PDA

View Full Version : Night owl flying early...

Lightwriter
July 1st, 2015, 11:36 PM
Sleep isn't even thinking about happening. Flying around checking out the action. All is quiet so far.

Put aside the Irish Chain for a bit. Started a jelly roll race quilt top for a charity project. Never done one, hoping it will be fast and simple. Got strips sewed together. I must race like a turtle because that took two hours.

Picked green beans and blackberries today, then went and got hair cut. Almost feeling normal again. Been a stressful six weeks. Deep breaths.

Mowing tomorrow and hopefully sewing together strips.

Hoot loud and strong fellow owls!

CraftyJnet
July 1st, 2015, 11:42 PM
hoot hoot! I'm here, debating whether to start a new doggy quilt or make an owl pincushion.

CraftHer
July 1st, 2015, 11:53 PM
Hootin' here in Ohio. I think I'm going to veg out in front of the TV tonight. I'm starting to feel tired and I almost always make mistakes when I'm tired. Sleep well.

bubba
July 2nd, 2015, 01:09 AM
I am in the midst of making a Vivian out of Seahawk fabric for someone who ordered it as a diaper bag. She is having her first baby and her husband told her he would not be helping with changing of diapers or carrying of diaper bag unless it was Seahawks. She found me and ordered one! I wish I could see the look on his face when she takes it home!!

kimsophia
July 2nd, 2015, 02:04 AM
I'm ready to start sewing the long seam down my quilt backing. The glue worked well. I discovered that I holler twice as loud when stabbing myself with the forked pins... :P I'm going over to a friend's apartment again tomorrow to keep her encouraged. She is disabled with foot and leg pains and has had many surgeries. She recently downsized but needs to do some more purging, and organizing in her craft room. She's a talented knitter and crocheter. :) She's so darn grateful for just an hour of my time helping her move and haul away things. She does most of the work, not me, but somehow my presence gets her going.

cyndiofthevortex
July 2nd, 2015, 02:21 AM
I am up with a headache and happy to find friends here. I spent today organizing all of my batiks. I have many, mostly all small pieces of about 1/4 yard each or smaller. It was fun to spend time with them. They are now all happily put away in their bins sitting on my shelves.

Jonas was late coming home for supper tonight. He had to stop and take a picture. I think it was worth keeping supper warm for him.

stationarymom
July 2nd, 2015, 02:27 AM
I'm just flying in for the first time today. Not too much happening here it's 1:23 am we had some thunder storms today I got woke up by thunder that was loud enough to make me jump from a sound sleep this a.m. Later in the day we had tornado warnings,I hope everyone in Kansas city is ok(speaking of tornados)
Kim if your friend is anything like me just knowing someone is watching might be enough to make her move and get things done.

bubba
July 2nd, 2015, 02:36 AM
I just posted this on the normal forum too, but it was so excited, I copied it for here too....all of you still awake can worry with me!!

MM is at work and told me to go out and look at the two planets as I missed them last night because I went out too early. Well, then my neighbor came out to walk his deaf and mostly blind dog so we stood there and talked for about 30 minutes. I asked how old this dog was now (I think it's a chow or chow mix) and it's 15.5 years old!! He told me he had to put his other dog, a shibu inu down last summer, but the breeder gave him a new one that is four years old. It was a grand champion show dog but became unfriendly from being poked and prodded at the shows. Anyway, if you look at this commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1biejbPFcUI that is his dog, Titan, hopping around in the beginning of it!

While we were out there, lots of sirens...LOTS of sirens, both police and fire and I could see the cars going down the street just south of me, which is only one block away. Then I could see their lights on the street just to the east, also a block away. I told Bob I was going in the house and locking my door! Then the fire truck parked next to my house with its lights going....aye yi yi. Time to text a friend at work. Some guy wanted for armed robbery, burglary and who knows what else who was armed and dangerous ran from the police. I'm guessing they caught him since the fire department was there, hopefully it was not for the police, but I don't like it!!! Nope, not one bit! Glad I don't have to go to work in the morning because I'd be awake all night lying in bed worried. Yoda could care less...he's asleep on the couch next to me!

sewlucky
July 2nd, 2015, 02:49 AM
Cyndi, I have had too many headaches of late not to empathize with you. I hope you feel better soon!

CraftyJnet, I want to see the owl pincushion!!

I had a nice quiet Canada Day. I sewed, and got 3/4 of my Canada Flag done. Hopefully I will be able to finish it tomorrow. Then we took our two son's and middle son's fiancee out for dinner, checked out a possibility for a hall for their wedding next summer and then we all went to see the new Pixar movie, Inside Out. Such a good show, see it even if you don't have small children to go with you! :)

Happy Canada Day everyone!

Terri

toggpine
July 2nd, 2015, 03:09 AM
Still cleaning up. I did get the spare room ready for the in-laws. Now they can arrive whenever and I'll be good to go.

I still have some cobwebs to wrangle and I'll run the vacuum on Friday evening. It sounds like we are going shopping tomorrow instead of Friday for the groceries for the 4th.

I have the aprons all cut out, and now just need to sew! It's finally cooling off, and I'll sew after I go down to check on the goats and make sure they have full tanks of cool water.

Happy hooting! C

stationarymom
July 2nd, 2015, 03:19 AM
Pat I hope you found out that they did catch him ,so you can rest for the night.

bubba
July 2nd, 2015, 03:26 AM
I'm pretty sure they did because the fire department was there too. I'm guessing the K9 bit him?

Andrea F
July 2nd, 2015, 03:38 AM
Morning all, I'm very quickly popping in to say hi. I've worked on that presentation for this afternoon until 3 a.m. and have to get back at it in a few. I could use some caffein intraveneous right now, lots of it actually. My brain feels like it has to go through thick mud. There are days when I can imagine staying home without work for the rest of my life. Today is clearly one of those days. lol.

Hope everyone feels better in the morning, without headaches or robbers or other nasty stuff around!

redcaboose1717
July 2nd, 2015, 03:51 AM
Hoot Hoot !
I am up as well......I have chronic health issues that keep me up for hours on end.....I thought about trying to make some of the pillowcases I normally give out at Christmas time...but not right now, will wait a little bit and see what happens !