PDA

View Full Version : Friday

Monique
June 26th, 2015, 07:43 AM
I can't believe it's here again so soon. Sheesh. I am sure Blondie will be here shortly.

I spent the day with another friend, buying stuff I really did not need. LOL!! But we had a fun day.

Off to work shortly. No internet there thank goodness, I would not get any work done.

Have a great day friends.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 26th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Hello, we are having lots of icky weather here, mostly heavy rain, not winds. The grandkids and I did take advantage of a beautiful afternoon yesterday to spend time in the local pool, then the thunderstorms blew in and it has been raining ever since.. Lots of flooding in low areas. Some are getting their cubit rulers out and starting to measure wood!

Hopefully I'll be able to get some sewing going today. Have a lot of potential projects waiting in the wings for my attention

Have a good day!

Ginny B
June 26th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy Friday. Jean, looks like we are going to have some of that rain headed our way for the weekend. Other than dinner with a friend on Saturday evening, we have no definite plans so I am hoping that will translate to a bunch of sewing time.

Hopefully the day at work will be not as annoying as the rest of this week has been. It's a 4 o'clock close and there is a farewell get-together for a co-worker from my former department at 3 o'clock so the day will be shortened. Less time for being annoyed.

Have a great Friday all.

irishrn
June 26th, 2015, 08:17 AM
Morning all. We has T storms last night but not a lot of rain. Lots of lightning and thunder sending the dog into his panic attack. I slipped on his tight winter sweater when I realized it was going to storm and it did help him a bit, but he still hid behind the bed!
DH basically slept the afternoon away after coming home from MD appt. When he woke up for dinner he ate and went right back to sleep. When he woke up again at 10 pm he insisted it was 10 am the next morning and wanted breakfast. He was up all night and so was I keeping an eye on him! I did dose off when he was watching TV but it wasn't a good sleep!
Today will be more laundry and prep of house for upcoming company. Slowly getting all of DH's stuff put away! It's everywhere!!!
It's gonna be a long weekend at this rate!
Hope all have a good Friday and stay safe with this weird weather!

Sandy Navas
June 26th, 2015, 09:21 AM

Just simply rubbing it in!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day - because I know I'm going to!!

songbird857
June 26th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Good Morning!
I'm so happy to have finished my quilt yesterday - nothing looming over my head before Sunday. Now I just need to figure out how much stuff to buy for a cold cut platter for 30 people! (any suggestions would be welcome...)
My daughter and I are putting together a few Broadway songs for my parents - they fostered an insane love for musical theatre in me, and that has definitely been passed on to my mini me - last night we were working on 'Gravity' from Wicked, and 'If I Loved You' from Carousel. I adore singing with my daughter, our voices are almost identical from that wonderful God given DNA! She's got a beautiful soprano, and her belting abilities have matured quite nicely ;) We'll hash out the final selections today and tomorrow - they don't necessarily have to be 'love' songs, because my parents love all things Broadway. (don't think we'll do any Les Mis though.... beautiful but soooo sad!)
I'm going to pop into the library this morning to show my quilt to the knitting group - great supportive bunch of ladies, no matter what the project happens to be...
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend :)

SewnByBee
June 26th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Hi there, TGIF !!!
we like to pick a couple of meats from the delli , sometimes they have treys already cut and ready, We add cheeses, some olives, and crackers.
I know what for that many, you might see about a whole piece and have them, cut it for you . check cost , I would. They sell it by the lb. Hope this helps.

Yanna
June 26th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Morning everyone. Will be working on DIL's quilt today and a little housework in between. :) Expecting rain again today. Hope you all have a good day.

WendyI
June 26th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Today is my last day of work before two blissful weeks of vacation! Can't wait! Sadly we are supposed to be getting a LOT of rain...I despise driving long distances in the rain so that's gonna stink. I don't care though...at least I won't be at work!

Taking Cricket tonight to her sitters ...a friend is coming to help me deliver her in his SUV because her cage won't fit in my car...I MISS MY TRUCK!! waaaahhhh!!!

Then home to pack up the car, buy some groceries and head out in the morning! Will try and pop in before I go but if not see you at some point when I'm in the Maritimes!

Thinking of those in need and sending lots of warm love your way! xox

easyquilts
June 26th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Today is Alex's birthday! A lex is my DD's second of four boys.... He turns fourteen today.

Alex has Asperger's, and was always special to his grandfather.... They had a special bond.

So.... Later on, we?'ll be gathering for ice cream and cake, to celebrate Alex's special day.... I' looking forward to it...

I hope to see some today.... I'd love to go to the Fabric Shavk, but there won't be time for that.... Maybe tomorrow. I want to buy some Civil War fabrics, for the Four Patch Frenzy quilt I am making for my don... I need some purple and red...maybe a little green, too.

Time to get crackin'!

Wishing everyone a great weekend...

Mom23
June 26th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Good Morning,

It's another rainy day here. As of 7:00 this morning we had just a little over 10 inches of rain in the month of June. I am so glad I mowed what I could last night. It will be awhile before I can get to some areas and by then I will need to bale the grass.

I'm taking another quilt to the LAQ today. At this time I think I have 5 quilts at 4 different quilters. They take so long to get back I've really kind of lost track. As I type this I'm sitting in my clean, reorganized sewing room and I'm not in any hurry to start any new projects. We have a busy weekend planned so I think it will stay clean at least until Monday.

Everybody have a wonderful weekend!

ceiliam
June 26th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Beautiful sunny...HOT HOT day. Very got an appt with heart dr this am, running. A couple errands with sister, then lunch then back home to quilt a quilt . its for my bil family reunion they raffle stuff off to help in getting family cabin done. Quilts bring the most money so it helps him,.
Wendy have a great vacation, hope all have a great day Prayers and hugs to all who need them . cecelia