PDA

View Full Version : Doing the happy dance...

Learner quilter
June 25th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Summer Holidays start today here in Glasgow..6weeks and 4 days :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo:
How much sewing am I going to get done???

WendyI
June 25th, 2015, 09:48 AM
holy cow! How does that work?! EVERYONE gets that time off? Or just yourself? I wouldn't know what to do if I had that much time off!

Learner quilter
June 25th, 2015, 09:50 AM
Hi Wendy. I am a school cook. Back to work 13th August.. :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo:

Bouse
June 25th, 2015, 09:54 AM
and it's a typical Glasgow start to the school holidays. Heavy rain showers. I don't have the whole summer off but we are going away for a few days next week. The children have their plans and I plan to visit the fabric stores with my sister.

Learner quilter
June 25th, 2015, 09:59 AM
Where are you in Glasgow?

Learner quilter
June 25th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I plan to visit the fabric stores with my sister.
Have you been to Kalidescope at Dobbies in Milngavie ?

Hulamoon
June 25th, 2015, 10:47 AM
How the heck! I was a school baker for a couple of years and I had to clean classrooms during school break :icon_angry:

Enjoy your time off!

Bouse
June 25th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Christine I work in the city centre but live on the south side. I didn't know about the shop you mentioned but next week we're going to Yorkshire and there is a fabulous shop in Scarborough.

Learner quilter
June 25th, 2015, 12:26 PM
My Daughter lives on the south side.. And was in Scarborough a few weeks ago .. I am hoping to get her to go again with me soon, she mentioned the fabric shop. Hope the sun shines for you, I haven't been to Scarborough for years..
Kaleidoscope have a website.. http://www.kalquilts.com

Bouse
June 26th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the link - I'll try and get over there for a visit. I hope you can talk your daughter into a trip to Scarborough with you. The shop is an Aladdin's cave.

WendyI
June 26th, 2015, 11:08 AM
So cool you guys are close! And living in my dream vacation spot! Some day I WILL make it there! sigh.

Enjoy your vacation!! I used to work for a school board...one of my first jobs! So sorry I left it now...could have had summers off!! Ahh well...a university is a pretty good place to work too! Keep us posted on your summer adventures!

easyquilts
June 26th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Yeah.. How does they work? Have fun!

Learner quilter
June 26th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Wendy if you ever get here let me know...

Learner quilter
June 26th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Well ladies I work term time... My salary is divided into 4 week monthly wages.. So that means 13 pays and in July I get 2 pays, one at the start of the month and one at the end, no bills to come off. It is all mine :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo:
Guess who will be fabric shopping... :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo: