PDA

View Full Version : a map of where we live

snippet
June 29th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Wow, have you seen this map (https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1253169) lately? There are a LOT of us! I have been adding to the map as members post on laura44's thread, http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/how-use-site/39793-list-where-everyone-lives.html Then I thought I'd add to it by pinning everyone's hometown only if they posted it in their profile.

We need more people in the Western states! Come on y'all - represent! We even have some, not a lot, but some international quilters!

You can create the pin yourself, or reply in laura44's thread and I will do it for you.

Amy R
June 29th, 2015, 10:45 PM
I'm in there, so cool!

laura44
June 29th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Wow, little did I know how the post would take off.
You did an awesome job! Yes, need more west coast people!

K. McEuen
June 29th, 2015, 10:58 PM
The map is very representative of how it is out here ... people in the western states are a lot more spread out than those back east.

Lilly
June 29th, 2015, 11:07 PM
WOW - this is so cool!

CraftyJnet
June 29th, 2015, 11:21 PM
That's so cool! I'm in Novato, CA, about 40 minutes north of Laura44, and I just replied to that thread. I tried to add myself to Bel Marin Keys (where I actually live, a little east of Novato) but I got a red star instead of a balloon?

Nidan_07
June 29th, 2015, 11:28 PM
I don't think I made it onto the map, can you add me, please? I am in Brisbane, Land of Aussies. I am not too far at all from our Pami Patch who is on the Gold Coast. Both beautiful parts of the world.

easyquilts
June 29th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Please add me... I'm from Ohio!

The map is AWESOME....

irishrn
June 29th, 2015, 11:43 PM
I tried to be very thorough looking at all the states and it seems that we have at least one forum member in each state. I couldn't find Blondie! I know she is NC.
This is so cool!!!

Musical_Starling
June 30th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Wow, that's cool! And I'm on it! All by my lonesome over here on my little rock lol Speaking of which, are you able to move the pins? It's a little nitpicky, I know, but the pin for me is actually up in Labrador, when I'm down on the Avalon Peninsula of the island portion of the province. I'm just outside of the capital city, St. John's, in a town called Paradise (yes, seriously). We're an odd province, we have a mainland and an island portion and the islanders are very proud of being islanders and the mainlanders (Labradorians) are very proud of being from Labrador, but when push comes to shove we're all one big province and are proud of our diversity :)

K. McEuen
June 30th, 2015, 12:39 AM
I tried to be very thorough looking at all the states and it seems that we have at least one forum member in each state. I couldn't find Blondie! I know she is NC.
This is so cool!!!

Alaska! No one is in Alaska.

snippet
June 30th, 2015, 01:41 AM
That's so cool! I'm in Novato, CA, about 40 minutes north of Laura44, and I just replied to that thread. I tried to add myself to Bel Marin Keys (where I actually live, a little east of Novato) but I got a red star instead of a balloon?
You get the red star, then you have to select SUBMIT to save it. I added you.

CraftyJnet
June 30th, 2015, 01:45 AM
You get the red star, then you have to select SUBMIT to save it. I added you.

Thank you!

snippet
June 30th, 2015, 01:46 AM
I don't think I made it onto the map, can you add me, please? I am in Brisbane, Land of Aussies. I am not too far at all from our Pami Patch who is on the Gold Coast. Both beautiful parts of the world.
You are there already. Click on the little arrows (<<) on the very right edge of the map to see the names. Then you can scroll down and find your name. Or click on VIEW - SHOW LIST.

snippet
June 30th, 2015, 01:48 AM
Please add me... I'm from Ohio!

The map is AWESOME....
You are already on the map.

Bjvarizona
June 30th, 2015, 01:54 AM
Alaska has one member on Kodiak Island and I think there is one in Juneau.

snippet
June 30th, 2015, 01:55 AM
Wow, that's cool! And I'm on it! All by my lonesome over here on my little rock lol Speaking of which, are you able to move the pins? It's a little nitpicky, I know, but the pin for me is actually up in Labrador, when I'm down on the Avalon Peninsula of the island portion of the province. I'm just outside of the capital city, St. John's, in a town called Paradise (yes, seriously). We're an odd province, we have a mainland and an island portion and the islanders are very proud of being islanders and the mainlanders (Labradorians) are very proud of being from Labrador, but when push comes to shove we're all one big province and are proud of our diversity :)
Not nitpicky at all... When I created your pin, I plopped you in a somewhat central area of Newfoundland since that's what is in your profile. I moved you to the island :)

snippet
June 30th, 2015, 01:57 AM
Alaska has one member on Kodiak Island and I think there is one in Juneau. I must have missed seeing their profile. I hope they add a pin!

mommamarsh
June 30th, 2015, 02:24 AM
That is so neat ! Thank you so much !

Andrea F
June 30th, 2015, 03:01 AM
The map is so cool. I like to see where everybody lives. It's so interesting to see that there a quite a few European members and some even further away.

Musical_Starling
June 30th, 2015, 05:09 AM
Not nitpicky at all... When I created your pin, I plopped you in a somewhat central area of Newfoundland since that's what is in your profile. I moved you to the island :)

Yay! Thank you :) The pin is almost sitting right over my house now lol

sunrae
June 30th, 2015, 06:45 AM
I've added myself to Western Australia - Share60 was looking lonely all by herself. :icon_wave:

Monique
June 30th, 2015, 07:22 AM
That is awesome.

shermur
December 6th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Wow, have you seen this map (https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1253169) lately? There are a LOT of us! I have been adding to the map as members post on laura44's thread, http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/how-use-site/39793-list-where-everyone-lives.html Then I thought I'd add to it by pinning everyone's hometown only if they posted it in their profile.

We need more people in the Western states! Come on y'all - represent! We even have some, not a lot, but some international quilters!

You can create the pin yourself, or reply in laura44's thread and I will do it for you.

****Can someone update me from Fort Smith, AR to Springfield, MO? laura44's thread is no longer visible.......******

wildernessquilter
December 6th, 2016, 10:31 AM
I also tried to follow the link and got page not found. I am in Williamsburg, KY.

Sue

peggiep
December 6th, 2016, 10:46 AM
That is soooo cool! I added "me" to it with no difficulty at all. I am so impressed that there are members from all over the world! Amazing!

toggpine
December 6th, 2016, 01:03 PM
It is pretty easy to add yourself for the first time. If you have to update your location, then Snippet is the one to help straighten that out!
It is pretty cool to see where everybody is located!

Caroline T.
December 6th, 2016, 01:13 PM
I also tried to follow the link and got page not found. I am in Williamsburg, KY.

Sue

did you click on the forum link, or the "this map"? "This Map" is the one that takes you to the map https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1253169 , the original forum thread was relocated

RockinLou
December 6th, 2016, 01:31 PM
:-) how cool!! I'm pretty easy to find out there in Central Asia all alone.... now you know why I need the forum so much!! <3

cashs mom
December 6th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Okay, I'm being computer dysfunctional this morning and had trouble adding myself but I'm there now.

snippet
December 6th, 2016, 05:11 PM
****Can someone update me from Fort Smith, AR to Springfield, MO? laura44's thread is no longer visible.......******I moved you to Springfield Sherri. If you created the pin yourself, I think you can update it. But I created a lot of them, so it's up to me to move them. Or I could delete it altogether and let you create a pin. Let me know.

snippet
December 6th, 2016, 05:17 PM

SueI added a pin for you Sue - all alone in the wilderness! :)

MaryUK
December 6th, 2016, 09:07 PM
In the words if my DGS 'epic' I am on the map. It looks like our little island of UK has been swamped by balloons!!!