PDA

View Full Version : No hoot in owls tonight?

Mpyles
June 23rd, 2015, 02:11 AM
Just popped in...up late...on vacation this week...no owls hootin tonight! Guess I'll head to bed!
:icon_sleep:

Jean Sewing Machine
June 23rd, 2015, 02:12 AM
Just got home at midnight from my New York adventure! Hope I can fall asleep soon!

sewlucky
June 23rd, 2015, 02:14 AM
I'm just heading to bed too. I had a nice day. I had lunch with a former coworker/good friend and then visited two quilt shops for Row by Row. One shop I had not yet visited but I know I will be back, it was fabulous! Tomorrow I hope to finish my Ballard Blocks quilt!

Rest well all.

Terri

stationarymom
June 23rd, 2015, 02:31 AM
I'm just checking in,I hope you haven't all flown the coop yet.Have a good night everyone.

Andrea F
June 23rd, 2015, 02:37 AM
Good morning! Second day of another workshop for me today. It's interesting but I wish I could just stay home and crawl back in my bed. I need a lot more coffee. Have a good night!

Jean, how was New York? I am a little bit jealous, I love New York! Wish I could go there this year and visit the City Quilter and Mood :)

bubba
June 23rd, 2015, 02:37 AM
Still up here too, but it's only 1030pm! I have the pajama pants done and part of the sleeves and will finish the top tomorrow. I'm picked up the boys girlfriend tomorrow to do some errands, as she does not drive, so I'll take them out to the shop on Wednesday. To me, I think they are turning out pretty well so far :knocking on wood:, but I hope I'm not jinxing myself!!

It was warm here today again. They said there is no rain expected thru the end of the month. We have gotten .22" this month, normal is 1.22" and there is a statewide burn ban. Four counties are in class 1 burn ban, and that includes our lake....so I guess we won't be having any smores this weekend!

Andrea F
June 23rd, 2015, 02:45 AM
Still up here too, but it's only 1030pm! I have the pajama pants done and part of the sleeves and will finish the top tomorrow. I'm picked up the boys girlfriend tomorrow to do some errands, as she does not drive, so I'll take them out to the shop on Wednesday. To me, I think they are turning out pretty well so far :knocking on wood:, but I hope I'm not jinxing myself!!

It was warm here today again. They said there is no rain expected thru the end of the month. We have gotten .22" this month, normal is 1.22" and there is a statewide burn ban. Four counties are in class 1 burn ban, and that includes our lake....so I guess we won't be having any smores this weekend!

Oh dear, it has been raining so heavily that I almost had to stop driving yesterday. I'll try to send some of it over.

stationarymom
June 23rd, 2015, 02:52 AM
It's 1:45 here am.I hope your pajamas come out like they are supposed to.Andrea I hope you can find more coffee.I remember when I went to college and worked I think I used to drink about 8-12 cups a day.Bubba am I being to nosey if I ask why the boys gf can't drive?I can't drive either and it makes life very lonely,I know I feel very isolated most of the time.We're supposed to be in line for some severe weather tomorrow,maybe even a tornado.I hope they are wrong.

Lightwriter
June 23rd, 2015, 03:24 AM
Ok, I love the night owls but I am really getting tired of not sleeping through the night. Makes for long days.

Started quilting the Irish Chain yesterday. My pain levels from the oral surgery are still up so I only made it for about an hour. Well, at least a little progress was made!

Hot as Hades here...supposed to be 100 tomorrow. The humidity is also starting to hit in. Sewing will be an early morning activity as my room is upstairs with only a window unit of AC. I have pulled my hexies out and maybe I will make some progress on these in the afternoon. The hexie quilt is meant as a long term project when I want some handwork.

Jean, I hope you enjoyed NYC. DD lives there and while it is interesting there is just way too much walking involved for me. (I have feet issues). I am not a fan of the subways either, although I will use them if DD is with me. I think it is just too many people for me.

bubba
June 23rd, 2015, 03:36 AM
Bubba am I being to nosey if I ask why the boys gf can't drive?I can't drive either and it makes life very lonely,I know I feel very isolated most of the time.

She just graduated from high school a week ago and did not take drivers education, so she does not know how to drive! Her parents were not very well off and it was not something they could afford. I think it's about $600 now, maybe more!

toggpine
June 23rd, 2015, 04:13 AM
Hey everybody!
I made it back from the milk testing. I spent the day, between milkings, poking around Port Townsend and found a few fun things and fried okra.
On my way out of town I hit the cute LQS Creative Union. For being such a small space, she has a lovely selection of fabrics. I never leave her place without needing to take something home with me. This time it was a book of fall/woodland critters table runner/placemats/wall hanging, a new pattern for an apron, and a couple pieces of clearance fabric. Now I am digging through my fabric stash to find some fabrics to make a mock-up of the new apron pattern before I cut into the good stuff. It is a full front apron with over the shoulder crossing panels in the back. No ties, and not a full back piece, and it has pretty scallop details.

