PDA

View Full Version : Stormy Night Owl

kimsophia
June 25th, 2015, 01:30 AM
Hello from a wet branch on a thundery night...I'm glad we got most of the lawn mowed today. M* shipped my order of Optic White so I have the Moroccan Tiles work to look forward to.

How are you doing? @,@ Hoot hoot!

stationarymom
June 25th, 2015, 01:58 AM
Things are good here ,we had nice weather today lots of sun.Goes everyone sew their hexi's by hand? I have to go over to my gf's mother tomorrow and take care of her,She has been in a lot of pain recently so they started laser treatments for the pain.I don't get how the laser is supposed to help decrease the pain.I had to go for a eye exam today found out I have cataracts that I had a year and 1/2 ago but that dr never told me.

bubba
June 25th, 2015, 03:20 AM
I'm good, however MM has a damaged wing. As you may know he works graveyard. He had problems sleeping today and got up at 130pm and decided he needed to install a drip system for the tomato plants so we could go to the lake and not have to worry about them. Well, he was cutting the tube w/a pair of kitchen shears (they will cut thru bones) and cut deep into the meaty part at the base of his thumb on his left hand. I was not home and he bandaged it with toilet paper and some sort of fabric tape. I asked if we needed to go get stitches and like a man, he refused. For some reason he decided the bandage needed to be changed before he went to work and it was still bleeding!!!

I got out a gauze pad to put on it with Neosporin and was looking for the bandage that is like an ace wrap, but he said the toilet paper version was fine, so that is what went back on it. At least he has a rather recent tetanus shot from when he fired a nail into his hand from a nail gun......men!

sewlucky
June 25th, 2015, 03:32 AM
Men indeed Pat! I hope MM's wing heals quickly and that he will give in and get stitches if it keeps bleeding/coming open. Maybe steri-strips would help?

We had a hot day here and it sounds like we are in for a hot weekend too. We are camping and I'm excited. First trip out with Trailer Swift this summer, and best yet, more quilt shop visits with my momma! :)

Tucked in under my newly finished quilt with brand new sheets too...luxury! Night night.

Terri