PDA

View Full Version : Monday

Blondie
June 22nd, 2015, 06:46 AM

Hello Folksies!
No time to sit, read and visit but just a quick heads up to know that I am alive and kicking; just up to my neck in life and more of the same. I am hoping to be able to log onto the computer later on. Hubs has been off all last week, so we were taking advantage of some time together to share our mutual goals.
Life is great, love is grand and boy howdy, has it been HOT.
Blessings to all. Smile! Below is my newest "selfie". Draw your own conclusions as to how busy I have been. Ha!

Iris Girl
June 22nd, 2015, 07:01 AM
Good Morning Blondie and all! So glad all is well in your neck of the woods Blondie you have been missed. Sometimes when life grabs you by the ankles and throws you for a loop you need to let go and enjoy the ride! Relax when you can and know you ware missed.
Not much in my neck of the woods. Fathers day was a great success. The weather even cooperated by raining before and after we did things. Work for me today and it looks like a hot sunny week ahead.
Hugs to all that need them.

Monique
June 22nd, 2015, 07:10 AM
Welcome back, Blondie. I figured you were really busy.

Very quiet weekend. AND a very quiet Father's Day for Les, but the boys did call.

Have a great day friends.

Bubby
June 22nd, 2015, 07:52 AM

Morning Everyone,

Good to see your smiling face today, Blondie.

Jeff had a good Father's Day, especially considering he isn't a father. He would have made a great Dad. We grilled steaks and puttered outdoors off and on. Jeff did a good amount of power washing on the patio. Today it's back to work for him and after work he has to get a hip x-ray for an upcoming appointment.

I got a bit of sewing done this weekend. It was nice that we didn't have any storms to force me to shut down. Now that the rain has passed we are dealing with the aftermath. Our grass is still way to wet to mow. Jeff cut a small area for the Girls.

I have loads of housework chores today so I need to get busy.

Have a wonderful day everyone....

Lori63
June 22nd, 2015, 08:19 AM
Good morning all! Yesterday ended up being fairly exciting for us, but not really in a good way. We went to my sister's to celebrate Father's Day and my BIL's bday. We got about a mile away from their house and a huge storm hit us. My 20 year old daughter was driving. Baseball sized hail hit us from every direction. It was raining so hard you couldn't see. She managed to keep the car on the road and we made it there safely, but that last mile was pretty nerve wracking. One of my other daughter's was already there so we have two cars with hail damage now:( . My car is only two years old so I'm pretty sad.

When we got home I decided to machine embroidery towels for a wedding present, my machine got caught up on something so the design got off and I ruined the towel. It's impossible to rip out. So I gave up on that and worked on my periwinkle quilt. It's been slow going since I only work on it every once in a while. But at least that went right, it was about the only thing that did yesterday:(.

But on the bright side, hubby had a great Father's Day!

Have a great day!

Ginny B
June 22nd, 2015, 08:39 AM
Good Morning all and good to see you Blondie. :) We had a nice day yesterday. Visits from dh's daughters with their hubbys and the grands. And we got our first picture of grandchild #3! Yes, one of the his daughters is expecting again (Max' mom) and it's a girl! Her name will be Lily Cecile (Cecile after the girls' mom) We are all very excited - well maybe Max isn't that excited yet. LOL

We did a lot of relaxing yesterday and bbq'd. The weather cooperated and it didn't rain until the evening when we were just sitting on the front porch. We were protected for the most part from the raindrops so we just stayed out there and watched the rain for a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day today. Time to get moving along here and get ready for work.

Amy R
June 22nd, 2015, 08:43 AM
Aww Lori so sorry to hear that. Baseball size wow, there's no dodging that.

Barb, Jeff might not have had human babies, but he has fur babies, and that counts in my opinion!!

Blondie, glad to hear from you lady.

We were treated to a relatively rain free day yesterday, the garage scraping came along nicely for the first day of it. We went and stuffed ourselves with italian food for father's day dinner, both DH and dad had their meal for free with a coupon a kind lady handed out before she left. Took about 25 off the bill!! Sophie made up for lost time with her tummy issues and ate half of DH's meatballs and had some spaghetti and chicken finger. She even tried salad !! Was a great end to a wonderful day.
I hid Dad's quilt in his tool box so it was a nice surprise. Let no one ever tell you they don't "need" their own quilt. They get giddy with delight no matter! LOL

Off to get dressed and maybe do some more scrape scrape.
Have a wonderful day.

