PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Owl

kimsophia
July 1st, 2015, 01:57 AM
Hootie hoot! How are you all? Things are good here. I haven't done any sewing but I am getting ready to piece my Kaffe quilt back. I'm matching across the seam so that will be interesting. I've never done that, but with glue I think t will be easy.

I am cooking a pot of bean with bacon soup at midnight. lol I gotta act when the urge to cook strikes!

What's your news? @,@

sewlucky
July 1st, 2015, 02:02 AM
Today was a good day. My son got a good report at the cardiologist today :) no changes from his last Echo and no med changes, but best of all no activity restriction. He can continue training hard to make Team Canada someday soon ;).

Tonight I worked on log cabin blocks for a Canada flag wall hanging and am disappointed that they are not turning out square I will troubleshoot tomorrow. (See my thread if you have suggestions for me!)

It's Canada Day tomorrow :)

Terri

bubba
July 1st, 2015, 02:39 AM
Today my feathers came in violet.....I met up with a couple people I used to work with.....and yes, I did buy some fabric for some NCW's! Why??? I have no clue!!

I then went to the hardware store and bought a container filled with ladybugs!!! 500 of them! They kept them in a fridge at the store and told me to keep them cool till later tonight. Well, on the way home, I stopped by another quilt shop looking for something specific and took them in with me because it was so hot and I did not want them to cook in the car! The ladies there immediately wanted to know what I had with me so I told them and the looks on their faces was priceless! I told them it was too hot to leave my pets in the car....... The one who knows me took the container and walked all over the store with them showing them off! So funny!!

Believe it or not, I left empty handed! They did not have what I wanted and suggested I check Fabric.com which surprised me because the shop I used to go to all the time never, ever would have done that!! I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home, so I squeezed my container (about the size of cottage cheese) into my skinny purse and took them in the grocery store with me! When I was checking out, I had to take them out of my purse to get to my wallet and the male clerk kind of freaked out that I had these critters with me! It was even funnier than the gals in the quilt shop!

After a yummy dinner of pork chops, baked potatoes, and corn on the cob, we sprayed down the tree, per the directions on the container as they like to drink when set free, and sprinkled some of them onto the tree. You put the rest into the fridge and release them every few days till they are all on the tree. The reason we got them was so they would eat the aphids on the plum tree so we did not have to spray it with insecticides. The container says each ladybug eats up to 50 aphids a day and they will stay at the tree until there is nothing for them to eat. I suspect they will be with us for a while!

Trying to catch up on my recordings which seems to be a never ending battle. I'm getting better though. I want to watch Guarding Tess, so that is on the books for tomorrow night.

sewlucky
July 1st, 2015, 02:43 AM
Only Pat would carry around 500 ladybugs.... Are you making a ladybug NCW?

sewlucky
July 1st, 2015, 02:58 AM
This is funny...today is Tuesday. Just feels like Monday right???!!

Andrea F
July 1st, 2015, 03:29 AM
Good morning all!

My feathers are ruffled this morning, went to bed at 2:30 a.m. last night. I have to give a presentation tomorrow afternoon and it's not nearly ready. I'll probably be sitting preparing until an hour before I have to do it. And then I'm planning to sleep 12 hours straight. Oh wait - I can't do that, I have student appointments on Friday for which I need to prepare on Thursday evening then. I'm so glad when the semester is over in a couple of weeks!

I never heard that you can buy ladybugs here. A few years ago we had a ladybug plague and I know a few people who hate them now. A friend of mine freaks out when she sees one. They were at the sea that year and there must have been ladybugs everywhere, millions of them.

Monday, I ordered some fabric for NCWs, too, and more hardware. I'll be getting 12 of those push locks I've been using so far. I also ordered some book screws. I think they are supposed to be used for scrap booking but I'm going to try them for attaching the sides. Very unfortunately, our mail services are on strike and it takes everything much longer to arrive here. My friend in Augsburg makes beautiful jewelry with beads and crochets baskets and such. We were thinking about opening some kind of shop on a platform similar to Etsy together and try to sell stuff that we made just for fun and that has no owner yet. Well, if I can part with some of my bags, that is.

Have a good night and a wonderful day everyone! If you see me here later, send me back to working on that dratted presentation please!

Hulamoon
July 1st, 2015, 03:33 AM
Pat that was a fun story! Are you still watching the batchorette? I can't stop watching the train wreak. lol

I'm watching my recordings too. The cable company sent the replacment box(a brand new one, not a refurb!) So I'm going to be lazy before I hook it up in the morning. I asked the gal on the phone when are they going to have a feature where you can record more that two shows at once and she said its getting developed! Awesome!

