PDA

View Full Version : Monday

Blondie
June 29th, 2015, 07:40 AM

Hello Folksies
It's Monday, June is almost gone and when I think of June, I always think of the half year mark which means not only are we half way through the year, it is almost Christmas. Feel free to throw old fruit and slimy veggies at me. And money. hahaha and a lol. To say that this year has not been my most favorite one so far is truly an understatement. I am trying to remember it but it is flying so F A S T I am wondering how to catch the wind! I feel certain I am not the only one who feels this way?

I also want to once again say thank you to each who offered extra prayers for my church family.

So, I have much catching up to do in the house and sewing room dept. Not much accomplished last week, obviously. But I did get enough done to be able to sit in there and start crocheting on a plant hanger for the window. I don't know how long that little project will take me - I am really wanting a macramé one like I used to make years and eons ago - remember those? I just don't have the boards, t pins etc or gray matter to do those again.

Going to be spending the morning with Sis to enjoy the lack of humidity before it returns. I may even spike my coffee with a flavored creamer! huzzah! Enjoy the day, be nice to someone you would like to slap in the face, and then laugh laugh laugh. Blessings to all. Special prayers as well.

Monique
June 29th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Good morning Blondie. I was waiting for you before I have to leave for work. YES, that dirty 4 letter word. The repair man is coming this morning to fix the safe. Let's hope everything goes smoothly today.

I did not do much in the sewing room this weekend. I did manage to have a 3 hour nap yesterday. HOW did that happen? I think I need to talk to the doctor about these long naps. Maybe thyroid needs to be checked again. ANYWHO, have a great day everyone.

Bubby
June 29th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Morning Everyone,

Yes, this year is flying by too fast to catch it. Remember when we were kids and time seemed to stand still?

We had a whopper of a storm last night. Tornadoes were spotted but we were just fine. I hadn't slept the night before so I snoozed pretty much through the whole thing.

This afternoon Jeff will see the hip surgeon for the last time. The doctor is leaving the area, so Jeff will have to find a new ortho surgeon for the other hip.

I'm off to get something to eat. Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday.

Lori63
June 29th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Good Morning!

I'm back after my long weekend out of town for a wedding. I made over 30 satin table runners for the reception and if I do say so myself, they looked great! It was a beautiful wedding and went off without a hitch. I was the "wedding coordinator" so I think I did my job well. I was very happy to help out, but I must say I am happy the weekend is over...I was exhausted last night. And it's back to work today.

No sewing this weekend, but I did get to crochet a little last night.

Hope everyone has a great day!

MRoy
June 29th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Good morning! DH and I went fishing on the lake both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. I'd lost my land legs last night but I'm better this morning. At least, the floor doesn't seem to be swaying.

Barb, I'm glad the storms passed you by. We've got at least a 50% chance of thunderstorms predicted every day through Friday.

Guild sit-n-sew starts at 11 today. I get to pass off the raffle quilt to the person who's going to bind it. Now to get the grandson's quilt finished before he arrives in July. I'm whittling down my sewing/quilting to-do list.

irishrn
June 29th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Morning all!! It is sunny and cool here this morning and I'm loving it. It won't last but it is a small reminder of the fall to come! Heat/ humidity will be arriving along with company tomorrow, but in the meantime I have a lot to do!!

Sometime during the night I must have passed the salivary stone so I am good to go this morning! Swelling and pain are gone and I can turn my head without wincing! Yesterday had unplanned trip to Lowes to buy a new dryer. The old one just died! Up and died Sunday morning after I added a load of clothes. Not my idea of fun. New one will be here a week from tomorrow at the latest!! In the meantime....... I'll have to figure it out!!

Have things to get done today. Some last minute cleaning and finish up the guest room and upstairs bathroom.
Finally got all of DH's clothes put away into 6 large Rubbermaid containers. Since he won't get rid of any of it, it is sorted, washed and labeled to go in the attic. BTW I have 2 containers, all of winter stuff! He still has 3 boxes of "stuff" he must keep to sort thru. He says he will do it but I'm not holding my breath!!

I hope all have a sunny cool delightful day ahead of them. No more storms/ tornado warnings/ flooding etc. we've all had enough of that this past week!!

Amy R
June 29th, 2015, 08:32 AM
It's a steady pouring rain so far this morning. My scraped garage is mocking me waiting for its paint, but another week of rain is called for. I managed to weed my flower bed and put leftover 12x12 bricks as kind of a runner across it. Looks awesome!
One of the steps helped me work for a little bit, which was nice. Of course sophie is always ready to work but I just wanted her to be a kid yesterday.

I started hand quilting my hole in the wall quilt I'm calling "Birthday Surprise", looking forward to snuggling under it.

Hope everyone has a good day :)

Ginny B
June 29th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Good Morning. Monday is here again. Looking forward to a more peaceful week at work this week -- and it will be a short one too since Friday is the holiday. Woo Hoo! Three day weekend!

Running a bit behind this morning so that's it for now. Have a great day all.

Cathy F
June 29th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Morning all
Just a quick hello to everyone as we are getting ready to meet our Monday morning group of friends for breakfast

Looks to be a nice day weather wise so I'll be out running some errands this morning too. Hope to get by a quilt store to get a licence plate. Have not been to this store yet .

