PDA

View Full Version : Hoot if you're a Night Owl

kimsophia
July 3rd, 2015, 02:38 AM
Hey, how's everybody doing? I'm doing pretty well today. I got over to my friend's to help her with the continuing decluttering project. I am only there an hour but in that hour we really do get some things accomplished. She's got the brains and I'm the brawn. lol That's only because her health is so poor that she can't pull or drag or really do much. However a nice thing happened in that she was able to help her neighbors today with some of her stuff and her knowledge, so she's a do-gooder who got to do good. :)

I was having some problems last night with the seam matching for the quilt backing...I had to wash the glue out and let the project dry, but it has done that, so I will have another go at it tonight. Wish me luck! :)

What's shakin' with you? @.@

stationarymom
July 3rd, 2015, 02:44 AM
Hoot Hoot.I'm glad you got to go over and help your friend.I know I've been at times needing a push to get me started and it really can help.I didn't get much done during the day today and tonight my dh and I went to a drum and bugle corp. competition.I love watching them ,but i'm not crazy about some of the theatrical things that they have added to routines today.

bubba
July 3rd, 2015, 02:44 AM
I'm afraid I'll be up half the night!!! I was getting ready to run and do errands this morning when the youngest girl called, wanting me to do errands for her too!!!! I figured if I could suffer thru that, the one grandgirl that was with me could visit the quilt shop with me, which was one of my stops. I think I spend an hour total there, mostly visiting, as they did not have what I was looking for.

I then dropped the child back at her house and went to finish my errands. By the time I got home it was almost 3pm and I was so tired from the heat, 90 degrees and 50% humidity, that I sat down in the TV room under my ceiling fan and fell asleep till 7pm!!!

Do any of you watch the Astronauts Wives Club? I am watching it tonight and there was a shot of a nice vintage machine!

Anyway, I think I'll make some popcorn and finish my shows and try to go to sleep in an hour or so......

sewlucky
July 3rd, 2015, 02:47 AM
Good luck with the backing tonight kimsophia!

I got my Canada Flag wall hanging assembled and sandwiched, all ready to be quilted in the morning. I am planning to free motion quilt it, I hope it works out!

I am working with hubby to try to plan our vacation road trip. Should be easy right? Mountains or ocean,...east or west?? Quilt shop visits are a given...LOL

TERRI

stationarymom
July 3rd, 2015, 02:50 AM
Did anyone get the martelli email about their rotary cutters and blades?I think it was 50% off excluding the left handed.I think the sale goes until monday I'll go double check. From the 2nd at midnight to the 5th at midnight

Heather
July 3rd, 2015, 03:30 AM
Hoot! I'm up because of the hot flashes from heck. I was binding a quilt but I got to the part where i needed to iron the binding over to the back and there was no way I was going to stand there and iron. So now I'm here and reading some quilty blogs, too.

Andrea F
July 3rd, 2015, 03:41 AM
Good morning!

Kimsophia, good luck with the backing tonight! I hope you get it together without any more problems.

I have to go to work today but not as long as I am there normally. Friday isn't a regular workday for me and I plan to stay there only as long as I need to. The presentation went pretty okay yesterday, I worked at it until the last possible minute. I still wanted to test one thing very quickly but my software crashed right before that. Didn't matter though.
We had 102F outside here yesterday, my little black car stood in the bright hot sun all day and the AC is broken. At the time I arrived at the school I was almost cooked through because it was so hot in the car. I was nauseous all evening, my blood pressure was probably sky-rocketing. I really, really hate this heat. It's supposed to be so hot for a few more days. I'm glad the weekend is almost here.

Are the martelli cutters better than the normal cutters? They have a different shape, right? Do any of you guys have one?
Although I shouldn't be buying anything right now. We got the yearly bill from the power company the day before yesterday and they want 600 Euros on top of the fee we pay each month. Big bummer!

I hope you can all sleep and I'll see you later :)

kimsophia
July 3rd, 2015, 03:46 AM
Heather, I hear ya' about the hot flashes. And Andrea, heat makes me sick. So ironing would make my job go faster but I just decided to let the stupid glue air dry overnight. I'm thinking I'll only be able to match all these rings if I topstitch the back. If I open it to do a standard seam, I'll pull apart the matching.

bubba
July 3rd, 2015, 03:53 AM
Good morning!

Are the martelli cutters better than the normal cutters? They have a different shape, right? Do any of you guys have one?

I have one that I talked them into selling me for half price at Sew Expo!!! They are ergonomic and mine are left handed. Oh, you noticed I said mine are? Yes, I have several because they changed the design of the left handed one and sold the originals for $4 each so I may have bought a few for emergency backups!!

If their blades are included in the sale, you can't beat the price on them!

Lightwriter
July 3rd, 2015, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the Martelli blades. Checked email...code is SD 1507. I like to stock up on the blades when they have a sale. The cutter is easier on my hand/wrist.

Actually completed basic top of JRR today. Looks pretty good. Need to figure out what I will do for borders. This is a fairly fast project, however I must be really slow...whole thing took about six hours. I did take time to press as I went since My shoulders needed a break and pressing made fabric easier to handle.

Very quiet weekend coming up. Ok by me. Still in the de-stressing mode after all of the drama of May and June. Got another quick top I want to put together. The JRR will be a charity top as will be the second one. Then back to finishing UFO's.

Have a nice weekend little owls!

Andrea F
July 3rd, 2015, 04:35 AM
I have one that I talked them into selling me for half price at Sew Expo!!! They are ergonomic and mine are left handed. Oh, you noticed I said mine are? Yes, I have several because they changed the design of the left handed one and sold the originals for $4 each so I may have bought a few for emergency backups!!

If their blades are included in the sale, you can't beat the price on them!

For 4$ each I would have bought several as a backup, too! I have looked at them before, it looks so much easier to cut with them than with the normally shaped cutters.

Andrea F
July 3rd, 2015, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the Martelli blades. Checked email...code is SD 1507. I like to stock up on the blades when they have a sale. The cutter is easier on my hand/wrist.

Actually completed basic top of JRR today. Looks pretty good. Need to figure out what I will do for borders. This is a fairly fast project, however I must be really slow...whole thing took about six hours. I did take time to press as I went since My shoulders needed a break and pressing made fabric easier to handle.

Very quiet weekend coming up. Ok by me. Still in the de-stressing mode after all of the drama of May and June. Got another quick top I want to put together. The JRR will be a charity top as will be the second one. Then back to finishing UFO's.

Have a nice weekend little owls!

Thanks for the code, Connie! I just joined their email list. I'm gonna sleep over buying one right now, though.