PDA

View Full Version : The Night Owl Thread

kimsophia
June 30th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Hootalie hoot! @,@ How are you tonight/this morning? I need to get to sleep because I have two repairmen coming tomorrow to bid on a new central a/c. Also I am lending moral support to a friend who is decluttering/downsizing.

Today I was mowing and a back wheel fell off the lawn mower. :P I had to quit but there's a Mohawk haircut stripe in the back yard... :D

What's your news?

Hulamoon
June 30th, 2015, 03:32 AM
I got my I Spy fabric today and its so cute! A package from Amazon? It was that ruler organizer that a member posted.It's missing a part so I filed a return. I really wanted to play with that in the morning. Oh well. Other than that I'm being lazy because the humidity is sucking the life out of me. lol

Andrea F
June 30th, 2015, 03:45 AM
Good morning ladies! I've been waiting for you. I'm up for almost two hours since I have to go back to work today. It's going to be a week crowded with work and I expect to be working long hours and not to get much sewing done.

Too bad the wheel fell off the mower but I bet the lawn looks kind of interesting with that mohawk stripe.
Lorie, what kind of ruler organizer? I must have missed that thread. It's annoying if you wait for something and it arrives broken, isn't it?

It's supposed to get really hot here this week, up to almost 40C (104F). I'm not exactly looking forward to that. I like it nice and warm but not so hot.
Getting ready for work now. Have a good night!

Hulamoon
June 30th, 2015, 04:02 AM
Andrea it was this one. It's made for stained glass. I feel real stupid right now. I got up to put the package back together and it was sitting under my butt. lol It was one of the tungs. I put it together and it's so awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KA5B5W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Kgrammiecaz
June 30th, 2015, 04:13 AM
Andrea it was this one. It's made for stained glass. I feel real stupid right now. I got up to put the package back together and it was sitting under my butt. lol It was one of the tungs. I put it together and it's so awesome!

Amazon.com: Studio Pro Organizer 15 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KA5B5W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00)

I am so glad it was all there. I love mine. Cannot believe I did not find this sooner. It is perfect.

Andrea F
June 30th, 2015, 04:41 AM
Haha, Lorie, that could have happened to me too. It looks awesome. I bookmarked it, I think I could use one. Thank you :D

stationarymom
July 1st, 2015, 02:34 AM
Andrea I didn't think it got that hot there.My father and his siblings are going on a river cruise in september what type of temps do you usually have then?
There isn't to much happening here,I went up to see my gf's mother at the hosp today she's starting to do a little better.I was afraid she was on her way out yesterday,because she had slept for two whole days and nights she even stopped voiding on her own.

Andrea F
July 1st, 2015, 02:56 AM
Andrea I didn't think it got that hot there.My father and his siblings are going on a river cruise in september what type of temps do you usually have then?
There isn't to much happening here,I went up to see my gf's mother at the hosp today she's starting to do a little better.I was afraid she was on her way out yesterday,because she had slept for two whole days and nights she even stopped voiding on her own.

Joan, do they go on a river cruise here in Germany? It's a lot cooler in September. The temps are usually in the twenties then, around 70F. September is nice here most of the time. It gets hot mostly only in July and August, sometimes in June already.

stationarymom
July 1st, 2015, 03:01 AM
Andrea they will be cruising down the river in Germany ,but then they will go off to some other areas as well I don't remember exactly where right now.The fall temps sound a lot better,they actually sound a lot like our early fall day time temps.

kimsophia
July 1st, 2015, 03:24 AM
There's a link to the Crafty Gemini tutorial on how to make a headband on the DD page..very cute and a cool way to use up jelly roll strips! :)

Andrea F
July 1st, 2015, 03:32 AM
Andrea they will be cruising down the river in Germany ,but then they will go off to some other areas as well I don't remember exactly where right now.The fall temps sound a lot better,they actually sound a lot like our early fall day time temps.

Probably they will cruise down the Rhine? Why don't you go with them? We could meet for a chat :D

Lightwriter
July 1st, 2015, 06:04 AM
I just woke up and am poking my head out of my tree to see what is going on. A river cruise sounds like a lot of fun! It was 98 degrees here all last week and started steaming up again today after a couple of cooler days. We have hot humid summers, but usually not 98. I am very thankful for my air conditioning.

Still working on quilting the Irish Chain. It's hot in my little sewing aerie with just a little window air conditioner, so it is a slow go. Feeling some better, hope to feel a lot better soon.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Snip Snip
July 1st, 2015, 11:24 AM
Haha, Lorie, that could have happened to me too. It looks awesome. I bookmarked it, I think I could use one. Thank you :D

Couldn't you use an old CD or DVD holder for that? It looks about the same size....

Hulamoon
July 1st, 2015, 11:49 AM
Couldn't you use an old CD or DVD holder for that? It looks about the same size....

I don't think a cd holder would be tall enough for the larger rulers. Here is Karens post and what it looks like.

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/look-what-i-found-quilting-links-resources/54393-great-ruler-storage-display.html