PDA

View Full Version : the time has come.....

bubba
June 22nd, 2015, 09:09 PM
I'm cutting out the pj's!! I got my Bernette 334DS all threaded up with white thread and I have all the pieces pinned down and some cut out! I recently got this machine at an estate sale and it runs like a charm. I cleaned it, but it did not really need it and oiled the two spots just to be safe.

Truthfully, I was just happy to get it threaded and running! :D

mpattylou
June 22nd, 2015, 09:44 PM
You will love the Bernina 334DS. I bought my first one over 30 years ago and it is still going strong. Over the years I have bought many off of ebay for friends and family and even a couple more for myself. For what they cost me, I can have one with white thread....one with khaki...one with black and never have to thread it with a different color. It is a pretty basic machine, but does what I need it to do.

bubba
June 22nd, 2015, 11:50 PM
Pants and sleeves are done........Forgot how long clothing sewing takes!

Hulamoon
June 22nd, 2015, 11:54 PM
oh geesh I thought you were talking about your dog. Don't write titles like that!

bubba
June 23rd, 2015, 12:22 AM
Holy schmoley!!!!! Hope we don't have to do that again for several more years yet!!

Iris Girl
June 23rd, 2015, 05:57 AM
I own 2 Bernette 203 sergers . I love them. I bought the first one probably 25 years ago or more. It is a workhorse and it worked like crazy. I made clothes for myself, the kids, hubby, my mom, curtains and whatever else was needed (did not quilt back then). My problem was I used it so much that the door on the side kept coming off (hubby made a new swing pin for it and the tower if you pull hard comes out without stopping. (price to fix that was not worth just being careful. When I had the opportunity I bought one on ebay for about 50 bucks. Even though it was 25 years old when I got it it looked like it had never been used. I was in heaven thinking now I have 2 wonderful all metal machines that sew like a dream. One has black thread in it and one white. Which works well unless I am doing something very special then I will match the thread. No need for a fancy serger this one is a work horse.

bubba
June 23rd, 2015, 12:32 PM
This one works quite well. Only problem was they could not find the book for it, but I can look that up on the internet. I have a Babylock serger from about 30 years ago. It is just a three thread and I used it for knits and other stretch fabrics. This 'new' one is a four thread so I can use it for sewing seams on cotton. My oldest sister has a fancy schmancy eight thread one, but I don't know how much she uses it.

Learner quilter
June 23rd, 2015, 01:46 PM
oh geesh I thought you were talking about your dog. Don't write titles like that!

I thought it was the picture of the mystery man....