PDA

View Full Version : Retreats, updates and this and that

KathyCrofoot
June 24th, 2015, 10:44 AM
So it's been a while since I've updated my friends on the goings on in my life.

Mom got the results from her neurologist - no indications of Alzheimer's or Dementia on the cognitive testing. No real explanation on the memory issues, could be stress, depression, malnutrition/poor diet, lack of exercise, or no reason at all. We're still following up with kidney doctor. Renal ultrasound showed her kidneys packed with stones. Follow up appointment next month. Continued prayers are appreciated.
Went to a retreat last weekend - had a blast. Put bindings on 3 quilts (pictures next week when I can hang them on the line for show and tell). Mom's quilt turned out beautiful. I had it long-armed by my friend downtown with dancing butterflies. I'm excited to give it to her. The other two were QOV back from the long-arm quilter. My Disappearing Hourglass (need to give it a name still) and "Letters from Home". Both turned out really well. Letters from Home needs a tiny spot of repair. I put together a baby Irish Chain that will go to AuntieMern once its quilted, and STILL have blocks left over. Found fabric to make Dancing 9s for another quilt from the same blocks. Bought too much fabric - as usual.
Fell off my chair while reaching for something on the floor Sunday morning - I think there's something pinched in my neck as I tried to brace myself on the table while reaching to the floor. Raging headache this morning and getting worse. Off to chiropractor later today if I can get the car...
The big news of the weekend: I got a text with this picture "She Said Yes!" We're pretty excited but have no info yet on when, where, etc. My little boy is such a romantic - he took her to the top of Pikes Peak to propose.

Last but not least, I'm leaving for VA next week to visit with Mom & Dad, and Henry and Rebecca and Bella will be there for a little while. They have to leave on the 4th so he can get back to work on the 6th. Mom already has the schedule packed. We're going to have to talk about letting up a little so I can get some of my work done, visit clients, do some quilting, you know usual stuff just different location.

Sandy Navas
June 24th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the updates, Kathy. You've been in our thoughts!!

SewnByBee
June 24th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Nice looking couple, don't be doing tricks, falling around and stuff. Take care.

WendyI
June 24th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Congrats on the upcoming wedding...something fun to look forward to! Sounds like you've been busy!

asta
June 24th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Your life is packed full of goodies. Have fun and be safe!

KathyCrofoot
June 24th, 2015, 10:19 PM
Dang, I forgot almost the best part - I'm gaining a granddaughter!!!!

Sonic
June 24th, 2015, 11:10 PM
Ouchie! Sorry about the fall and prayers for a quick resolve with the chiropractor.
Sounds like you have been very busy lately, but glad to hear the better news about your mom.
Have safe travels down to VA, and congrats on the new to be family addition! Both of them. :)