PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday - it's July 1 - and - it's Canada Day!!!

Blondie
July 1st, 2015, 07:13 AM

hey, hey, hey Folksies - it is officially JULY! It is officially Canada Day. Here's hoping all our dear Canadians enjoy the holiday festivities with plenty of good food, drink and company! If you are a picture taker - be sure to share them with us.
So, with that in mind for the weekend - who has what going on for the American 4th of July? I am still up in the air. We generally have the big crowd in my backyard but I am thinking it will be at DD Sarah's this year instead. I am thinking of bringing one of those ice cream cool whip cakes that make everything think you are really smart and really talented. There are so many variations but here is the easiest: Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe No Baking required! (http://www.isavea2z.com/icecreamsandwichcakerecipe/)
I have already made and served so much macaroni salad, potato salad, cucumber salad, fruit salad, ambrosia in general in the past month that I am ready to dive in a pool of non fat free pudding, ice cream, steak, whatever and just gorge.
See, in the South when it's hot as August in May and June, you just eat salad and pretend you are not sweating puddles in your bra. Heckfire shoot, I am old enough now that if I offend a family or friend by wearing a loose t shirt without a bra, they can kiss my grits. Hmmm, there's that phrase again. some things are timeless.

Have a happy day everyone. Find someone you can help find a smile to wear. Be kinder than you have to be (which in my case means I should actually wear that bra) and don't forget how very special you are.

blessings, prayers and grins for all

irishrn
July 1st, 2015, 08:03 AM
Good morning Blondie and all to follow! Happy Canada Day to my friends and family here and to the north!!

Day one down with the visiting family from NY. DH's DGD and two DGGD's arrived about 11 am. DH was in rare form for them!! I was able to get out to the store while DH was being entertained and had meals done easily for all! Casey sure enjoyed all the extra attention from the kids! Then the T storm hit, put Casey in his new thunder shirt and he did a lot better than the last storm. Still paced a bit but no visible shaking. He managed to hide under a bed for the loudest part of the storm.

Not sure what today will bring. They have a free day today before they need to go to UNC for the DGGD's basketball camp Thursday and Friday. Will have to make dinner plans early for them. Not sure of the day's schedule.

Lowes will be delivering new dryer tomorrow rather than next Tuesday! Yeah! 5 days earlier than expected....... There is a laundry back up here!

Have a bit of clean up to do from last evening. Never got to the last pot in the sink before crashing last night. Get DW turned on too.
Hope all have a great day. Hugs to all!!!!!!

Amy R
July 1st, 2015, 08:13 AM
LOL that "sweating in your bra" sentence couldn't be more true.

Dayton area dodged the storm that slammed through other cities around here. Phew!
If there's still no rain forecasted it may be start painting garage day.

Not really looking forward to the folks around here and their July 4th celebrations. It sounded like a war zone last year and the pets aren't going to have a good night. Poor Norman may need to be sedated with something.

Hope all is well, either way prayers being said.

Iris Girl
July 1st, 2015, 08:29 AM
Morning all! Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends! Today is rain...but I am off and will be working on my NCW. This one will be the test run. Started cutting things out before hubby left for work ..bad idea as I somehow managed to slice across the fatty part of my left thumb with my brand new purple rotary cutter. I grabbed a napkin quick and got no blood on anything. It bled pretty good. Hubby cleaned it and bandaged it but for some reason we are almost out of bandaids and no butterflys. He of course wants me to go for stitches. But nope not happening. Told him I would get bandaids and butterflys when the drug store opens. It isn't bleeding through the bandaids and is a clean slice from a brand new cutter so I think I am fine. Off to work on the NCW up to the hardware part anyway. Hope that arrives soon.

Monique
July 1st, 2015, 08:45 AM
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

Today will be a busy day. There is a breakfast put on by the Lions Club, and then a flea market, a parade later this afternoon, and fireworks tonight. I have $200 worth of fireworks in the van. We always set ours off a little before the 'big' show. It is cloudy and I think there is rain coming as well. I may have to hand my rosary on the clothesline for hold off the rain.

Safe guy came back and fixed her all up. We are all good to go. The mornings are busy but the afternoons are quiet. Good thing for the laptop.

Well I heard yesterday that my trip to Philly is cancelled in September. Not enough interest. Makes me sad because then I can't visit with my friend Kathy. POOP!!!!!

Well I need to get cleaned up. Have a wonderful day friends. To all those celebrating Canada Day today, be SAFE!!

MayinJerset
July 1st, 2015, 09:36 AM
HAPPY CANADA DAY AND ALSO WISHING FOP A HAPPY JULY AS MY JUNE WASN'T TOO GOOD AS I HAVE A UTI. WORSE SEEMS TO BE OVER (INSERTING A PRAYER) AND HOPE TO BE MORE ACTIVE AND LESS POTTY STOPS. THIS MORNING IT IS COOL AND SUNNY AND IT FEELS GREAT.

Ginny B
July 1st, 2015, 09:38 AM
Good morning and Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian friends.

I was awakened before 5 this morning by heavy rain and t-storm. I immediately thought of ds and granddog. And sure enough, I saw that my son was online so I chatted with him. Poor Boo was in a panic. :( When the storm passed, ds said he was calming down.

The electricity in the air must have energized me because I got dinner prepped (veggie stuffed peppers), lunch packed up, kitchen cleaned up and now here I am ready to go to work.

Not sure what the weekend will hold but I am hoping for some beach time and of course, sewing time.

Have a safe and fun Canada Day all who are celebrating.

