PDA

View Full Version : Tuesdays can be tricky

Blondie
June 30th, 2015, 08:07 AM

Hello Folksies!

You know how we all love to bemoan Mondays because it means the wheels of the bus start going round and round again? And that there are generally cogs in those wheels that spell out t r o u b l e ??? So, yeah. That was my Monday. No. No sickness. No. running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Just a plain old huge water leak at the shop across the street. Middle Son Josh woke up and as he was heading out to his vehicle, he stepped into a pond up to his ankles. Oy. I had to call on my cousin Butch who has a smallish backhoe thingy and then call my Luscious Larry. Butch got busy digging while we were waiting Larry's arrival. With shovel in hand, I jump into the hole to finish clearing the mud and water out until the leaking pipe appeared. One twist of the line to make sure that this was where the break was and holy moly, folksies, I was like one of those babes in a mud wrestling contest. Slipping, sliding, and climbing my way out of that mucky mess. Too bad there wasn't a video being made. It would have been the perfect photo op. For those in the south who live with red clay, you can imagine what my shoes and clothes look like. I have soaked them in dawn, peroxide and some baking soda. All the stains came out! You may quote me on this.
As for the critters that like to dwell sub terrainian, I met them all. Unfortunately for them, they did not survive my shovel, shoes or screams. Butch, who has the silly sense of humor that seems to run in our family, just loved watching me. You know the kind of humor where it is hilarious to watch slapstick??? In this case, it was laughing at watching me try to climb out of the mud hole. It was my own personal vertical slip and slide!! Yeah, well it did sort of resemble slap stick, I am sure. He even offered to pull me out with the tractor bucket. My Luscious One finally arrived and did all the hard work of cutting the pipe and refitting it. By that time the sun was way on up there and since the heat index and I never agree, I dragged my soggy self back across the street to make sure I had turned the crockpot on that morning.

So, it's Tuesday morning. I am not planning on doing one single thing. I think that may be my safest bet. That way, I won't worry about a schedule in my brain of where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to do. I am pretty adept at winging it. Actually, I am more like a professional fly by the seat of my britches kinda gal.

Hoping each and every one here has a super duper day. Prayers for those in need - blessings and gritty red clay smiles for all.

Ginny B
June 30th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Oh Blondie, what a Monday you had! I guess I have a similar sense of humor to that of your cousin Butch because I did laugh a bit reading of your muddy adventure. Sorry. Glad the pipe is fixed.

I had a much calmer Monday and am grateful for that. Off to see what Tuesday holds. I hope it's less messy for you Blondie.

Have a great day everyone.

Lori63
June 30th, 2015, 08:44 AM
Wow, Blondie you made my morning! You gave me a nice laugh and I'm glad you are able to see the humor in your day yesterday. I'm glad the pipe is fixed and you have a relaxing day planned.

This morning I woke up late, did not want to get out of bed and go to work...but I went anyway. I work today, off tomorrow (I have my twilling class tomorrow!), work Thursday, then I'm off for the long weekend. Now, just to make it through today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Angelia
June 30th, 2015, 08:48 AM
I feel tons lighter today. I got all nine cousin quilts boxed and shipped. It was a big project, but now that it is done, I can look back, be glad I did it, and move forward. Plus, in my little house, that much yardage of quilts takes up a lot of room!

Not sure what today holds, but I'll find plenty to do! (no Blondiesque mud-wrestling though, I hope)

Best wishes to all!

Mpyles
June 30th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Yikes! Sounds messy! But too funny!! My Monday was a first day back at work from vacation.....nuff said!

Have a great day!

buckeyequilter
June 30th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Good morning.......

My second day of vacation and this is what I feel like doing today *lol*

Yesterday I slept in and then cleaned the house. So today I was up at about 4:30. I have a load of laundry going (that's it for the housework today) and working on a quilt. I think I'm going to go to both local quilt shops today and pick up the row by row pattern.

The rest of my week is for me. I think we may go Amishing tomorrow. I need to pick up some fabric. I'll get some row by row patterns from those that are participating.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs.

Simply Quilting
June 30th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Good Morning! Blondie, your napping picture is what I have occasionally been known to do when completely overwhelmed, othertimes it is just snitch up the britches and away we go. It sounds like you need a very calm Tuesday after your Monday.

Yesterday I did many new things for the first time. Calking was one of them in prepping to paint. What I found was it is a lot like cake decorating - right size tip, steady pressure and even movement makes for perfect lines. Then I painted, the only wall painting that I had ever done was murals so this was a new experience. Must say if it wasn't for the three big pieces of furniture we had to leave in the room, the job would have been much easier. Today we have the final coat to put on. I am liking how the room is turning out.

Shirley, enjoy your vacation time :)

Have a great day everyone :)

Sylvia H
June 30th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Good morning all! Oh Blondie, what a day you had! I think your "plans" for today are just perfect. Shirley, cleaning the house on your first day of vacation? Hopefully that is it for any housework for the rest of your vacay. (I know, I did that too when I was working.) Angelia - congrats on getting all those boxes shipped. Mailing packages is one of those things that I don't do well.

I am enjoying this cooler weather. I didn't need the A/C at all yesterday, and hope that today will be the same. I didn't get to any sewing yesterday, in spite of my plans. However, I was very productive in the kitchen, so that was good. Today I'll make red sauce in the crock pot, and then 'git' myself to the sewing room.

Bubby
June 30th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note before I leave for my haircut. I have my fingers crossed.

We killed a large snake yesterday that was trying to hide underneath my mower....yuk.

Blondie, Jeff has been in that same hole twice in the last few years...it's a real ordeal.

