PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Blondie
July 2nd, 2015, 06:28 AM

Hello Folksies,
When I was a kid I remember asking why Thanksgiving was always on a Thursday. My Daddy said it was because everyone was thankful for the 3 day weekend that followed it. It always made sense to me. There are some things that just aren't true that should be. You know, those things our parents or grandparents said when we were kids, like:
if you keep doing that, your face will freeze like that:

or
whatever you are doing on your birthday, you will be doing the rest of the next year: - I always made sure to smile and laugh a lot and have a fun birthday sort of like this:

Nothing earth shattering to share this morning. Hoping that everyone has a day that will be looked back upon as supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Blessings to all, prayers for those who are in need. Smile like you really mean it.

ceiliam
July 2nd, 2015, 07:16 AM
Morning all, couldn't sleep so was working on quilting a quilt. Trying to get one of 11 quilts that are pieced, just need to be quilted . trying to convince myself I am productive. Hope all have a great day

Monique
July 2nd, 2015, 07:21 AM
Good morning. Another work day today for this gal. A busy but tiring day yesterday, breakfast and flea market (I found nothing that I couldn't live without) and then the parade in the afternnoon, supper at SIL and the weather was not the greatest for fireworks so we did not let ours go because it was soooo windy, so we came home early. Suited me just fine.

On Saturday we are headed to a huge flea market near where RiverMom lives. I am supposed to meet my brother and his partner there at some point. This place is supposed to be huge.

For those of you who want to check it out: Home (http://www.finnegansmarket.com/index.php/en/)

Have a wonderful day friends.

bhaggerty
July 2nd, 2015, 07:33 AM
Good Morning all!

Finished the hand binding on another quilt and loaded my second hand rose vintage sheet quilt onto my long arm. Hope to get that one done soon! Trying to get my UFO's under control this year!
We are heading to North Carolina later this month to visit my brother & his family. They have a home on Emerald Isle just south of the outer banks. A bit concerned about all the shark bites there in the last 2 weeks... Over 6 just in the last 2 weeks with 2 kids losing arms...all in knee deep or waist deep water. Afraid to let my kids in the water there. We will see.
Need to check online and see what quilt shops are in that area. Have not done the row by row in the past, but since this year is water themed, I will need to check that out!
Hope everyone is havint a great day and prayers to those who need them! God always knows!

Bubby
July 2nd, 2015, 07:50 AM
Morning Everyone,

I was scare around here yesterday because we were having bad storms and without power for most of the day. We had another whopper during the night and we are supposed to get more today.

Yesterday Jeff had his dr appointment for his hip. He's having a good amount of pain and still walks with a limp. The xray shows some calcification that's affecting the sciatic nerve. The limp is from his muscles not being as strong after being cut, which should resolve in time. Everything is complicated by his other hip that needs to be replaced.

I'm getting off here to catch up on the posts from yesterday. Wishing everyone a great day.

Ginny B
July 2nd, 2015, 08:16 AM
Good Morning all. Happy Thursday. Should be a good day at work. We close at 4:00 today. Woo Hoo. Let the weekend begin.

Looks like the weekend will hold pretty good weather so I'm hoping for some outdoor time. Of course, sewing time is on the list too.
But for now, it's time to get ready for work. Have a great day everyone.

Sylvia H
July 2nd, 2015, 08:36 AM
Barb, I am sorry that Jeff is in so much pain. Hope it can be managed with both medication and the strengthening of those muscles.

It is only 62 degrees right now, but it is supposed to go up to 82. What a range for one day. Although it is day time, the sun is behind clouds, and it is a bit damp and dreary. I started quilting the Friendship Quilt yesterday. So far, just SITD to stabilize it. I will probably do some FMQ, but I haven't decided what or where. The quilt isn't speaking to me about this.

Think I am going to make some blueberry muffins today. I freeze them and pull them out as a treat with a cup of tea/coffee throughout the month.

Wishing everyone a fine day.

rebeccas-sewing
July 2nd, 2015, 08:42 AM
If I didn't know better, I'd think I was in southern California. It's in the 90's in the Netherlands. I can't get over actually having to water plants. I miss my ceiling fans. I have this tiny little fan that's also a heater. Thank goodness for that! I'm going to rig it up tonight on a ladder near our bed so we can circulate the air. Between menopause and the high temp I'm actually now making iced tea. hahaha Did I mention that I hate hot weather? hahaha

irishrn
July 2nd, 2015, 08:47 AM
Morning all! It's a cloudy day here with talk of some t storms again! Don't mind the rain but I can do w/o the sound effects!!
Yesterday was day 2 of the visitors from NY. DH decided to join his DGD and two DGGD's for a trip to lake Wheeler Park. It was a test to see if he was up to a local visit, in another persons car and would he get chest pain. Well LSS he got chest pain!! Came home miserable. Medicated him and got him to nap when the company left to go meet other family here for dinner.
I enjoyed the 3 hours alone!!! Long hot shower, some TV time after preparing laundry room for the new dryer arriving today!!
Last evening DH got a call from his son he hasn't heard from in over 2 years. He is " dropping by" to see him today!! I'm ambivalent about the visit as this son is not a favorite of mine, but I will be as pleasant as possible! The NY company is headed to UNC for the oldest DGGD's basketball camp adventure!
It's gonna be a long day!
So hoping all have a good day, sunny skies and some fun too!!!

