PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday

Blondie
June 23rd, 2015, 07:34 AM

Hello Folksies

So, it's Tuesday and I have not slept too long last night. I see our Sandy has let y'all know about our pastor. Thanking each of you for your thoughts. We have been quite blessed and privileged to have known this special person. The next few days I will most likely be quite sketchy.

I worked on my little sewing room yesterday morning - actually, going up and down the stairs sorting out what I absolutely will be needing and what I can keep down there. Good Golly Miss Molly, I never realized how much crappola I had. I almost apologized to my Mom for her hoard of stuff. Unlike her, I have NO problem whatsoever in letting go. If I had the time, I would clean and sort and then SELL but that does take time - and I have been without sewing for too long a time. I am itching to get back to it. I have taken a few pictures - yall know what a terrible picture taker I am - and when I get my head on straight will post them.
My oldest son sent me a picture of our Nora which he snapped on Father's Day. What a bright ray of sweetness little ones are! She certainly favors my son at that age in this one.

Off to find the coffee pot; so glad that hubby made it this morning. He makes it much stronger than I do and I make it strong! Be good to each other today, think of something to make you smile all the way from your face into your heart.

Ginny B
June 23rd, 2015, 07:57 AM
Good morning all. Well, yesterday was one of those whirlwind days at work and by the time dinner was over, I was wiped out. So after planting a few plants that we bought on Friday, dh and I just sat out on the front porch and listened to the birds' evening song and watched for Lightning Bugs. I love quiet evenings like that.

Today is supposed to be pretty hot and maybe some t-storms so I don't know if we will be doing any sitting out this evening. Maybe I can get some sewing in later -- or at the very least, straighten up the "studio" from the last projects to get moving on to the next ones.
I can actually do a bit of that right now before work so I think I'll scoot out of here and go do that.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

Lori63
June 23rd, 2015, 08:00 AM
Morning,

Blondie, again I'm so sorry to hear about your pastor.

I work my regular 10 day today (I work 4 10s, so I only have to work 4 days a week). Then I hope to get a little sewing in tonight. We leave Thursday afternoon for my best friend's daughter's wedding. I get to help set everything up Friday and Saturday morning. I know it will be a busy, but fun time.

We have appointments on Thursday morning to get the repair estimates on our hail damaged cars. Here is a pic of the hail that attacked our cars. 112388

Hope everyone has a great day!

Monique
June 23rd, 2015, 08:12 AM
Good morning everyone. Oh Blondie I am so sorry for your loss.

I am in funk. I have lost my mojo. I tried to sew yesterday but my heart just wasn't in it. I know it will come back. I was gifted three bags of fabric. One bag has mostly yarn and a few quilting stencils. The other two full garbage bags. So guess what I am doing today. It looks like it will be a dark dreary day, perfect day for sorting through the bags. Sorry I can't cut grass today (insert sarcasm here).

Hubby is going away today and comes back tomorrow. I work Friday and Saturday and then straight through until July 17 with Canada Day off. I do have two quilts waiting to be quilted.

For all those doing the row by row HAVE FUN. I will be collecting mine next month.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Cathy F
June 23rd, 2015, 08:46 AM
Morning all,
Up early this morning watched the sun come up and now the birds at the feeders. I love this time of the day when all is peaceful.
Last week was a busy one with daughters birthday, fathers day, and grandsons birthday yesterday. He turned 16, and asked grandpa if he would go with him to the motor vehicles where he took his permit test. He got 100 on the test and was quite proud to tell grandpa he passed with a perfect score! Where does time go that they grow up so quickly.

Received my order from M* yesterday so a new quilt will be in the making. I'm making a tumbler quilt with the Lady Slipper Lodge fabric. Always love the start of a new quilt!

We 've had some much needed rain and the flower beds are looking much better for it ( except for the weeds, they loved the water too!) Guess some weeding is in my schedule!
Off to get some coffee and get this day going. Hugs to all that need a few extra today!

Bubby
June 23rd, 2015, 08:46 AM
Morning Everyone,

Jeff just left for work. It's going to be super hot and humid again today with rain starting again this afternoon.

Yesterday I got the rest of the carpet cleaned. It was a good day to put the area rug from the TV room outside to dry. Thankfully no unexpected showers. Jeff went to the hospital and got his hip x-rayed after work yesterday. We ate Chinese while we were there so I didn't have to cook last night. I had some good lemon chicken and Jeff had his usual, the buffet.