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday.

auntiemern
June 30th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Oh my dearest Blondie. I think I would have paid money to see that, and after I finished belly rolling, I would have least attempted to get you out of the hole. Up early today to go to the kids. DD has unusual hours today. Speaking of DD she got a promotion, raise, and unfortunately a transfer. Where she was 5 min from work, she will now be about 30.
Yes I am alive and kicking, just been lurking more than posting. Between the kids, selling, and cutting material. Had a bit of a slow down this past week. Thinking about taking the kids to the lake for a few next week.
The 4th of July is my BIL, Gerry's big holiday. (mild pyromaniac) They always have a big party at their cabin for this, and it is going to be huge this year. (his tumors are growing, and they have changed chemo treatments) Sad to say, but it may be his last big bang, so we are gonna do it up big this year. Him and his 3 boys put on quite a fireworks show. What they spend on them, between the 3 of them could feed a small family for a year...but that is their fun, and their money.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

Sandy Navas
June 30th, 2015, 10:04 AM
I want everyone to notice, She's still SMILING!!!

Finished binding two quilts yesterday. Even have labels on them!!
The pool boy showed and opened up the pool - it's clearing nicely. That means Momma needs a new bathing suit. Elephant shopping here I come.
Third restaurant in the area closed yesterday. Some places just can't make a go of it. Hope that's not a sign of future times.
My teenager weed puller is supposed to be here soon. Yeah for that one. I may try to get some mowing done while he's pulling.

All's well that ends well.

GrammaBabs
June 30th, 2015, 10:11 AM
You poor kid.... this stuff just "finds" you my dear friend!
Miracle is that you always come thru with that "still smiling, positive Blondie Attitude".... but hey,,, ain't that the way to get thru this life???
As for the Flo picture... i think she perhaps is a "cartoon" of you with the voice and sarcasim of GB...LOL
Hang in there DF,,, you know my prayers always have your back...:))))

pcbatiks
June 30th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Good morning, friends.

Last week was a goof off week for us.......hubby was on vacation so we relaxed and enjoyed our extra time together.

Yesterday was a book sorting day again.......already! People are donating books with a vengeance for next springs book sale. Heading back today to do more of the same. Can I interest anyone in books from a college from the 1960's.......... :D that will be a big haul to the recycling center.

Thanks Barb......for the creepy reminder......to check under the mower for snakes. I will probably mow later today..........yuck......I hate snakes. :icon_scared:

Guess I better get moving. Hugs & prayers to those who need them.

MRoy
June 30th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Blondie saved money on a whole body clay mask treatment! I've almost got DGS's quilt top pieced. I worked on it at sin-n-sew yesterday and may finish it at home today.

I'm waiting on DH to call me to come pick him up at the garage where he delivered a truck for repair. Then the rest of the day is unplanned. Have a great day!

Sandy Navas
June 30th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Good morning, friends.

Last week was a goof off week for us.......hubby was on vacation so we relaxed and enjoyed our extra time together.

Yesterday was a book sorting day again.......already! People are donating books with a vengeance for next springs book sale. Heading back today to do more of the same. Can I interest anyone in books from a college from the 1960's.......... :D that will be a big haul to the recycling center.

Thanks Barb......for the creepy reminder......to check under the mower for snakes. I will probably mow later today..........yuck......I hate snakes. :icon_scared:

Guess I better get moving. Hugs & prayers to those who need them.

Alligators are okay though . . .

Carrie J
June 30th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Morning All! :D
Hmmmm, self made mud body masks, snakes, alligators, elliefonts rolling on beach sand and Charmin' commercials..............yeah no wonder I gravitate to Blondie's morning thread! ROFL!

Slept in, but coffee is on the horizon, yep Hubs just hollered, then off to SEW!!! Hope everyone has a great day, no matter the critters you run into, or the plans you've made! Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them!

SewnByBee
June 30th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Morning, all.
Blondie,you give new meaning to Monday we'll call it, Monday Madness. It does seam like the craziest things pop up at the begging of the week for us too. Hope the rest of the week is much better.if not ,we'll laaugh about it and lMs Flow saysing KMG.( I Loved her character)
Can't believe you got that red mud out , thats some touugh stuff. I have some pretty good help for removing greece. pretreat with a little go jo, I the wash add a dollop more of the go jo and cascade dish soap with laundry soap , wash in warm water.I I like to let it soak for a bit then wash. My darling works on cares when he has too. I found this to work ppretty well.
May today be better than yesterday.
Momma said they'd be days like this.
...... This to shall pass
Look on the bright side, you didn't have to pay for the mudd mask.
laughing is better than crying abou it, Huggs ,it'll be alright.
Hope everyone has a blessed day, ............Bee

toggpine
June 30th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Can I interest anyone in books from a college from the 1960's.......... :D that will be a big haul to the recycling center.

Pam, you might check with the library or the local school. I have seen where they used older books as art projects. For the life of me I can't remember the term. It's not modified, but perhaps altered books. They sketch over the words, make collages, or in some cases turn them into hollowed out treasure chests. Anyhow. It's a thought to check out.

oldsewer
June 30th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Sandy, try Lands End for swim suits. Lots of styles, great fabric and color selection, different fits, made for REAL women. Order online, try on at home, return what you don't want. Can't be beat! Sharon

Sandy Navas
June 30th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Sandy, try Lands End for swim suits. Lots of styles, great fabric and color selection, different fits, made for REAL women. Order online, try on at home, return what you don't want. Can't be beat! Sharon

Great idea - Lands End is sold at Sears, K-Mart owns Sears, K-Mart had a great sale today, buy one, get one - I lucked out, though I had a hard time finding my size. But I'm totally satisfied with what I did find.