Doloris
July 1st, 2015, 09:44 AM
HAPPY CANADA DAY AND ALSO WISHING FOP A HAPPY JULY AS MY JUNE WASN'T TOO GOOD AS I HAVE A UTI. WORSE SEEMS TO BE OVER (INSERTING A PRAYER) AND HOPE TO BE MORE ACTIVE AND LESS POTTY STOPS. THIS MORNING IT IS COOL AND SUNNY AND IT FEELS GREAT.

Welcome back May, you were missed!! Hope you are feeling better and on the road to a complete recovery

Jean Sewing Machine
July 1st, 2015, 09:54 AM
Happy Canada Day! What a week of celebrating! We have a nice band concert and fireworks display at our local civic center on Saturday. Hope it doesn't rain on our parade!

Continued making NCW samples yesterday. I made 2 identical ones, finished one and found a place where the fabric pulled out of the seam. It happened at step 4 of about 20 steps, there was no going back to re sew it! Hopefully the twin won't have the same issue.

Glad May is back, hope you feel better soon!

Stay dry folks! Have a great day!

pcbatiks
July 1st, 2015, 09:55 AM
Good morning. Welcome back May.......hope you are feeling better. We have missed you.

I didn't get to mow yesterday because of a thunder storm and down pour.......but the evening was almost cool for walking. :D

Hope everyone has a good day.

Sandy Navas
July 1st, 2015, 10:13 AM
Yeah, May is here!!!! Wonder if she knows how much she's been missed??

Thinking of all our Northern friends (and some of my relatives). May today bring the best celebrations ever!! Joy, Joy, Joy!!

The Fourth . . . Well, I can tell you that DeeOGee isn't too happy about all the pre-Fourth celebrations. We have two giant (that's great-big nearing humongous) buildings less than 1/2 mile from us and they are fireworks havens. AND, if that isn't bad enough, the young man who owns the property just to our North has a gigantic tent and has been testing various noise-makers throughout the day and evening . . . and then across the highway about 1/4 mile away is a pyrotechnic wanna-be who uses every excuse in the book to set of noise-makers. Yesterday while I was out mowing someone let go with one of the major loud ones and I actually thought the law mower had blown a gasket. We will be joining my Li'l Sis and her wonderful husband for their annual pot-luck and fireworks celebration and hope to have a great time there. Skipping our CW music fest this evening, too.

Made another wallet last night - five down. These are all leading up to get me brave enough to start my first NCW. Hearing that April has sliced her finger is only reminding me that my slice from a brand new blade has healed pretty well. Al suffered his first sewing injury by getting a finger under the needle on the long-arm quilter - and naturally he jerked, ripping quite a chunk off. Rite of passage.

I sure hope everyone has a wonderful day and remember the prayer list is active.

SewnByBee
July 1st, 2015, 10:43 AM
Southern ladies always prepared for hot temps and high humidity w padded bras and or notta....commando if necessary.Do what you gotta do.......right.

GOOD MORNING ALL.

Gotta get some chores and errands done today,
We use to host the July 4 , the past few yrs. was not able to, I
miss it kinda, but looking forward to visiting family and friends
that I wouldn't have time to see if we did it here. Aunt Net makes
Homemade Banana Split Ice Cream, OMG, Girls, this is best I ever eat.
I should get the recipe and put it on our yummys.
We have two invites one lunch and one supper, we'll be
full all day long. I've gotta get my fixxins together, mabe I'll make
a cool cookie, chocolates moose dessert.
These day's I'll be the southern ladie in southern fation. giggle, giggle.

Have a happy Canada Day guys .

Hope we all remeber, Fire works might cause problems for our Vets w PTSD. Some Vets have signs In their yards some do not,
please take a look around you and think if theres someone that might be effected, thanks much !!!!! It's the least we can do, Right.

Iris Girl
July 1st, 2015, 10:45 AM

So glad to see you posting and feeling somewhat better! You were missed! (((HUGS))) laced with healing waves.

Simply Quilting
July 1st, 2015, 11:04 AM
Good Morning! Happy Canada Day! to our wonderful friends.

I spent yesterday working on prepping the master bathroom for painting. I am very ready to have all the painting done - only 3 areas left that are a for sure spots to do and 3 others that if I get really motivated and have time to paint I will.

Glad to see you back May.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone :)

Grandma G
July 1st, 2015, 11:22 AM
Happy Canada Day to all our wonderful Canadian friends!! Hope it is a carefree and special day for all of you!

And hello to May!! So great to see you posting again! Hopefully July will treat you more kindly.

Carrie J
July 1st, 2015, 11:55 AM

Happy Canada Day!

To all our Canadian Friends and Family!!!

And Good Morning all!
Coffee in hand, and gearing up for the day! Hope everyone has a great one. May, glad you're better, April, owie, heal quickly! Hugs and Blessings to all!

fatquarters
July 1st, 2015, 01:42 PM
Good morning everyone. We are going to celebrate Canada Day without the crazy festivities. Got family visiting and my DGD sang O Canada before eating breakfast......they are so funny. We are just going to take it easy, maybe hang out and have some BBQ for supper and hopefully find a fireworks show tonight.

Happy Canada day to all my Canadian friends, and I hope all my friends south of the boarder have a happy day too!

oldsewer
July 1st, 2015, 07:12 PM
May, thank goodness you're back! I've really missed your posts. Sharon

RockinLou
July 1st, 2015, 10:43 PM
Hello friends! I'm glad to see May and Blondie back! I've been out of the loop the past week, but we are home in Atlanta, settling back in to our home here that we love. It was under construction last summer so we are still sorting ourselves out on that front, but the ceiling fans went in all the bedrooms today and what a difference it makes!!

The most important change re:ceiling fans is that there is now enough light in the room for me to sort through my stash and get some UFOs polished off and start a few new things too! Happy holidays friends, you can find me, my cheese itz and my cherry coke in my sewing nook!!