Be sure to look at Jean's pics she took in NYC...awesome.

Wishing everyone a great Tuesday. Hugs.....

Renate
June 23rd, 2015, 09:15 AM
Dear Blondie,

there is a German song, that says: Keep the world from turning for a Moment, because you are missing. that was it what I was thinking as I learned that your Pastor passed away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu7MynhG7Yw
A warm hug for you Blondie
Yours
Renate

Sandy Navas
June 23rd, 2015, 09:43 AM
Sitting here reflecting on things that change the world.

That's all, Folks.

Mom23
June 23rd, 2015, 09:53 AM
Good Morning All,

Blondie, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your pastor. As with any tragedy, your faith will get you through this. I look forward to seeing pictures of your sewing room.

I was gone all last week on a trip to Philadelphia with my mom and daughter. Mom and I went to New York for the day on Wednesday, just missing getting to see Jean. It has been a whirlwind of activity since we got back Friday night but I managed to get the borders sewn on a twin size quilt for a special great nephew. One of the LQS is offering a special, $40 for a quilt up to twin size, so I want to get it there today. Mom and my two sisters are coming over today for "pool day". Most days we don't even get in the pool but we sit in the screen porch visiting.

Today is my first day of taking better care of myself. I got up and went to Mass, will eat a little breakfast, then head out for a bike ride. I have to put my health first, both mind and body. I might not get as much sewing done but I've sat on my sewing chair too much and my hiney has gotten wide because of it. I'm also going to spend less time on the computer as too much time is wasted checking Facebook and the forum. I tell myself I will only check in the morning and evening but it wont' be easy. I can do this!!!

Blessings,
Robin

pcbatiks
June 23rd, 2015, 09:57 AM
Good morning, friends.

Today hubby and I are celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary. :) It's hard to believe that many years have gone by already.........but so very happy that we have spent them together. He is the best.

I'm still sewing pieces together for the back of the zombie quilt.......it's time for me to finish this one. :D

SewnByBee
June 23rd, 2015, 09:58 AM
Good morning,
Today is supposed to be a scorcher, gotta get out early and tidy up before it rains in the next few days. My poor flowers, need love.
Wish I could work them like I use to. The back want let me do my thing. well I'll just Sew On I recon. Glad to be able to do that, and feel blessed about it.I have a bed of Hibiscus, that me and my Mom started and I don't want to loose them they a gorgeous
Big saser sized flowers when they do well. Mabe you can see them in this pic , with my Mom and AC, who I lost
last year. I love them and miss them always
Blondie remember, Love Aways Lives, never dies. Keep them alive in your heart. Please share that with this family.

MRoy
June 23rd, 2015, 10:02 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I'm very sorry for your loss.

We're expecting rain here today, storms maybe. DH and I went fishing again yesterday afternoon. In 43 years of marriage, it's the first time I can recall DH taking off work during the week to do something fun. It was a good time and we caught 57 bluegill that will be delicious when cooked.

I'm headed for the sewing studio shortly to work on the quilting of the guild's raffle quilt. I got it loaded on the frame yesterday morning and began the stippling. The quilt top is done in reproduction 30's prints and I think the stipple quilting is going to look good.

WendyI
June 23rd, 2015, 10:11 AM
Morning all...very stressful day and week. My anxiety has crept up since my anniversary dinner...missing my family a lot and having a hard time coping again...realizing all the milestones I will have to do without him and it's been very painful...like my grief is fresh all over again. Doesn't help that Liam is on a school trip so I'm home alone until tomorrow. Trying to plan for our vacation...supposed to leave on Sat morning but the thought of it is overwhelming me right now. Work is sucking...getting hauled in this afternoon for mistakes I made...not sure why since I'm way harder on myself than they could ever be and they know this. My boss has zero understanding of mental health so pretty frustrating. Makes me miss my ex even more when I don't have him to go home to and talk to him about how I'm feeling. Feeling very lonely.

Anyway...should get some work done. Wishing everyone an awesome day and thinking of those in need. xox

RockinLou
June 23rd, 2015, 10:45 AM
Good morning!

