PDA

View Full Version : Question about sending phone photos to my email

quiltingtrish
June 25th, 2015, 11:24 PM
I have always been able to send the photos I take on my Android phone to my email. From there I put them on a thumbdrive, take the thumbdrive to the store and get hard copies made for my album.
This past week, the photos won't send to my email. My son said perhaps I had too many photos on my phone, so I deleted lots - not important ones as there were lots of duplicates of the animals trying to get decent photos of them. The photos I do try to send still won't send. Anyway, anyone have an idea I could try maybe?
I'm about ready to take this knucklehead of a phone to the Verizon store and see what the problem is.

Ahamblin
June 26th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Make sure your wifi and mobile data are turned on. I can also connect my phone directly to my pc with the power cord (using the usb portion of the cord) and download that way.

SF Jen
June 26th, 2015, 01:40 AM
Yes, it may be that you're not sending a photo to "the cloud" because of wi-fi problems. Want to sent a test photo to me, and I'll try and save it for you and send it back?

SF Jen

quiltingtrish
June 26th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Ann - I'll try that idea.
Jen - I can't even send a photo from my phone to a friend. So I will check the wifi and data connections too. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sandy Navas
June 26th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Trish, I recently had some 'unsolicited' upgrades on my Android (does anyone else HATE that?) and now I have to jump through hoops to e-mail my photos. There is a share button and then a bunch of icons pop up and if I scroll to the bottom of them the e-mail logo is there . . . don't know if that makes sense or not and don't have any idea if that will help you or not. Technology!! Wait, I still have a few pencils and some paper.

KathyCrofoot
June 26th, 2015, 09:48 AM
I use the Dropbox app on my phone to automatically send my photos to the dropbox which is on my desktop when connected to wi-fi. No emailing involved. PM me if you want to try it out - you get a bunch of storage for free (it used to be 2 GB then when you refer people you'd get more, but I don't know what it is now). I have the upgraded version so I can't see what the free version is any more.

WendyI
June 26th, 2015, 11:06 AM
If all else fails reboot. I completely shut down my phone at least twice a week to give it a 'refresh' when it starts misbehaving. I love how every time Apple introduces a new version of their phone, their old ones start acting up and misbehaving! Coincidence? I think not! Unsolicited random upgrades are really annoying! At least Apple doesn't do that. My next phone will likely be an android I think. Good luck..hope these suggestions work!

quiltingtrish
June 26th, 2015, 12:32 PM
I did connect my phone directly to the computer and somehow figured out how to get them all on my thumbdrive. Now I am going to go through all the steps again and write it down - haha.
Thank you all for your suggestions, I printed them out so I can find it again. I'll holler if I need to try any of your ideas.

Musical_Starling
June 27th, 2015, 02:05 AM
I second Dropbox for anyone looking for a similar solution with Android. I have an account that is linked to my desktop, laptop, tablet and phone and can transfer photos (or pdfs or whatever) between all four seamlessly. When you install the app, it adds a little button to your Gallery menu (or Picasa too I think) and you can just upload it directly from there, and then download it wherever you want. It's awesome :)