Yesterday on the longest day, I managed to get the barn cleaned (waited too long to do THAT), trimmed a few hooves, and disbudded 4 goats. That about did me in.
Today we met with the teachers to go over what Em needs to do over the summer to keep caught up, and even be ahead for next year. The math won't be a problem, it's the reading and the writing. She likes to read, but not necessarily for comprehension. That is the skill we will be developing in the next few weeks.

The milk should be about done and me too. Catch you all in the tree tomorrow!
Hugs, Cathy

cyndiofthevortex
June 23rd, 2015, 04:29 AM
Hoot hoot! I'm up because today at 2 pm is Adoption Day! How can I sleep when I'm so excited?

Hulamoon
June 23rd, 2015, 07:06 AM
Yeah Cyndi! I'm so happy for you and your family. Wow, what a journey we traveled with you :)

quiltingtrish
June 23rd, 2015, 10:29 AM
OOOH CYNDI! I'll be thinking about you and all your family today - so exciting!!

kimsophia
June 23rd, 2015, 11:59 AM
Hoot hoot! We got back from our family gathering in St. Louis. It was a fun trip and I got to spend a few hours in the art museum on Sunday. I hadn't been there in over 20 years. We divided that visit mostly between ancient art for DH and 19th century European and American art for me. We did a little trek through some modern art and I thought their Mondrian would make for a good quilt. :)

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=791&bih=503&q=mondrian+art&oq=mondri&gs_l=img.1.1.0l10.1165.4489.0.7278.14.7.6.1.1.0.12 5.774.0j7.7.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.14.800.smMe9Z r955o#hl=en&tbm=isch&q=mondrian+art+st.+louis

The stained glass cherry blossom panels in their lower level would be fantastic as a quilt too.

Google Image Result for https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3573/3392191055_d1ca42fcfd.jpg (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3573/3392191055_d1ca42fcfd.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.flickr.com/photos/vitreositypictures/sets/72157616033673014/&h=500&w=419&tbnid=q7pwpYZ7w_efkM:&zoom=1&docid=Pf9viJq4lxVe2M&itg=1&hl=en&ei=8nOJVY7XNZWsyATTjZWADQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CB4QMygBMAE)

For the trip we had an early bird sleep schedule and so who knows how long it will take for me to drift back into night owl hours...lol I can't qualify when I'm asleep at 9 p.m. :D I did miss y'all and wonder how you were doing. :)--Kim

bubba
June 23rd, 2015, 12:18 PM
I love Port Townsend!!! It used to be a lot better, but a lot of the shops we liked have closed. At least our favorite Mexican restaurant is still there, down at the end of the street by the Police station. We use to go up and stay in the B&B's a couple times a year, but it's been a long time since we've done that. Do you ever drive out to Fort Worden or Flagler? Fort Warden is where they filmed Officer and a Gentleman. We have spent a lot of time camping there when the girls were younger, also with Tyler. That is where I saw the northern lights from....so pretty!

I've not been to or heard of that quilt shop. Where exactly is it?

stationarymom
June 23rd, 2015, 12:26 PM
Congrats Cyndi!Make sure to take lots of pics and please share.

toggpine
June 23rd, 2015, 12:48 PM
Pat, she's on the shop hop list as Creative Union.
Highway 19, Past Chimicum and just before the county airport. (Literally, you can see the end of the run way on your left.) Kala Square/Point is where she is. There is only a plain 'Quilt Shop' sign at the edge of the road.
There used to be a yarn shop on the corner too, but sadly the owner died suddenly & unexpectedly. There is a new little café that has opened up in that square too. If I had known, I'd have stopped there for lunch instead.

If you are out Shop Hopping this weekend it is a good place to stop. I'm not doing the marathon Shop Hop like I did last year. I will pop in at a few places. Perhaps collect enough blocks to make a fall table runner. This year's fabrics aren't really my thing. Are you hitting the trail this year?

bubba
June 23rd, 2015, 01:25 PM
I've never done the shop hop!!! And I'm pretty sure it's going to be too hot to even think about it! I'll be at the lake w/my toes in the water!

QuiltingRN
June 24th, 2015, 10:44 AM
I've been to Creative Union fabric shop, very nice shop! I will be heading there for Row by Row.