Happy Canada Day!

toggpine
July 1st, 2015, 03:35 AM
Busy day.
Then I just went down to top off the milk for the goat babies and found we had a hay-alanche. About 35 bales tumbled off the stack. I couldn't leave them there as they were blocking the aisle, so hay stacking at 10 PM was added to the list. Now I need another shower.
I'll go run through that and then get back to cutting out my aprons and turn under the edge of some patriotic fabric to make a quick dresser scarf for end tables. Tomorrow is cleaning day. I must get things ready for the 4th & the invasion of family.

I really want to go tuck into the nest though!

bubba
July 1st, 2015, 03:40 AM
Pat that was a fun story! Are you still watching the batchorette? I can't stop watching the train wreak. lol

I'm watching my recordings too. The cable company sent the replacment box(a brand new one, not a refurb!) So I'm going to be lazy before I hook it up in the morning. I asked the gal on the phone when are they going to have a feature where you can record more that two shows at once and she said its getting developed! Awesome!

Happy Canada Day!

Ugh.....yes I'm still watching that stupid show!!! I can't stand her voice, I can't stand her whining and I really can't stand her lips!!! And some of the faces she makes...puke puke puke!!!

Our DVR can record up to four shows at once and you can watch a fifth!!! I'd rather live in Hawaii though! Our daughter has been trying to talk us into a day trip to either Kona or Kauai, but I refuse to fly there on the red eye, spend one day and fly the red eye back home. That is not my idea of fun!

bubba
July 1st, 2015, 03:43 AM
Monday, I ordered some fabric for NCWs, too, and more hardware. I'll be getting 12 of those push locks I've been using so far. I also ordered some book screws. I think they are supposed to be used for scrap booking but I'm going to try them for attaching the sides. Very unfortunately, our mail services are on strike and it takes everything much longer to arrive here. My friend in Augsburg makes beautiful jewelry with beads and crochets baskets and such. We were thinking about opening some kind of shop on a platform similar to Etsy together and try to sell stuff that we made just for fun and that has no owner yet. Well, if I can part with some of my bags, that is.

I wanted to ask where you order your parts from. Is it a European company, or somewhere over here? What to the push locks go for? I can't find them in any of the stores here, so I'm going to have to break down and order some of them too! Do you have to use glue on them? Is there any hole cutting involved??

If you are reading this, GET BACK TO WORK!!!!

Andrea F
July 1st, 2015, 03:57 AM
I ordered them on our dawanda.com platform. It's like Etsy. The package with ten locks is this

Schnallen & Schließen - 10 x Steckschloss 30 x 31mm - ein Designerstück von Bunte-Naehschatulle bei DaWanda (http://de.dawanda.com/product/72723227-10-x-steckschloss-30-x-31mm)

They are dirt cheap, about 12$ including shipping for a pack of ten! Just realized I didn't order those, but some other for 2$ each. It's a platform like Etsy and I order almost all my hardware from there.
They are really easy to use. No glue, no cutting big holes. They are pretty much attached like magnetic snaps. They have some spikes and you just have to poke two or three tiny holes and push it in there and fold the spikes over. If you want to have some of those, let me know. I'll get you some and send them to you.

I'll go back to work now!

bubba
July 1st, 2015, 04:26 AM
I ordered them on our dawanda.com platform. It's like Etsy. The package with ten locks is this

Schnallen & Schließen - 10 x Steckschloss 30 x 31mm - ein Designerstück von Bunte-Naehschatulle bei DaWanda (http://de.dawanda.com/product/72723227-10-x-steckschloss-30-x-31mm)

They are dirt cheap, about 12$ including shipping for a pack of ten! Just realized I didn't order those, but some other for 2$ each. It's a platform like Etsy and I order almost all my hardware from there.
They are really easy to use. No glue, no cutting big holes. They are pretty much attached like magnetic snaps. They have some spikes and you just have to poke two or three tiny holes and push it in there and fold the spikes over. If you want to have some of those, let me know. I'll get you some and send them to you.

I'll go back to work now!

I just ordered ten from Emmaline. With shipping they were $34.

kimsophia
July 1st, 2015, 04:57 AM
It's LADYBUG DAY!!!! :D

I just made a groovy Crafty Gemini headband...I'm really loving it as it reminds me of the plastic headbands I wore when I was a kid. However it isn't hard nor does it have teeth...

http://land.craftygeminicreates.com/reversible-headbands/?utm_source=dailydeal&utm_medium=lp&utm_campaign=tcgc001