PDA

View Full Version : For Every Bad....There is a Good

Racing Nana
June 27th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I am a half-cup full kinda person, but sometimes it's hard to stay positive when your kids get hit hard with something out of their control.

My DD with 3 children finally had to make the decision and have her significant other leave. His decisions constantly put the family in financial jeopardy and he didn't really want to participate in being a parent/partner/responsible adult. THE BAD...

So he left and my DD's landlord came over and told my DD that anything she needed, they would be there for her. The next morning (less than 12 hours) the landlord comes over and hands her and my 3 grandbabies an eviction notice. THE BAD...

Where we live the rental rates are at 0% and I mean ZERO. She was faced with being homeless. THE BAD...

So, my husband and I just put an accepted offer on a townhouse for them so they will NEVER EVER have to worry about this again. THE GOOD...

We now have the home inspection and other hoops to jump through to finalize this, but maybe my DD will be able to finally sleep at night and I will know that my kids are safe and have a home. THE GOOD...

I normally don't cry, as I look at it as "if it's important enough to cry over, it's important enough to fix" Well I spent a few minutes crying and then just GOT 'ER DONE.

Let's see what the next few days bring. Please keep all your fingers crossed for me that the rest of the sale goes smoothly.

alliek
June 27th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Praying for the 'THE BEST" outcome for you DD and children. To put your head to rest in your home,knowing it is a safe place you can come to is a basic necessity for everyone. God Bless you in this pursuit for a home for your DD and her children.

EsGrandma
June 27th, 2015, 12:21 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you, your DD and those precious grandbabies. They are so blessed to have your calm in the midst of the chaos - You are a GOOD person. Enjoy your new home and the peace that you have been denied for so long. Please know that we are with you in spirit.

Doloris
June 27th, 2015, 12:33 PM
what were the reasons for the eviction notice. That seems odd that he would sound supportive and then hit her with that.

So nice that you are able to help her get back on her feet and move on with life. We never stop worrying about our children no matter how old they are and will do everything in our power to help them when they need it.

Hulamoon
June 27th, 2015, 12:50 PM
I'm wondering along with Dolores why the quick change of heart?That's really mean. I'm wishing you and your dd all the good from now on.

Monique
June 27th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Prayers that it all goes smoothly for you and the family.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 27th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Hoping for the best for all. I had to do that for my youngest when "Mr. Wonderful" left her holding the financial bag, then left completely. It did work out OK.

bec
June 27th, 2015, 02:39 PM
I hope everything goes well for all of you. Glad you were there to help.

Bubby
June 27th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I'm praying for the Best for you and your family.

Suzette
June 27th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Nothing beats family looking out for one another! :icon_bigsmile:

Keeping all of you lifted in prayer. God bless!

Racing Nana
June 27th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Where we live, single parents...that are employed...have access to a "rental subsidy". They are helped out with their rent.

The landlords need to fill out a form to confirm the applicant lives there and what the monthly rent is.

These people knew that they weren't supposed to be renting the extra house on their property to anyone that wasn't family.
My daughter had been there for 2 years and new nothing of this until the eviction.

The landlords decided that they didn't want to get caught doing what they did, so the easiest way to avoid this was to evict her and tell her that their parents were moving in. (it's also hard to evict someone here, but using their family moving in is perfectly legal, even if that's not what they are going to do)

The landlords are strong church-going people. Maybe they shouldn't have broken the law in the first place in persuit of the all mighty dollar. My DD was basically paying most of their mortgage.
And maybe they should have paid more attention to the sermons and bible. So hypocritical. But I guess all kinds of people go to worship, including them. (sorry my rant - going to church doesn't make you a decent or spiritual person.)

Vonnie
June 27th, 2015, 04:45 PM
The bad - the landlord
The good - you and your husband.

Your daughter is so fortunate to have family like you.

DramaMama
June 27th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Ohhh ... that was bad of the landlord, and I mean ROTTEN BAD!

I know it is hard in the middle of chaos and crisis, but I have experienced and have witnessed so many silver linings in life. I hope life settles back into some comfort, joy, peace, safety, and contentment for your dd.

I will put your DD, children, and you and your husband in my prayers.

Racing Nana
June 27th, 2015, 08:31 PM
The generous and supportive group of people on this forum is my life line everyday.

Thank you all soooo much.

Hopefully I can share my tears of joy and relief with you all in the next few weeks.

Heather
June 28th, 2015, 12:09 AM
How amazing that you are able to help her with her living situation, that's got to be such a burden lifted off her mind. Best of luck to all of you.

stationarymom
June 28th, 2015, 01:47 AM
I will also remember your family in my prayers,I hope everything turns out for the best.Your DD and Gc are very lucky they have such a supportive family.

IBake
June 28th, 2015, 03:39 AM
Remember, what goes around comes around....God will see to their punishment, one way or another.

Your daughter is lucky on so many fronts. Rotten hubby is gone...you are her dad are there to protect and guide herShe will be able to sleep and recover and grow with your guidance.

Bless you and your family and you will be in my prayers.....

Simply Quilting
June 28th, 2015, 07:58 PM
I am so glad that you are able to step in and help her and the children out.

Preeti
June 28th, 2015, 11:09 PM
Sending hugs and good wishes to you and your family