PDA

View Full Version : Buyers Remorse!

Divine Daisy
October 15th, 2011, 10:16 PM
well not really.......ok maybe, yes a bit!

Today I bought a new machine, a Janome Memory Craft 7700QCP. I am so excited for it to arrive on tuesday but...........oh my. I have never spent that kind of money on myself! My husband was watching me quilt last week, drinking coffee and chatting while I wrestled with a King Sized quilt on my old machine and he suddenly said.......... isnt there a machine with a bigger hole to get that lot through? ( Bless him he doesnt know the tech words) I said, well there are but i think the biggest throat is 11inches......otherwise you have to get a free arm thing.( i am not good with the tech stuff either lol)

Anyway he wandered off as is his want lol and when i came out from under my quilt i found him on the internet looking at machines. Long longgggg story short he persuaded me to look seriously at a new machine.

I am hoping i made the right choice, am nervous in case i didnt. I went expecting to get a pffaf but the chap at the shop said they are now made in china and arent as robust. Certainly it was a lot noisier and not as smooth. I liked the start stop button on the Janome, partly because my ankle aches with the peddle sinse i sprained it. Overall the Janome won out.....lord i hope i did right.

ok ok i know i am rambling, but i really am nervous about this.......and i am not noted for being nervous lol. Could be that i am also worried about Heather (daughter) who is working in Ghana. I have had no word for 4 days. Is a dangerous place...............

2 am, need to switch off my mind and sleep lol either that or pull and all nighter at the sewing machine..........hm choices choices

Genny
October 15th, 2011, 11:41 PM
First off, I hope you hear from your daughter real soon, I can only imagine how worried your are. I'm sure everything is ok and that she'll be home soon.

About the machine, Congratulations on your new Janome. I'm not sure what the 7700QPC is but anything Janome is great in my opinion. My first machine was a Janome, I have a Singer now and its a great machine too, but my heart still aches for a Janome.

Genny
October 15th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Oh I just watched some videos on utube on this machine and I think you've made a great choice in machines!

bec
October 15th, 2011, 11:56 PM
I just took a peek at your machine on the Janome website and it looks wonderful! I know you're gonna love it.

Sending a prayer that your daughter is safe and that you hear from her soon. Please let us know when you do.

rebeccas-sewing
October 16th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Good grief, woman! A husband encouraging his wife to spend money is not something one experiences very often. Sometimes we have to make a move and not look back. Looks like a fantastic machine! I'm a Janome owner and lover so I can truly give a thumbs up. Relax and enjoy your new toy when it arrives. I hope your daugther will be able to contact you soon. I'm sure the wait is extraordinarily difficult.

debinmalaga
October 16th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Daisy, I know that sinking feeling of buyer's remorse, and I guess it's natural to experience it when we spend a lot ---- that said, ENJOY your new toy. I'm sure once you get it and get to know it you'll laugh about how feel now.

I don't blame you for being anxious about your daughter, it's so hard when our kids are in harm's way. Hang in there.

meemeecyn
October 16th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Thinking of you as you think of (worry about) you daughter. Can not imagine how tough that must be.

Congrats on your new machine! Can not wait to hear how you like it. I have a basic Janome model and when it is time to trade up, I will get another Janome, so am anxious to hear if that model is working out for you.

Happy Sewing!
Cynthia

Bubby
October 16th, 2011, 02:28 AM
His Miss Daisy..What a lucky girl to get a new machine and what a wonderful husband!

I believe you will be thrilled with your new machine. I sew on an 18-year-old New Home Memory Craft 4000 and it runs like a gem and has never needed a repair. It's electronic and all that and I love it. New Home was bought out my Janome and their machines keep getting better and better. Hugs, Barb

janluna
October 16th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Congratulations on your new machine. It must be a great machine as Jenny sews on one.
As for you Daughter, I will pray for her safety and pray she comes home soon. Hugs, Jan

a1angiem
October 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM
a) prayers for your daughter
b) wow, that is a wonderful machine...L-U-C-K-Y YOU!!!!!!
c) super wow! nice hubby!!!!!!
Have fun and just enjoy it!!!!!!! I'm very envious!

Sandy Navas
October 16th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Daisy, Daisy - for someone who doesn't stress out and get anxious you sure are stressed and anxious. Take a deep breath. Your daughter will call and your new machine will be PERFECT! Hug that dear man to whom you are wed and enjoy the fruits of his labor.

quiltingtrish
October 16th, 2011, 11:54 AM
What a great buy - enjoy it!
Prayers coming for your daughter - I can hear the worry in your typing. Please let us know when you hear from her.

Hugs,

middlesis1966
October 16th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Enjoy your new machine! Im sure your gonna love it.
Prayers for you and your daughter. I pray she is safe and you hear word soon!

Divine Daisy
October 16th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Daisy, Daisy - for someone who doesn't stress out and get anxious you sure are stressed and anxious. Take a deep breath. Your daughter will call and your new machine will be PERFECT! Hug that dear man to whom you are wed and enjoy the fruits of his labor.

lol Sandy! i do love you! when i saw Daisy Daisy i expected...give me your answer do lol

You are right i am stressed and anxious about my new machine but i will get over it when it arrives i am sure. Still no word from Heather but i am looking at it as no news s good news. Last year, when a colleague of hers was taken by 'bandits' the company knew before it became public and the family were taken care of. Sadly it is a very dangerous part of the world and bandits dont care that they are there to build facilities that will help their country. Heather is a very caring girl who spent a year post graduation in africa building wells for women. When she was a child she said that she would do that once she was an engineer and she did. She is a geotechnic engineer and she could make a lot of money, instead she spend 40% of her time running projects in the third world to improve quality of life. Anyway, i am sure she is ok and unless i hear otherwise i am going to try not to worry.

i have hugged my lovely man often sinse he talked me into buying this machine lol. It will be the fruits of my labour, not his lol, except that he has to work so hard to get me to spend it on myself! Bless him, he is such a sweet man, i would never be without him.

Loonwatcher
October 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Prayers for Heather. I'm sure she's alright; perhaps just communication issues.

Is your new machine a long arm? This spring I got a Janome sewing machine and am loving it. Let us know how your new one works for you.

MaryB
October 16th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Congratulations on your new machine, Daisy. You have done the right thing, now enjoy!

I hope you have heard from Heather by now. Hugs.

Mary B.

Divine Daisy
October 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Congratulations on your new machine, Daisy. You have done the right thing, now enjoy!

I hope you have heard from Heather by now. Hugs.

Mary B.

no Mary, still no word from Heather :)