Wishing all a good day!

songbird857
June 29th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Good morning -
Quick hello this morning, as I'm on my way out the door to pick up FIL - my sister in law took him Saturday night, so that we could enjoy my parents' anniversary party yesterday without any responsibility in that department :) The party was a success - my sister did a smash up job coordinating everything! It was great to visit with my sisters, and see my nieces and nephews (and a coupla grand nieces and nephews...)
My parents adored the quilt, and they received a few other really thoughtful gifts as well. My daughter and I sang two songs for them, which brought tears to my mom's eyes - it was a good day.
Gotta run - hope everyone has a fabulous day today...

Juliet Taylor
June 29th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Happy Monday to everyone! Mine is amazing, I'm thrilled to say that today arrived home a gift hubby got me for our anniversary and it is amazing! He got me a tablet! How incredibly useful! I have been using his a little and I loved it! Now I have one for me! He is the best! I am typing on it right now :-)

Sandy Navas
June 29th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Looks as if we have a few friends up and at'em. Today the sun is shining (again). Yesterday morning it looked as if we had a bright and sunny day ahead of us but in a matter of minutes the wind picked up, the skies grayed and the rain came down. Made us change plans real quick. I got to play with fabric for a while and Al finished quilting my red and white quilt. This morning he's off to the vet with our DeeOGee to check how the steroid treatment is working on his lymphoma. Meanwhile I sit and wait for the pool boy to show up. He did promise last night that he'd be here. And, my teenager weed puller is supposed to be back this morning to work in the front. Hoping Al can continue with spraying the deck.

Amy R
June 29th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Sandy, hope the steroids are helping!! *hugs*

Simply Quilting
June 29th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Good Morning! I've been awake since before 5AM. I kept hoping that I would fall back to sleep for a little bit before the alarm went off at 6AM but I didn't. I've been working on prepping the master bedroom and master bath to be painted later today. I packed up the china hutch. I have no idea how things in an enclosed glass cabinet can get so dusty.

I have taken a little break to visit the forum and now it is time to get back to work.

Have a great day everyone :)

Sylvia H
June 29th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone! Windows opened and breezes blowing again this morning. How long can I keep those windows opened today?

Oh Blondie! Yes, I do remember those macramé hangers! As for time running by so fast – when you are 3 years old, one year is 1/3 of your life. When you are almost 70 years old *cough*me*cough*, a year is 1/70 of your life!
Eileen – glad to hear you are no longer suffering from that salivary stone. Don’t get too tired today that you don’t enjoy your company tomorrow.
Juliet – that was a thoughtful anniversary gift!

No going to work for me, but I find it funny that even though I have been retired for almost 5 years, I still run part of my life on a work week schedule. Chores for today will include getting rid of old stuff in the refrigerator, and doing a sweep through the house to see if there is anything that should be thrown away - all for trash and garbage pick up tomorrow morning.

I found a great fabric for the backing of my Friendship Quilt, so I will be piecing that later today, and start the basting process. If my back doesn't give out, I should be able to finish the basting today. If not - then I'll take some time to decide what my next project will be, and perhaps even start cutting some fabric. I'm torn between a bargello wall hanging for the living room (my first), and a Hanukkah wall hanging for my step-grandaughter.

JCY
June 29th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Happy Monday! Sunny in Colorado. Had a brief thunderstorm yest. p.m. w/sprinkles that didn't amount to much, but at least it cooled things off a bit. It has been 96 deg. the past 2 days. We're into the hot part of the summer. I have 1 load of laundry done. I plan to get outside & pull some weeds & trim back some perennials that are ready to go to seed all over. (Jupiter's Beard) Hope to get them into the toter before the garbage truck comes by.

DH is undergoing a test to evaluate his swallowing tomorrow & is scheduled for an Upper G.I. Series on Thurs. He had a CT scan of his abdomen & pelvis on Fri. to see if we can get to the bottom of what's making him feel ill. He's had chronic health problems for several years, but seems to be getting weaker & having more problems. Here's hoping the drs. can figure something out soon.

Everyone have a good week.

toggpine
June 29th, 2015, 12:10 PM
The coffee maker is broken! While I'll miss not having my first cup lazing about in the pot waiting for me, I'm more concerned about Hubby's co-workers. I'm pretty sure they are going to be in dire straights dealing with a decaffeinated Eric. I guess I'm headed to the store to buy a new one, since the French Press will make a few cups, but not fill the thermos for the trip to work.

Thanks for the reminder about the garbage. Today is recycle day, and I nearly forgot to run the stuff out to the road!

Off to deal with brewing some coffee and getting into the garden before it heats up out there!
Hugs, C

ravelim
June 29th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Good Morning!

I'm back after my long weekend out of town for a wedding. I made over 30 satin table runners for the reception and if I do say so myself, they looked great! It was a beautiful wedding and went off without a hitch. I was the "wedding coordinator" so I think I did my job well. I was very happy to help out, but I must say I am happy the weekend is over...I was exhausted last night. And it's back to work today.

No sewing this weekend, but I did get to crochet a little last night.

Hope everyone has a great day!

What did toppers look like.

Claire Hallman
June 29th, 2015, 01:18 PM
It is a beautiful day here today, only 88 predicted and the sun is out with the birds singing. Love it even if June is almost over.
I have been to zumba, pulled some weeds in a front bed and said something to DH about the other bed being his. He is out there now pulling weeds.:icon_happy: Kind of a shock.
I heard from DS and his eye is better from having DGD poke him accidently and scratch his cornea.
When I get enough coffee down I am headed to the shower then to my workroom to do some more FMQ. I think I have decided how to FMQ those Indian Summer triangles. I am thinking about an orange peel up the side of one row then back down. Hope it works like it works in my mind. :o