Carrie J
July 2nd, 2015, 09:27 AM
Morning All!:D

Blondie, beauty sleep? LOL, not at 7A.M. it's not, it's plain scary!!

Coffee in hand, and easing into the day. Breakfast and then hit the madding crowd. Saturday will see a return to the machine. Hope everyone has a great day!, Hugs and Blessings y'all!

SewnByBee
July 2nd, 2015, 09:40 AM
Hey Yall,
Rain,rain, go away, please.............comming a frog
strangler.
It has been very loud, the lightening has been scarry.
Stay safe to thuse traveling on this holliday weekend.
Blessings to all, Be one or receive one ........

MRoy
July 2nd, 2015, 09:44 AM
Good rainy morning! We've had rain every day this week, today it's a gloomy, morning session. Yesterday it was a downpour in the afternoon. Nothing severe here, but there was flooding in an adjoining county along with a small tornado. I'd love to see some sunshine. Other than the weather, all is well so I'm going to smile anyway! Have a great day!

quiltingtrish
July 2nd, 2015, 09:47 AM
"Off to get my beauty sleep" is a common phrase around here from me. One evening I mentioned it to my son before I turned in and his reply was "see you in a few weeks".

Today brings me snapping photos, making a vet appointment for the dog, and hitting the quilt room.
I try to update our personal property photos once a year on anything that might have been purchased new the previous year by snapping photos and putting them in an album - mainly for insurance purposes. Well, I have misplaced the album that goes back almost 30 years. After spending a few hours looking for it (and I think I am pretty well organized), I have decided to just snap new photos and start a new album. Thought I might have given the album to someone in the family for safekeeping - if there is a fire here, what good is it to keep it here? Already asked one sister and nope, not there. Instead of asking Dad which will drive him nuts looking for it at his home, I'll just check here and there when I go visit on Sunday. In the meantime, snapping new photos of every room will occur today.
The vet - took Teyla for a shampoo yesterday and she came home with 2 ear infections and fleas. What? We just had her in for her ears and haven't seen one flea on her in the past few months. Even bought a flea collar less than a month ago, obviously not working. Geesh!
A quilt must be worked on today, doesn't matter which one -- the end of August is coming fast and there are bunches of quilts to be crossed off my list.
Looks like a beautiful day here - I hope it is where you all are too.

tnmtgrl
July 2nd, 2015, 09:51 AM
Good Morning :icon_wave:... we woke this morning around 7:30 when someone turned the faucet on that opened the flood of water coming out of the sky... it was not raining.... it was pouring out of the sky like a wall of water coming down on us....... I have never heard rain come down so hard before, and I lived in FL for 35 years!!! I guess it will be raining all day today.... guess I will just have to spend the day in my studio getting my quilt done :icon_woohoo:..... while my DH does some canning. Hope everyone has a great day today :D.

CraftyJnet
July 2nd, 2015, 09:58 AM
Good morning!
Everyone is so busy today! Last night I received an email from my niece that she wants a doggy quilt for her dog, Ginger. So today I'm going to whip one out lickety-split and get it in the mail for her. I'm not as fast as you all so when I say whip one out I really mean that will take up my day. Looking to hear from the vet about Happy dog today, hoping for good news. That's all from here, hope you all have a great day!

GrammaBabs
July 2nd, 2015, 10:47 AM
Hum, diddle, diddle, diddle, um, diddle, die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))))

JCY
July 2nd, 2015, 01:35 PM
Morning ~ Today was test no. 3 in <a wk. for DH. Abdominal/pelvic CT scan on last Fri., Barium Swallow w/ Speech Therapist on the 30th to eval. swallowing, & Upper G.I. this a.m. with having to drink the barium, observing it go down the esophagus, then into the stomach & duodenum. He had to roll over 360 deg. on the hard XR table to coat all sides of his stomach, which was hard for him. Swallowing was normal. CT scan didn't reveal anything remarkable. Today's results are pending. It's been a tough couple wks. for him. He had a biopsy taken from his nose several days ago: Basal Cell Carcinoma, so he will need the Moh's surgery on the 9th to make sure they get it all. He's weary from all the appts. & tests. Really dreading the nose surgery. The spot is right on the tip of his nose. Such a tender spot to poke in the needle to deaden for the surgery.

I've been using up scraps from the "Binding Tool Star" and the "Summer in the Park - Revamped" quilts I recently made. I have the top done except for a 2nd border.

Happy Thursday, Everyone.

RockinLou
July 2nd, 2015, 05:03 PM
Howdy folks!! Sitting in traffic on the way to Ikea, planning on locking myself in the house when we get home!!

This week we have been to: dentist, eye dr., annual physical, as well as had a handyman in for replacing some electrical switches that were misbehaving and hanging new blinds in the windows..... All the finishing touches that didn't get done in last summe's whirlwind are being fine tuned. Our house looks the best it ever has... Hard to believe we purchased it 9 years ago now!!

quiltingtrish
July 2nd, 2015, 08:03 PM
JCY - that does sound painful for your DH. I'll put him in my prayers, hopefully that will help.