We are readjusting to the time change and hanging out at a water park resort today. My MIL lives nearby, so I'm trying my jet-lagged best not to let her get under my skin. I must accept the things I cannot change

Lots of love to you all, thanks for the prayers for the kiddos when we needed it. (Hugs)

Grandma Nan
June 23rd, 2015, 10:48 AM
Blondie I want to express my sympathy for your loss. You are such a caring and committed person I am sure this is a difficult time for you.

Robin, I hear and know what you are saying and I am in the same position. Need to pay attention to my health and even if it means less time to quilt, so be it. They are saying that "sitting" is the new "smoking" in as far as the damage it can do to your health so I am needing to get back on track with my walking etc. The last time at the doctor she told me I am prediabetic and could still make changes that would prevent me going on to diabetes. Today is day one of my new resolutions. I have gotten very lazy over the winter.

So in the spirit of new resolutions I should get going. I may have to modify my shirt.

JCY
June 23rd, 2015, 11:00 AM
Another sunny day in Colorado. Yesterday felt almost comfortable at 88, but today it will be in the high 90's again. I finally got some sewing done the past 2 days. I like to have fabrics match & look balanced, but I set aside my little bit of OCD & made a very scrappy 4-P out of remnants of flannel. I had enough to cut 6" squares & make it 3 blocks across by 4 blocks down. I used the narrower strips to make a pieced 3" wide border. It makes it easier if I sew the pieces to the outside edges of each block before sewing the rows together. I'm now ready to sew together the rows.

I hope to chip away at all my UFOs. They are numerous! Several tops that need to be quilted & other WI

DH saw the dermatologist yest. for a spot on the tip of his nose that hadn't healed & looked suspicious. Yup, the dr. thinks it's basal cell carcinoma, so shaved off a 7 mm spot of his nose. When we get the biopsy report, assuming it's (+), it will be another Moh's surgery to make sure the margins are clear. On top of all his other medical problems, this whole thing seems rather daunting to him.

I hope everyone has a good day. Thoughts & Prayers go out for those in need.

ceiliam
June 23rd, 2015, 11:19 AM
Morning all . Blondie I am so sorry for loss, wish I could give you hug so am sending you a vitual one.
Up at 400 am the dog wanted to play . going to put borders on box kite quilts. I am getting excited for a. New project. Hope everyone has a great. Day.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 23rd, 2015, 11:34 AM
Good morning, all! I missed being in the thick of forum chatting the past 5 days while I was in NYC! It's good to be back at home and out of the crowds and traffic of Times Square! But it was a good trip!

Blondie, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear pastor. My condolences to you, your church family and his family.

What quilting project should I work on? While I was gone, I was missing being in my sewing room when we had down time. But now, I can start working on some new projects.

Have a great day!

rebeccas-sewing
June 23rd, 2015, 12:07 PM
Glad to see you back, Blondie. Very sorry to hear of your pastor's death. It's rainy and chilly in Baarn. The high was only 61F. It's so interesting how the temps are so different around the world.

toggpine
June 23rd, 2015, 01:01 PM
Another sunny day here. I'm getting kind of tired of it. Please send us some of your rain.

I have a list of things to do, and none I want to. The coffee cup is now empty, so I no longer have that as an excuse to dawdle. I'll go clean up my fabric mess and get on with the cleaning of the house/yard/milk room.

Blondie, I can't believe that is Nora. She's just a baby, not an adorable toddler. But, my little girl can't be 9 either. Where does the time go?

Mpyles
June 23rd, 2015, 02:16 PM
Morning, it's so nice to wake up and just sit on the front porch in my pjs and sip coffee! I am off until next Monday and aside from a quilting appointment at the LQS and a family reunion with my siblings at the lake this weekend...I plan to just laze around and sew. I am working on a sample of a BOM for my LQS, I was so excited when they asked me to make it for them..it's absolutely beautiful and would of signed up for sure! Now I get to do it all for free! Win win!! My kids are around during the day and it's nice to catch up with their lives! Had lunch with DS and gf yesterday.

Well..off to enjoy the day!

K. McEuen
June 23rd, 2015, 02:19 PM
Nora reminds me of your daughter, a lot. When my daughter was born they showed her to me and the first words out of my mouth were "She looks like my brother!" She looked just like the baby pictures we had of my older brother. Of course the doctors looked at me like I was insane.