We just got done at the baseball game. Home team won and then they did a big fireworks display. We sat, as usual, on the first base side and it was in direct sunlight. Pat (me) does not do well in heat and I thought I was going to get sick and pass out and I knew I had to do something in a hurry. We had those mister bottles with the fan, but even that was not much help. MM was getting pretty worried. He helped down out of the stands and I went were there was a nice breeze blowing down in the shade where I stayed for an hour or more, sitting on the ground next to a brick wall. I told the gal nearby selling beer and wine if I passed out to throw something cold on me. The medics were just 20' from me, sitting in their a/c ambulance! I almost offered to pay them to let me in! One of the workers there was quite concerned and was watching me and asked if I wanted her to get medical aid for me, but by then I was cooling down. Wet wash clothes down the front and back always help!

Anyway, we stopped at the store on the way home, have let Yoda out and are getting ready to head to the lake. Will get there about 0100, but it will be cooler up there and we can go in the water!

That said, you probably won't see much of me the next couple days as internet is sketchy at best on our phones. Have a happy, safe 4th and stay cool!!

Andrea F
July 4th, 2015, 03:54 AM
Good morning and happy anniversary to you, Kimsophia! I hope you get to celebrate! We just had our 25th anniversary a couple of weeks ago. Time flies by. (If you press the control key on your keyboard and then the plus key simultaneously, the type is getting bigger again)

Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the heat wave we're experiencing right now. I'm jealous of Pat's lake! I'm going to hide in the basement where it's a lot cooler as soon as I can. Fortunately, that's where my sewing machine lives!

Have a wonderful weekend everybody and happy 4th of July to you all!

sewlucky
July 4th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Happy Anniversary kimsophia!!

Pat, so glad you survived the heat. I'm the same, it's not fun! I'm sure you will have a great weekend at the lake :)

I finished my Canada flag quilt! Happy about that. Trying to decide what to make next - a baby quilt or the tunic dress I bought all the supplies for! Tomorrow my daughter and I are having brunch with a good friend, I'm excited about that. Also today I started planning my fall term at university. I was pretty pumped when I realized I get to buy myself school supplies in August! :D

Terri

kimsophia
July 4th, 2015, 04:27 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes. And thanks, Andrea, for the keyboard advice!

I watched a tutorial last night on seam matching. It was for curtain fabric, so it was thicker and probably behaved a little bit better than quilting weight cotton. I'm sure it can be done, as I've got marking pens and an iron. I just need to get done there on the floor and start.

SewnByBee
July 4th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Have a Hoot of a anniversarie Today. con- grats on 22 years we had our 23 in March .

Doloris
July 4th, 2015, 12:34 PM
Happy Anniversary!! Today is my oldest's bday too. We used to tell him the fireworks were part of his party. Worked for a while anyway. :)

kimsophia
July 4th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Happy 4th of all...hubbie woke me up at 3:30 in the afternoon...I was kind of shocked that I'd slept that late but I guess a trazadone and wine finally got me to sleep at 5:00 a.m. He'd bought lobster tails for first time as we usually go to Red Lobster, and he'd gotten directions off of some online tutorials for cooking them. Kinda scary putting $19 worth of meat in boiling water! :D But they turned out great. We don't own real kitchen shears so we used regular scissors (no not my sewing scissors). I wonder if there's a rotary lobster cutter...hmmm.... ;-) lol It was definitely my ritziest breakfast ever and I felt like a queen :D Hope everyone has a safe 4th! Don't set off a whole pack of sparklers in a coffee can out on the deck like we did once...the label caught on fire from the heat inside and we had to throw water on it quick to not set our wooden deck on fire. lol Ah, fun times...