PDA

View Full Version : Who takes a 16 month old to WH @ 4:30AM?

HandsomeRyan
June 27th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Apparently, me.

Wiggles woke up early and refused to go back to sleep so we had a father/son outing to get waffles from the Waffle House at 4:30 this morning. He enjoyed his food and he was a big hit with the waitresses and other patrons.

I love that little guy!

Granny Fran
June 27th, 2015, 09:48 AM
Ryan, you are such a great dad. your little girl will be spoiled as well....I can see into the future. lol

DeniseSm
June 27th, 2015, 09:50 AM
What a cutie pie.

Sandy Navas
June 27th, 2015, 09:50 AM
When a boy needs waffles, he simply needs waffles. Great good interpreting, Dad.

BTW what does Wiggles say these days? Is he a great talker or a much better thinker? Curious minds need to know.

HandsomeRyan
June 27th, 2015, 09:55 AM
When a boy needs waffles, he simply needs waffles. Great good interpreting, Dad.

BTW what does Wiggles say these days? Is he a great talker or a much better thinker? Curious minds need to know.

Mostly just baby babble [literally "goo-goo gaa-gaa"] but if I ask him "what does a dog say?" he can say "woof woof" or for a cow he can "moo". He also knows [big] ball, tractor, and belly. He just had tubes put in his ears because he has had 7 ear infections in 16 months. Now that we are getting the fluid off his ears we hope he can hear better and should start speaking better too.

ilive2craft2
June 27th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Looks like it was a good time. Sometimes when they are awake that early and won't go back down easy, it is best to just get on with your day. WH looks like it was a good choice. I see a nap in your future!

bhaggerty
June 27th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me!!

bec
June 27th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Looks like fun! Wiggles might decide it pays off to get up early! LOL

Vonnie
June 27th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Mostly just baby babble [literally "goo-goo gaa-gaa"] but if I ask him "what does a dog say?" he can say "woof woof" or for a cow he can "moo". He also knows [big] ball, tractor, and belly. He just had tubes put in his ears because he has had 7 ear infections in 16 months. Now that we are getting the fluid off his ears we hope he can hear better and should start speaking better too.

Our oldest boy had to have tubes at 2 1/2. The doctor said it was like trying to hear under water - everything is distorted. His speech improved dramatically after that but he did need speech therapy because he was having trouble with words ending in "rd" like bird.

Handsome little fella! You might find yourself doing this more often after the baby is born and he's feeling neglected. Special father son time.

Doloris
June 27th, 2015, 10:28 AM
went the route of tubes here too. first set fell out too soon, and then had tonsils and adenoids removed, second set inserted, and all has been great since. He was 4 then, will be 40 July 4th. Second set stayed in as long as needed and then came out on their own.

Wiggles is waaayyy to cute and no one should know what 4:30 AM looks like!!!

Eriepatch
June 27th, 2015, 10:30 AM
It is so great that you take the time to post here to let us know how things are going with your lovely family.
If there were a contest I'm sure you would win as "Best Father Ever" and Wiggles as "Cutest Son Ever"

easyquilts
June 27th, 2015, 10:35 AM
What a great picture! You are such a good dad.... Your kids will have awesome memories...

Waffles at 4:30am? Why not?

ceiliam
June 27th, 2015, 10:59 AM
What a cutie what a great dad, what great. Memories

Mom23
June 27th, 2015, 11:21 AM
He is getting to be such a big boy! You are such a good daddy, and husband to Tabitha. I'm sure she appreciated a little more sleep time this morning. I'm so glad you keep us updated on what Sawyer is doing, and show us pictures of the two of you. Did you ever find a place to set up your machine and sew?

alliek
June 27th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Your boy is just a cutie! I bet he was a hit with the staff at that hour of the morning, a refreshing change. You are an awesome dad. I just hope this doesn't become a habit!

HandsomeRyan
June 27th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Did you ever find a place to set up your machine and sew?

Sort of.

I took my small machine, a folding table, an ironing pad, and my iron to work one morning and set up in our shop (I work grounds and we have a mechanic shop to keep all the mowers and stuff running. It worked but it was a lot of stuff to move for 45 minutes of sewing. Still looking for a better place but been so busy I haven't really been actively looking. I'm making quilted rag letters for Sawyer so we can start working on alphabet. I got A through F sewn so far.

lauratreky@comcast.net
June 27th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Oh my gosh you two are so precious! Wiggles is growing so quickly-enjoy these moments as they come because time really does fly!

DramaMama
June 27th, 2015, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=HandsomeRyan;756828]Wiggles woke up early and refused to go back to sleep so we had a father/son outing to get waffles from the Waffle House at 4:30 this morning.

Hmmm . . . better watch out -- he may make this a habit! Who wouldn't wake up early to have WAFFLES at 4:30 a.m.?

:icon_bigsmile:

Racing Nana
June 27th, 2015, 08:32 PM
Wiggles and Waffles......sounds like a winning combo.
You go DAD!!!

Yanna
June 27th, 2015, 08:33 PM
What a beautiful baby. Enjoy you early morning time together. They grow up way to fast.

Grandma G
June 27th, 2015, 08:39 PM

My youngest granddaughter had that type of ear problems and finally resorted to tubes in her ears. This resulted in her not learning to talk correctly until she was nearly three. Now she speaks loud and clear and you have to call "time" in order to get a word in edgewise. lol

K. McEuen
June 27th, 2015, 08:58 PM
Sawyer just gets cuter and cuter as he gets older.

Leslie333
June 27th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Your son is adorable and you are a great dad for taking him to WH at that time of day! Enjoy these times, even if they are early, because they grow up oh so fast.

stationarymom
June 28th, 2015, 02:08 AM
He's adorable! We had to do tubes for my daughter also but not until she was 9.I thought I noticed she wasn't hearing as well as usual so I asked her teacher the same thing and she told me she had to move her seat in the class.Took her for a hearing test and she had lost 50% of her hearing in one ear.They did her tubes no problem until they came out ,one ear did not heal all the way so they had to do a small surgery where they took some fat out of her earlobe and put it in the hole in her eardrum.Everything healed fine.

IBake
June 28th, 2015, 03:13 AM
My youngest son was our ear infection kid...stRted at 5 month and went non stop until he was a year old. That was the first of the 4 sets. It will help with the volume of his voice and with his speech pronunciation. We found that the tubes were a great help..and the second and third and forth sets helped also! We were one of those families where we had fluid behind his ear drums that would not clear up! I hope that Wiggles does well with them. They are a wonderful help for little ones. l

rebeccas-sewing
June 28th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Best Dad ever!

bajasadie
June 28th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Hey waffles at 4:30 sounds like an adventure! For sure he will nap, hope you are able to do the same ;)

SallyO'Sews
June 28th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Ryan, you are the best. dad. ever. I know Tabatha tells you that all the time, but I just want you to know I agree with her. Blessings on both of you (and Mr. Wiggles, of course!).

Andrea F
June 29th, 2015, 03:47 AM
You two always make me smile. You're an amazing dad!

We had the tube thing going on here, too. Both boys had them. The tubes DS2 had fell out too early, too, and he had to have permanent tubes. They were removed at some point and all was well then. After being able to hear correctly, DS2 started talking very quickly.