PDA

View Full Version : The Night Owl Hoots

kimsophia
June 24th, 2015, 01:38 AM
Hoot hoo, how are you? I just fell asleep on the couch but only for 15 minutes...we hope to get the lawn mowed tomorrow before more rains set in...@,@

stationarymom
June 24th, 2015, 01:47 AM
Hi Kim I'm glad you're back,without you it seemed like the owls lost their sense of direction.I hope everything is good in your forest.We we're under a tornado warning earlier tonight but didn't get the storm it slide south of us.Not to much new here but about with you?

bubba
June 24th, 2015, 02:03 AM
I'm great!!! Pajamas are basically done except for the last five buttons I am sewing on by hand. I know my machine could do it, but I'm using the buttons from the pair I took apart and I don't have any extras in case I accidently break one. I'll take pictures tomorrow before delivering them. Amazingly the top took less time than the bottoms I think!!

Been warm here again today. Glad I have a ceiling fan in my studio with the a/c blowing at the end of the hall!

sewlucky
June 24th, 2015, 02:50 AM
I have had a busy and exciting day. First, I finished my Ballard Blocks QAYG top, plus got it basted with the backing. Its not perfect, but it will be plenty cozy for our bed. I have three of the 14 rows of stitching done to get the backing attached. I also found a lovely beige print in my stash that will be ideal for binding so that's awesome too. Shop the stash first...always good!!

The MOST exciting thing today though happened this afternoon when I checked my student centre online to see if there were any updates on my application for school. There was, and I am officially admitted into the Library and Information Technology program beginning this fall! Woo HOO! This is a 2 year full-time diploma program. I am excited to be going back to school!

Terri

stationarymom
June 24th, 2015, 03:07 AM
Congratulations Terri! You have more guts than I do ,I've been out of school for so long I's be scared to death.

toggpine
June 24th, 2015, 03:18 AM
Just flying through.

I have a few things to tend to and then I'm turning in a bit earlier than I have lately.
I hope all went well for Little C and Cyndi's family's adoption day!

Happy Hooting! C

Andrea F
June 24th, 2015, 03:59 AM
Good morning peeps! I'm in the process of packing my little suitcase for my trip to Augsburg tonight and then get ready for work. I'll meet with DS2 at the main train station this evening, he will drive the car back home. Going to be in Augsburg at midnight. I hope I don't fall asleep in the train and travel to who knows where.

Terri, major congratulations on going back to school! You'll see, it's so much fun (and a lot of work, too). Library and Information Technology sounds very interesting.

I have great news, too. I'm going to stay in my current job for TWO more YEARS!!! By the end of those two years I have to have the dissertation done but that should be possible. I will need another job then but I'm going to deal with it when I get there. I repaired the ncw I made a mistake on the other day and even put a shoulder strap on. I'm happy about that, now I can take it with me.

Pat, I'm very curious to see the pajama pictures. I'll have wifi in the hotel and I take my ipad with me, so at least I get to see them.

Have a good night everybody, a wonderful rest of the week and weekend and I'll see you on Monday.

Monique
June 24th, 2015, 04:16 AM
Hello, I got woken up by the alarm at the corner store. Smash and grab. I did not see anything or anyone but stayed with the owner for a while and called 911. Not likely to get back to sleep now.

toggpine
June 24th, 2015, 05:34 AM
OK. So I am still up. I tried to just tidy my stuff and go to bed, but I had to play with some fabric and my new apron pattern.

A few questions for you all. Firstly, do you wear aprons?
If so, do you actually use the pockets that are on them or are they more for decoration?

I use them when I bake as I am constantly making a mess of myself or wiping my hands. I'm thinking the pockets are merely decorative in my case. I was thinking about making a few as gifts if this pattern goes together easily, and wondered about adding the pockets.

My audiobook is done now, and I really need to get some sleep.

I'll catch up with you all here in the tree later today! C

Mom23
June 24th, 2015, 09:34 AM
I wear an apron and have never used a pocket. In my opinion, they are merely for decoration!

kimsophia
June 24th, 2015, 10:49 AM
I don't use aprons at home but have at church. In that case, it is nice to have a pocket to put my phone in...

sewlucky
June 24th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Y
Good morning peeps! I'm in the process of packing my little suitcase for my trip to Augsburg tonight and then get ready for work. I'll meet with DS2 at the main train station this evening, he will drive the car back home. Going to be in Augsburg at midnight. I hope I don't fall asleep in the train and travel to who knows where.

Terri, major congratulations on going back to school! You'll see, it's so much fun (and a lot of work, too). Library and Information Technology sounds very interesting.

I have great news, too. I'm going to stay in my current job for TWO more YEARS!!! By the end of those two years I have to have the dissertation done but that should be possible. I will need another job then but I'm going to deal with it when I get there. I repaired the ncw I made a mistake on the other day and even put a shoulder strap on. I'm happy about that, now I can take it with me.

Pat, I'm very curious to see the pajama pictures. I'll have wifi in the hotel and I take my ipad with me, so at least I get to see them.

Have a good night everybody, a wonderful rest of the week and weekend and I'll see you on Monday.

Thanks Andrea, and congrats to you too! I know school will be a lot of work but I'm up for it! Hopefully I will be able to work as a library assistant after the program :). I did apply for my dream job on Monday, maybe they will hire me without the course? Lol

Terri

bubba
June 24th, 2015, 03:33 PM
I wear an apron while baking or making messy things and the only time I have used a pocket was when I had a cold and Kleenex were put in it. I know when I was selling a lot of aprons the ladies always wanted pockets!