PDA

View Full Version : yee haw!!!!

bubba
June 29th, 2015, 10:10 PM
We have been at the lake since last Friday and reception for both the phone and internet were next to nothing. The saving grace was the weather was beautiful! Spent two days in the water and several hours of one holding a two month old baby boy named Clyde! He is the son of a friend and she came to relax for a day, so I sent everyone down to the lake and made the ultimate sacrifice by staying behind with the baby. You know I had more fun!

Found out this afternoon that yours truly will be going to Sisters for the big show in two weeks with my sister Paula! I'll be sure to take pictures so you can live vicariously thru me!

K. McEuen
June 29th, 2015, 10:31 PM
Sounds like a great time at the lake. I know Jean has gone to a couple of the Sisters quilt shows. I wonder if she is headed that way this year.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 29th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Sisters! Oh no! I am going to miss it this year! My sister has a vacation home outside of Sisters and I went to the show in '12 and '13! Wish I was going this year and we could terrorize the town!

easyquilts
June 29th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Your time at the lake sounds do good.... Sorry you "had"to make such a huge sacrifice..... Who doesn't enjoy holding a baby?

Oh, wow.... So, you and your sister are going yo Susters.... Don't forget to take pics for us.... Lucky you...

Andrea F
June 30th, 2015, 03:03 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!

bubba
June 30th, 2015, 04:02 AM
Believe me, a weekend at the lake is always good! I think we come home feeling more tired than we did when we got there, but I attribute it to all the fresh air!

Sonic
June 30th, 2015, 08:34 AM
OMG..green here.
The lake sounds nice, but I really miss Sisters!!

ravelim
June 30th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a great time at the lake. I know Jean has gone to a couple of the Sisters quilt shows. I wonder if she is headed that way this year.

Is there something special about this quilt show? I live in an area that I don't get to shows.

quiltingaway
June 30th, 2015, 12:35 PM
the Sister's Outdoor Quilt Show should be on every quilter's bucket list. It is always the 2nd sat in July and is held in the little town of Sisters in the mountains of central Oregon. There are quilts literally hung outside all over town. They are hung from sides of buildings and is a site to see! The week leading up to the show has wonderful classes, all sponsored by the Stitching Post quilt shop. It is fabulous and many quilters go for the week, get a vacation rental and quilt all week.
http://http://sistersoutdoorquiltshow.org/

Altairss
June 30th, 2015, 12:59 PM
I so want to go to Sisters, my sister keeps inviting me but it always lands on a weekend that we have a planned family thing here and I can't do both though I want to,.