PDA

View Full Version : In Hamilton today!

BobW
June 24th, 2015, 11:28 PM
My ex-wife and I made the trip to Hamilton today. She wants another quilt and wanted to pick the fabric out. We found what she wanted in Sew-Seasonal. Red fabric with reindeer and green fabric with the same reindeer and a solid the same color as the reindeer for a coordinating fabric. I'll post pics later.

I bought a template and two decks of MSQC playing cards. Imagine that our own Jenny is the Joker!

We had lunch at the Blue Sage, stopped in the Civil War Emporium saw some really great fabrics.

Went up to the main store and they put back a couple of the daily deals for me. We each bought one.

Then we walked up to the retreat center. They were having an open sew. I visited with a lady who was using her Featherweight.

Then we crossed the street to the Sew-Seasonal. We went up to the Penney's Store (solids) and found the tan that matched the reindeer. We went through the Sew-Licensed shop and it is full of great fabrics. Then we went through the Batiks store. Such pretty vibrant fabrics.

We stopped and had ice cream at Jays Burger Dive. Then we went over to the Quilting Department to say hi to Bernice (Stitching Woman), only to find they are moving the quilting department out to the new warehouse on a temporary basis. They only had one Long Arm to move yet, but then get all the quilts and such moved. They are going to remodel the old store/warehouse for the Long Arm machines. Bernice told me they won't be allowing visitors in the Quilting Department while it is out at the warehouse. Betty, Delores and Bernice and Jamie said they have 700 quilts in for quilting right now. They now have 10 Long arm machines that will be going once the move is done.

Last I heard the old library (Old Quilting Department) is going to be remodeled and will be Jenny's studio.

So much going on in Hamilton. The man cave is coming along and they have a couple of more buildings under way.

So we had a nice visit and saw the Hamilton Gang.

bubba
June 24th, 2015, 11:38 PM
Sounds like a great day! I'm exhausted just reading about it!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 24th, 2015, 11:45 PM
Wow! You sure had a busy day! Can't keep up with all the moves they make!

quiltsRfun
June 25th, 2015, 02:04 AM
Bob, it's nice to hear you're out and about again. Sounds like a fun day.

brook
June 25th, 2015, 02:10 AM
I would so love to go there! Sounds like you had a great time.

stationarymom
June 25th, 2015, 02:29 AM
Bob so glad you made the trip ,it sounds like it was a great day.

snippet
June 25th, 2015, 04:05 AM
sounds like a great, but tiring day! Looking forward to seeing the quilt when it's done.

Grandma Nan
June 25th, 2015, 04:53 AM
boB you were busy. I just love that I can picture in my mind's eye your travels around Hamilton today. I can especially taste the ice-cream. My happiest moment tho was the fact that you are out and about and travelling around. Bless you. So glad you are feeling better.

irishrn
June 25th, 2015, 05:08 AM
So glad you were up for a trip to Hamilton! Sounds like you had a fun day.
Hope you continue to feel better!!

Lori63
June 25th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Sounds like a great trip! Wow, 10 long arms and 700 quilts waiting to be quilted! I didn't imagine they were on that large of a scale!

Monique
June 25th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Lucky you that you live so close.

Sandy Navas
June 25th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I'm MAD at boB!!!! He didn't bring me any ice cream.

Oh, well, tomorrow will come soon enough. I told him to wait so we could spend the day together but he was determined not to see me!! Bad boB, BAD.

Yanna
June 25th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Oh how I wish I was there to see it all. LO(L Thanks for the tour Bob.

Midge
June 25th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Thanks for sharing the details of your trip, Bob. For those of us who can't get there, it's nice to hear what's going on in Hamilton. Also glad you are now recovered enough to enjoy a day trip like that. It's hard to imagine 10 long arms going at once! But wouldn't that be an impressive sight?

BobW
June 25th, 2015, 12:25 PM
I'm MAD at boB!!!! He didn't bring me any ice cream.

Oh, well, tomorrow will come soon enough. I told him to wait so we could spend the day together but he was determined not to see me!! Bad boB, BAD.

Sandy,

I warned them that Hurricane Sandy would be blowing into Hamilton on Friday. They will be prepared for you and your hijinx! So be fore-warned that they now have your number.

FabStripper
June 25th, 2015, 10:23 PM
It is exciting to hear they are growing again and again and always.

Leslie333
June 25th, 2015, 10:44 PM
Sounds like a wonderfully fun day!

Grandma G
June 25th, 2015, 11:29 PM
What a wonderful day you spent!! Interested to hear about the moving of the long arms and the amount of quilts to be quilted. Somewhere within that 700 is my "Downton Abbey" quilt top awaiting its turn. That is a massive amount for them to handle. Also, I did not know about the playing cards. I collect decks of playing cards...my dh tells me he thought I collected fabric...lol. Yeah, that, too. I'll add those to my next order. One of these days I'll get there, too, and maybe run into some of my fellow forum members. All in all it sounds like you had a super time.

bscuzz
June 25th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Bob, how nice to hear you're feeling up to such a 'special' trip- and thanks to your telling, I feel like I took the trip right along with you. At my age, living vicariously is the best way to travel! Being able to hear in such an interesting way about the 'fun' things that take place in Hamilton makes being so far away feel 'not quite so far away'!! Hope you 'keep feeling better' and let us all share future Hamilton trips with you - I'm just jealous of your 'close proximity' allowing you to go more often! :D

Simply Quilting
June 26th, 2015, 12:51 AM
Glad that you are up and able to travel. It is always just so amazing all of the things that are being done in Hamilton.