PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for my dog(s)-Warning: may be sad

jbrewer
July 1st, 2015, 03:59 AM
About a year ago my dog started limping and turns out she has bone cancer. We amputated in August, did 4 rounds of chemo and gave her lots of love. Statistics show she will live about a year after all that. She is an 8yr old Greyhound named Barbie. She is laying on the rug right next to me snoozing away with no signs of cancer at all. She is in remission now and if the cancer returns (95% chance), there is nothing we can do for her. I ask for prayers for her and us. We have given her the best life as possible. I pray daily she will be ok and also that we will be ok in her passing if she does go sooner. I also pray for our other greyhound Diego. I pray he will remain healthy and that if his Aunt Barbie leaves us sooner he will understand and be ok.
We love our brats dearly. We lost our "firstborn" 4 yrs ago and I still miss her and always will. They are never here long enough. Hopefully her love for sunbathing will keep her healthy!

KROQnK9s
July 1st, 2015, 04:44 AM
I hope Barbie stays in remission & you have many more years together.

dwil23
July 1st, 2015, 04:52 AM
Prayers for you all....

We lost a very precious dog to a very aggressive cancer 3 years ago. We are a family of dog lovers and have a lot of them between us. We get sad thinking about how most of them are beyond half of their life expectancy and will be gone far too soon. My little 12 yo chihuahua started having seizures a few weeks ago and it worries me half to death. He is being treated wtih medication that seems to be working, but I have been told that as he ages, they may be more frequent, and eventually they won't be able to help him.

You are so right - they just don't live long enough for all the love they have to give.

(((HUGS)))

rebeccas-sewing
July 1st, 2015, 05:05 AM
I'm sorry about your pup. I hope you get to share more time together. It's not easy saying goodbye.

Amy R
July 1st, 2015, 08:07 AM
There never is enough time. Puppy prayers for your family.

Suzette
July 1st, 2015, 08:54 AM
My prayers are added for your sweet pups! I agree that they are never with us long enough, but the time we do get with them is priceless. Hugs!!

Shirley
July 1st, 2015, 09:49 AM
Prayers for Barbie. We are going thru a situation with our 11 year old lab, Jake. He has cataracts and we are going for a consultation. It is very expensive surgery. Between $4,000 - $6,000,

Sandy Navas
July 1st, 2015, 09:59 AM
Most definitely adding your Barbie to my list. We're dealing with lymphomas in an 11YO Papillion who owns our hearts, so we totally understand.

Carlie Wolf
July 1st, 2015, 10:02 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. It's such a difficult thing to live with. I'll pray she stays in remission and that you still have many years with each other.

easyquilts
July 1st, 2015, 10:05 AM
My heart goes out to you, because I understand the intangible oh so close bond we often form with our animals. From what I understand, Grehounds are particularly loving, and only want to be with their people.

You know you have. Done all you could do to increase Barbie's chances.... No regrets there.

Since being my husband died (January 8, 2014) I depend more than ever on the sweet company of outer two Chihuahuas. I don't know what I would do if anything would happen to either of them....

You Barbie, and Diago will be n my prayers....

God Bless...

ozziepuppy
July 1st, 2015, 10:20 AM
I understand your pain. We lost our dog a year ago Thanksgiving. He lost the ability to use his hind legs. It was extremely sad. He couldn't even walk when we took him to the vet. She tried medications but they had no effect. It is so sad to lose such unconditional love and companionship. Thinking of you and praying the remission is a long one.

tnmtgrl
July 1st, 2015, 12:53 PM
Prayers and hugs coming your way..... I know what you are feeling.....1 1/2yrs ago we lost 2of our girls 6months apart...we lost Dela to a brain tumor and Daisy to heart failure. Dausy passed away in my husbands arms at 2 AM...she was his baby.....I don't want what I am going to say to sound cold.....so please don't take it that way...he was so upset that he started looking for a new pup. 2 days after she passed I was at work and he texted me that he bought a new puppy.....I was so upset because I was not ready...there was no way I could love another dog so soon after losing my two girls....well 4weeks later when she arrived and he took thatpuppy out of the crate....my heart melted and healed a little.....I wouldn't give anything for our Della 2......my point is....we love and care for them while we have them and when its time for them to go we grieve but our hearts and spirits can be lifted again with the promise of a new fur baby to love and care for and we will never forget them, they will live in our hearts forever

Liberty
July 1st, 2015, 12:54 PM
So many prayers!

Midge
July 1st, 2015, 01:43 PM
I'm so sorry about your dear Barbie. The most special ones are never with us long enough. And we miss them always. Many of us have experienced the kind of heartbreak you are sharing. Talk about it anytime. Many of us here love our furbabies more than we can express.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 1st, 2015, 01:57 PM
Those days we spend with our sick or aging pets are precious days. We know what lies ahead, with all the pain of loss attached. Savor the time you have.

CraftyJnet
July 1st, 2015, 01:58 PM
My prayers are with you. My dog Happy collapsed on a walk yesterday - rushed her to the vet - it may be her heart. We are waiting to find out. We all love our fur-babies so much. You have given Barbie every chance and tons of love and I'll pray that the remission is a long one.

geegeequilts
July 1st, 2015, 02:34 PM
Omg! I am so sorry you & your baby are going thru this awful time. Praying for remission. Our "babies" whether they have fur or feathers give us so much love!!!! My thoughts will be with you.
Gina

jbrewer
July 1st, 2015, 08:35 PM
Thanks everyone. She is happy as can be right now. I just know statistics are stacked against her. I hope Happy is ok.
It was an extremely difficult decision to proceed with amputation and chemo-not to mention costly. I still hope I made the best decision for her. Many owners I feel go this route the first time and then if another dog gets cancer they just say goodbye. I totally understand and hope I don't have to cross that path. We had to let our first one go (3 leg breaks in a few months). She was 10. Barbie just turned 7. OK. I going to go rub some bellies now!

Dollyquilts
July 1st, 2015, 08:51 PM
Praying your furbaby has a long, long remission, and when she goes, you will find peace knowing that you gave her every chance and a great life.

Carrie J
July 1st, 2015, 09:27 PM
So very sorry to hear about Barbie and the prognosis. Dogs and cats both, can grab our hearts like nothing else, and they leave us far too soon. Sending huge Hugs to you, and the hopes that Barbie has a verrrry long remission. Double time those belly pats! :D

mommamarsh
July 2nd, 2015, 04:31 AM
Praying for you all. Enjoy every day .Wishing you peace and comfort .

Monique
July 2nd, 2015, 07:25 AM
I am not an animal lover by any means but I do have a heart. May you get to spend more time with your beloved Barbie and may she know how lucky she is to have you in her life.

Bubby
July 2nd, 2015, 07:55 AM
The saddest thing about pets (dogs especially) is that their life expectancy is so short. We love them while we still have them and beyond. Jeff and I still tear up when we talk about our Miss Molly. I will be praying for your Barbie. ((HUGS))