PDA

View Full Version : I NEED TO VENT

RFREE
June 22nd, 2015, 09:31 AM
Ok ladies I don't like to complain but has anyone else had bad dealings with Joanns shipping department?
I ordered several things last week that goes toward the pin selling deal but when I got my order both boxes were wrong. Not a little wrong but ALOT wrong. From letters to BIG,to just not even there, broke letters,& stuff I didn't even order thrown in the box. I mean really?? Who do they have pulling the orders? I can understand a couple mishaps after all we are human right? But these orders were so jacked up I can't even finish stuff I have started because I have the wrong sized letters!!!
GRRRRRR..............:icon_heh::icon_heh::icon_heh ::icon_heh::icon_heh::icon_heh::icon_heh::icon_heh :
Ok carry one I am through!!!

Amy R
June 22nd, 2015, 09:49 AM
awww how frustrating. I've never ordered online from them.

Vonnie
June 22nd, 2015, 10:02 AM
If there is a store nearby, take it to them and show them what it looks like. I think a couple of forum members here work at a Joann's. Maybe they will chime in with how to handle it.

I have ordered several times and the only problem so far was the roll of batting having a hole in the plastic covering and a little circle of batting is dirty. But that was done in-route.

WendyI
June 22nd, 2015, 10:03 AM
Wow...that's just rude! Maybe the person packing your order was gonna quit that day?

Granny Fran
June 22nd, 2015, 11:27 AM
So, so frustrating. I agree, some people ship without thought to how the customer will feel. Hope you get this sorted out so you can finish your projects.

Grandma Nan
June 22nd, 2015, 11:48 AM
That is frustrating as it puts you behind in your work and I am assuming it may impact your customer service. I don't think that people realize the impact of their actions on others. Vent away, thats why were here.

SallyO'Sews
June 22nd, 2015, 11:50 AM
What's really unfortunate is if this is the first time you have ordered from them. Sometimes, stuff just happens, and sometimes there's a systemic problem within a company. Where I work, less than 5% of what we ship has a problem (not necessarily our fault - could be the carrier, or the customer could have wanted one thing but keyed in the wrong item number on line). That means that 96 times out of 100, the order is just great. We always strive for 100% accuracy, but that's small comfort to the 4%!!

If you have a JoAnn's near you, take the whole box/package in to show them. If not, TAKE A PHOTO of what you received AND a screen-shot of what you ordered from the website, and email both of those to JoAnn's customer service department. Ask them to issue a call tag for the incorrect order (that's industry-speak for a return label that the UPS driver brings to your door to slap on the package when you hand it to him), and re-ship the order to you with no freight charge. Be advised that different companies have different procedures when it comes to this sort of error.

Remember, you'll attract more flies with honey than vinegar... So glad you were able to vent here before to talking to customer service. We're more than happy to listen to each other! Sadly, I know some customer service people who put paperwork from customers who yell or curse on the phone at the bottom of the "to-do" pile. Hope it all works out well for you.

SallyO'Sews
June 22nd, 2015, 11:57 AM
Also, Wendy, where I work, the people who pick orders for a living generally do not make a "living wage" (around here, $11/hour is just not going to support anybody), often have not completed a high school education, and some have trouble reading. They are trained to use those hand-held scanners to ensure they pick the right product, but on occasion either they misread what's on the list, or there's a glitch in the scanner. They are, however, on the whole, a very nice group of people.

Midge
June 22nd, 2015, 12:24 PM
I feel you. However, I fear that taking your order to a joann's retail store will only frustrate you more. They are separate operations. On two separate occasions while waiting in endless lines at j's I've seen people bring in grossly incorrect or in one case, an order for yardage that clearly was damaged when sent out and was completely unacceptable. The clerks really didn't care and used the broken record technique to inform the customer that they have to deal with online customer assistance, and j's doesn't take returns from online orders. It was pretty frustrating for those customers.

That said, I've never personally had an incorrect order from j's. But I tend to not use them online - I'd rather deal with smaller businesses for my sewing gear.

DebbieDoodle
June 22nd, 2015, 12:46 PM
Once I had ordered a cutting table from them. I received a notice saying that numerous orders were shipped out wrong, and if I got something I had not ordered, to keep it, let them know, and my order would be filled no problem. I got a box of scrapbooking items. I don't do any scrapbooking, and didn't know anyone who did, and emailed them that I would like to return it, rather than throw it away. I was able to send it back without any shipping costs to me, and received my order not long after that. I thought they were very nice, and the fact that they told everyone they could keep the items at no additional cost was very nice of them. so, I would contact them online. I think they will be very accommodating, even though it is disappointing for you.

bubba
June 22nd, 2015, 12:48 PM
Last time I ordered fabric from them, it was for an entire bolt of the black I use a lot. Came cut into three pieces!!!! The other time I had bought it, it came still factory sealed. Needless to say, I was not happy.

Bubby
June 22nd, 2015, 09:57 PM
I had bad luck with an online order once. I sent the whole order back to them. They never got a chance to goof up another order for me.

GrandmaE
June 22nd, 2015, 10:37 PM
I ordered one time and spent several hundred dollars on flannel when they had a doorbuster sale. Several items were out of stock and unfortunately the coordinating fabric came so was in a bind how to use it. I also had several pieces of fabric come in 2 pieces. They did add a little extra to compensate for this but that may not work for everyone. I also decided to not order flannel again as their quality is vastly different from piece to piece and I got stuck with 8 yards of flannel that is such poor quality I won't use it. I got it at a great price so shipping a bolt size package back would cost as much or more than I paid. You can't take online purchases back to your local store so I a m stuck with it.

goofyizzy
June 24th, 2015, 03:40 AM
I feel your pain. I have never ordered online from Joann, but a few weeks ago I placed my first order with fabric.com. They sent me the wrong charm pack. When I told them about it they re-sent it and sent me the wrong charm pack again. They were very nice about it, but what an inconvenience. Luckily, the charm pack I ordered was not for an immediate project, but if it had bben, the errors would have delayed me by about a month.