SewnByBee
June 22nd, 2015, 09:05 AM
GOOD Monday Morning, Hope Everyone has a BLESSED DAY !!!

irishrn
June 22nd, 2015, 09:06 AM
Morning all !! Welcome back Blondie! Yes it sure is hot here in NC!! We have another week before it might drop below 90!!
Father's Day was fine for DH. Weather was hot but he did get a little time outside. DD and her BF brought pizza lunch and he enjoyed that. I planned ribs for him for dinner and he enjoyed that too. But sometime during the night poor DH was up and down with GI upset. Apparently he and the ribs didn't agree! It will be a clean up kind of day!! Poor guy! He's tired and weak. Need to keep a close eye on him!
Hope all have a good day!!

bhaggerty
June 22nd, 2015, 09:14 AM
Good Morning all!
Off to work soon! Mondays are no fun!
So sorry to hear about your awful day, Lori!
Father's Day was quiet here as well since DH was off at a weekend (3 day) fishing tournament with our oldest boy.
But, they came home with mountains of stinky dirty laundry! Washing machine has been running on overdrive since late last night! They got in around 8 pm.
Did manage to sew a little this weekend! Yay! Finished a UFO top that has been sitting for 2 years! Thank you again, April, for those RWB blocks! They were the perfect addition to the JRR gone bad!

off to swap out a load of laundry before I leave for work!

buckeyequilter
June 22nd, 2015, 09:16 AM
Good morning....

Have a busy, busy week ahead of me since I will be on vacation next week. This afternoon, tomorrow afternoon and all day Thursday I will be in training....so that really cuts into my time this week. Oh well, I'll do what I can and then next week I will forget I even have a job :)

I've started a new quilt and hope to work on that some more after work. I need to take a couple of evenings and get some things ready for a little girl that is coming to spend the week-end and wants to learn to sew :) Since she's only 4. I am going to get some pillowcases ready....except for the long side and bottom seams, which I will glue in place (no pins for her)....will let her have a go at those. I'm sure that will constitute making the entire pillowcase LOL

Well need to get moving here. Have a wonderful day!

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2015, 09:44 AM
She's BACK!!! Guess she can tell we've been concerned re her whereabouts. You give that little Blonde Blondie an inch and she runs with it!!

Training session with my new weed puller today. Keep your fingers crossed that he'll work and not goof off because he'd rather be playing games on his iPad.

That hail storm missed us here - we had about 3 minutes of hard rain and it passed by.

WendyI
June 22nd, 2015, 09:46 AM
Morning all. Blondie, nice to see your smiling face. Lori, sorry about your car, that stinks. Sometimes dents can be pulled? If they're not too sharp. Hopefully that's the case with your car. Eileen, hope DH is on the mend soon....poor guy.

Interesting weekend for me. Plans got cancelled Friday night but that was okay because I was quite tired. I made myself some chicken lo mein for the first time and it turned out pretty good! Then I cleaned my house. Then my good friend showed up and we spent the evening together which was nice. Saturday I went to visit my cousin who's son just had his first baby. It was a bit awkward as there were a lot of people there I did not know. Made and excuse to leave early and came home.

Then yesterday my ex showed up with a brand new Mustang Turbo....so there's the midlife crisis confirmed. He's enjoying being single I guess. It was nice to have my suspicions confirmed...doesn't make it better but maybe a bit more bearable.

Simply Quilting
June 22nd, 2015, 09:48 AM
Good Morning! On Saturday, we did a lot of traveling. Then Sunday, most of the day was spend recovering from all of the traveling. We avoided all rain and storms both Saturday and Sunday. Which was a good thing.

Today there are several things on the agenda but not sure how many will get done. Added to the day is a heat index warning so not sure how long we will be at the pool. Then it is suppose to cool off in the evening and storms are suppose to come in.

Have a great day everyone :)

JCY
June 22nd, 2015, 10:38 AM
Morning, All. When I think of Blondie, I remember her expression "heckfire shoot". I recently read a trilogy of books by Walt Larimore about his life as a dr. in Bryson City, NC, in the 1980's. He also wrote 2 other books about people & life in the Smokey Mts., based in the 1920's, prior to the Smokey Mts. becoming a national park, when the lumber companies were destroying the forests. He used the expression "heckfire", but without the shoot.

It's hot here, too. It was 100 deg. on our thermometer. We do not have central A/C but do have a swamp cooler that keeps the house comfortable.

I've been sewing burp cloths & hemming flannel for baby blankets. Another church baby shower coming up in Aug. I bought a large tote tub to put some of my finished quilts in. I won't put the lid on so the fabrics can breathe. I've run out of hanging space in my closets for quilts. I'll be gifting some soon, so that will help. I did no sewing for 2 wks. while I recovered from some respiratory virus.

DH sees the dermatologist today, which probably means another biopsy--right on the end of his nose. Another dr. appt. on Thurs. for G.I. problems. He's having a tough time of it. Lots of chronic problems & declining health. Growing old isn't for sissies.

I hope everyone has a good day.