PDA

View Full Version : public service announcement....

bubba
June 30th, 2015, 04:43 PM
When you have dyed your hair purple already, and then you redye it.....IT'S REALLY VIOLET!!!

ilive2craft2
June 30th, 2015, 04:44 PM
We need pictures!

asta
June 30th, 2015, 04:49 PM
This too will pass.

Bubby
June 30th, 2015, 04:55 PM
I got a lot of my maroon hair cut off today.....quite short and nerdy. It feels healthier and cooler and it's only hair!!

Doloris
June 30th, 2015, 05:38 PM
yep I can vouch. It is really purple. /violet

SewnByBee
June 30th, 2015, 06:32 PM
I think a picture is a must on this one , FWI, I 've found dish soap strips pretty good.

Claire Hallman
June 30th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Yep and FIY if you put ash brown over yellowish blond you will end up with green.:icon_rolleyes:

Kgrammiecaz
June 30th, 2015, 07:11 PM
You are all too funny - okay - pics???

Jean Sewing Machine
June 30th, 2015, 07:21 PM
I don't know, I've seen a lot of purple hair around and it seems quite trendy!

Doloris
June 30th, 2015, 07:24 PM
I'd post a pic, but she would probably kill me.

laura44
June 30th, 2015, 07:41 PM
Ah, come on, we want to see. I like a little color in the hair.

SewnByBee
June 30th, 2015, 07:58 PM
One time I had a charcoal grey experience, I attenuated to go a lil darker,and I tried to go lighterand had bananna yellow, now I have it done.
I rather only color it once

Doloris
June 30th, 2015, 08:15 PM
think this

SallyO'Sews
June 30th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Pat, aren't you worried that you'll be mistaken for a Vikings fan? :lol:

bubba
June 30th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Pat, aren't you worried that you'll be mistaken for a Vikings fan? :lol:

What's that???? And the color the trouble maker posted is indeed the color my hair is!! And yes, I did it on purpose! I just was not expecting it to be so much colorful that it was last time!!! My drivers license will be interesting.....

toggpine
June 30th, 2015, 08:31 PM
You only live once!
I just don't have the energy to dye my hair, and keep doing it. Thankfully my grey is coming in all shiny at this point. Many thanks to my grandmothers who both had glittery grey!

Doloris
June 30th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Hey!!!! I didn't post your pic, I just merely gave them something to put in their minds eye

bubba
June 30th, 2015, 08:50 PM
My hair is glittery gray!!! Well, it was! I have to say, my hair holds this color better than any other.......wonder why that is?

mischiefkat
June 30th, 2015, 09:23 PM
Many years ago my sister used to dye her dark brown hair black. She dyed her hair on a regular basis, until the day some chemical thing happened and her hair turned bright orange. SIL who was hair dresser told her what to get to tame the orange. Sister was too mortified to go to the beauty supply,so SIL went. Sister greeted SIL at front door with her head all wrapped up in a towel, not a strand of hair showing . Too bad that was before cell phones. My BIL referred to my sister as Flame for next few weeks.

bubba
June 30th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Since inquiring minds want to know, here is a picture of my actual head in the sunlight today....

Sandy Navas
June 30th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Been down the road with platinum blonde, later black (miss-dyed) - and that turned to fluorescent ORANGE, then red and red and redder and finally normal - Al says he loves the grey when I threaten BLUE.

SewnByBee
June 30th, 2015, 10:15 PM
A little toanner? just to settle down the hue, not bad asI feard.
I got where it hurt my sholders y o doit myself but now I don't worry
about wh a t color it will be.Glad we can play around with our ooppsss'ss.

easyquilts
June 30th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Pictured! Absolutely.... Pictures.....

songbird857
July 1st, 2015, 01:09 AM
I like it :)

Andrea F
July 1st, 2015, 03:39 AM
Since inquiring minds want to know, here is a picture of my actual head in the sunlight today....

This is exactly the color I saw several girls having in Augsburg and that made me think of you. I like it, too!

rebeccas-sewing
July 1st, 2015, 05:13 AM
Certainly not shocking since I, too, see folks walking around with exactly that shade. I hate dyeing my hair but I'm too vain to let it go gray (yet). Having dark hair makes it hard to hide the roots and my hair grows rather fast. I'm too cheap to have the hairdresser dye it. I choke every time I ask how much. They even try to give me a big discount and it's still too much, in my opinion. I have one color on my hair. Many years ago I actually let them dye it for me. They didn't do any better job than I do myself. A bottle of dye is under $15. I think the last time I asked they were going to give me a break and charge $50. No way!!! It's a luxury I'll just have to do without.

Vonnie
July 1st, 2015, 09:02 AM
That's a pretty shade!

Before turning gray, my hair was a dark brown/black. I started dying it when I turned 40 and stopped in the late forties since my hair grows really fast and I was more gray than brown and I started looking like a skunk between dye's! My hair grows 1/4" every week. By the end of the first week, if I parted my hair, I would have a 1/2" strip of gray surrounded by dark brown! Plus I was starting to have bad scalp/skin reactions to the dye. Oh well, DH says we match now!

I saw an elderly lady at the mall a while back that had pink hair and accessories (shoes, purse, jewelry).

Snip Snip
July 1st, 2015, 11:20 AM
I quit dyeing my hair a couple of years ago, and it is so much healthier now. You can get a semi-permanent color , like Loving Care[I](not on the market anymore, sadly) called [I]Color Brilliance at a beauty supply store. It lasts through about 4 shampoos, and isn't really much trouble to put on. Use that on the roots, blending out to the rest of your hair. Within 3 months you can get a new short and sassy haircut and wear your graying hair with pride.
At my yoga class recently, our very blunt instructor looked at me doing a downward dog (hair flopping around my face) and said "You know, people spend good money to get their hair the color yours is." Hehe

Pandabear
July 1st, 2015, 12:45 PM
You should add more colors and get a rainbow effect. :)

kimsophia
July 1st, 2015, 05:45 PM
I love it! I saw a teacher on campus one day rocking a short haircut that was stuck up straight on top, and I ran up to her and told I loved her hair! She told me where she got it done and I got mine done there the next day. But they did mine a little longer on the sides, because the stylist said otherwise I'd have "too much face". lolol She was right! :lol:

laura44
July 1st, 2015, 10:58 PM
I like it!!!