PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Campbell Alzheimer's CNN special

bajasadie
June 29th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Hi, there was a special on CNN, our family is living AD w/ my dad right now. We've been told he's in the last stages. Everything Glenn Campbell goes thru is familiar to us. Very touching film, it's such a debilitating, sad disease. If you have it in your family I'll say extra prayers for you. What an amazing musician & person Glenn Campbell is.

Lightwriter
June 29th, 2015, 12:37 AM
DH's cousin had it 16 years before he died. He was pretty much uncommunicative for last three years. His wife took care of him AT HOME with the help of a live in aide to move him, etc. I respect her greatly as she sacrificed her own health for his care. Just sad all the way around.

stationarymom
June 29th, 2015, 02:20 AM
My gm had it before I was old enough to get to know her as an adult person.I took care of my gm when she was in a nursing home and she never had any idea who I was.My dd would visit her every week and bring her ice cream but she didn't know him either,for years before she died.

rebeccas-sewing
June 29th, 2015, 03:08 AM
My mom developed dementia. It's so hard watching this happen to our loved ones. People are impressed she lived to nine-one but I wouldn't really say living is the right word to use for her situation the last five years or so of her life.

geegeequilts
June 29th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I watched this also & cried all the way thru. My Mom had Alzheimer's & died 4 years ago this coming July 11. Hard, sad ? Can't be measured how awful it was. Really pi**ed me off when the special showed Glen & his wife talking to Pelosi & the other nitwit. Cut the salary for the way overpaid politicians, ballplayers, quit paying the outrageous actors & use the $$ to fund Alzheimer's, cancer, etc. Cos guess what nobody is totally immune to everything. Sorry about getting a little ticked. Alzheimer's is the biggest thing that scares the absolute bejeebers out of me. I miss my Mom so very much.

Gina
P.S. It is not pronounced ALLTIMERS. Wish folks would get that.

SewnByBee
June 29th, 2015, 02:12 PM
I love Glenn Campbell. So talented and brave to stare Alzheimer's in the face,and give it a left hook, by continuiner performing.One
way to be himself. Loved it.
He has put a face on this disease.I hope will help bring the much needed

Prayers for all who is touched by Alzheimer's. My grandma (who I never knew ) died when she was like in her 40s, with it.
Now my friends mother is too, so many, Just can't help but worrie a bit ,you know.