PDA

View Full Version : Today's Phone Call

KPH
July 2nd, 2015, 10:00 PM
My oldest called. "Just the person I wanted to talk to." When I answered the phone. My mind goes, oh no, but curiosity wins.

Come to find out, it's a simple project for the grandkids for next summer. Nana and Nandy live in a community with a pool, so Jim takes the kids and helps a few of the neighborhood kids with swimming lessons. Anyway, walking back, apparently is a problem with towels and short legged kiddos. So he asked, knowing that I've made the grandkids robes, if I could do something with some old bath towels, since I already have PLANS for making the robes.

I'm sitting there trying not to laugh out loud, but finding it funny that his love for building things with wood and having to have "plans" has transferred into my pattern collection.

So we chat and I find out what Morgan really is looking for, and I figure we can make something poncho like, with a hood, that they can dry off with and still have free hands to walk back to Nana's and Nandy's without having two toddlers wrapped up in towels.

Grandma has the "plan"... now I have a month to iron out the kinks and figure out the embroidery machine, because he wants their names on whatever we end up with.

Before I hang up, Jonathan wants to talk. He likes dinosaurs. I said that was exciting, because I'd found some dinosaur fabric and I could make him something. He said no, just playing with them. So I guess the dino fabric is staying at the store.... until they come up here.

Well, it's Mom's med and bathroom time.

Have a great evening everyone.

SuzyQue
July 2nd, 2015, 11:40 PM
I made several poncho style cover ups for my kids through the years. If you look on pinterest there are all kinds of adorable towel coverups and generally the pattern directions, too. Some are adorable. I already have the towels for a Minion one for the new grand! My son is a giant nerd and will totally flip out. They can store it for a few years!

Lilly
July 3rd, 2015, 06:59 PM
Sew a Kids Towel Wrap/sew for kids/sewing with nancy | Nancy Zieman Blog (http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/sewing-with-nancy/sew-a-kids-towel-wrap/) I just saw this yesterday when I joined Nancy Zieman's site - maybe not the animals you want but a great idea that might help you figure your choices out. Here are the faces for the bear and owl: http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/downloads/Nancy-Zieman-Kids-Towel-Wrap-Owl-Bear.pdf

KPH
July 3rd, 2015, 09:26 PM
Thank you Lilly!