PDA

View Full Version : Good morning

Ginny B
June 21st, 2015, 09:13 AM
It's a wet morning here. Not raining right now but I guess we got a good bit overnight. Maybe some sun later.

I finished the last of 2 dozen burp cloths last night and need to put a label on the wallhanging I finished earlier this week and then it's back to my lattice quilt. I also need to get outside and plant some flowers we bought Friday night. There are a few pots the that need filling so we picked up some Vinca and Marigolds and some pretty yellow Petunias that called to me.

Hope everyone has a good day today. And Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.

Amy R
June 21st, 2015, 09:17 AM
Parents got in safely yesterday evening, so a week full of family and house improvements await!

Sophie woke DH up at the crack of 5 this morning, LOL no rest for the weary. Of course it's hard if possible to fall asleep after that.

Have a blessed rest of the weekend.

Angelia
June 21st, 2015, 09:24 AM
Supposed to be hot again here today--*sigh*--I do not enjoy the heat.

Happy Fathers Day, everyone.

irishrn
June 21st, 2015, 10:03 AM
Good morning all! And Happy Father's Day to all the dads!
Another day planned near 100. This streak is now 11 days of high 90's to 100. Expected to last till at least next weekend. This weather is a killer for my eyes! We've had some decent humidity in the evenings prior to some T storms but we haven't lucked out with rain each time!
Post renovation clean up continues. Lots of laundry as I go thru clothes going back in the closet, as I sort out DH's winter clothes. Only way things will thin out is if I devide the seasons up. Once it's out of site he may forget he has it! Got thru 13 pairs of his jeans (and he needs all of them!!!) 11 pairs of shorts he doesn't wear and now working on shirts!! There's no room for it all!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Hugs to all who need them!

Lori63
June 21st, 2015, 10:13 AM
Good morning all:). I'm recovering from my long day at the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival. It was amazing! Go look at Sandy's pictures because there were beautiful quilts there. It made me realize just how new I am to quilting. Plus I came away with a lot of new ideas for future quilts. I fell in love with the long arm machines, now I dream of owning one!

Going to celebrate father's day at my sister's and BIL's. We are also celebrating his bday. Only two of our four kids will make it, one is working, the other out of town. But I'm sure we will have a great time. I think my sis is the best cook in the world, we will all come home miserable, but full.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Sandy Navas
June 21st, 2015, 10:33 AM
Yesterday was half a bust! I did some front yard clean-up and then pretty much collapsed after lunch. Al is getting ready to treat the deck and it needs major cleaning first. At least today it isn't supposed to get into the three digits here. Hopefully I will have enough stamina to get back in the sewing room this afternoon, instead of back in bed for a long nap.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Keep the smiles coming.

Monique
June 21st, 2015, 10:41 AM
Good morning. I am waiting on a friend, she's here now. Going to a garage sale. I picked strawberries yesterday, so today I will get those cleaned up.

Kids talked to their dad this morning. Other than that, not too much going on.

Have a great day friends.

Happy father's day friends.

Grandma Nan
June 21st, 2015, 10:53 AM
I am not writing much today. I have a trigger thumb. On Friday the dr. injected it and it is now way worse and more painful than before the injection and I have less movement. Never again for a cortisone shot for this gal.
Have a good day.

Cathy F
June 21st, 2015, 10:57 AM
Morning all,
Plenty of rain overnight hopefully it will start to clear off. Have the family coming for a BBQ later this afternoon may have to put them inside.
Have the London broil marinating, pasta and shrimp salad done, just have to do the baked beans, and tomato and mozzarella platter, and brownies for dessert, yum!
My husband hung my Baltimore Album quilt on the staircase yesterday for me it looks so nice! He says it's his favorite quilt I've made so far, what a sweetie!
Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Granny Fran
June 21st, 2015, 11:06 AM
I am not writing much today. I have a trigger thumb. On Friday the dr. injected it and it is now way worse and more painful than before the injection and I have less movement. Never again for a cortisone shot for this gal.
Have a good day.

Sorry about the shot...ouch!!! Remember, it only hurts until the pain goes away. Seems when I had my elbow done that it got worse before it got better. Hopefully you will be felling better later today.

Navy Wife
June 21st, 2015, 11:10 AM
DIL and her friend had a garage sale at our house Fri. and Sat. It was hot and sunny Friday, but a bit better yesterday. We had some rain showers, but we needed them. The ground is hard as a rock, and we have had to start watering shrubbery. It's back to heat today, and next week will be in the high 90's. I plan to hibernate and do some cleaning and sewing.

DS#1 took us out to dinner last night after the sale. DS#2 is furnishing dinner tonight after we take a ride into the mountains to show them a couple of places to camp. It should be a good day for DH!

If my mother had lived, tomorrow would have been her 100th birthday. Sadly she died 25 years ago. I still miss her and find myself telling her my problems. I even think she hears and answers me sometimes! Oh well, I never said I was completely sane...no quilter is!

Bubby
June 21st, 2015, 11:15 AM
Morning Everyone,

Wishing everyone a happy Sunday with special wishes for all the Dads. We will grill steaks later. It's going to be a simple day for us. Jeff was up all night with hip pain and I was up with him. I feel like a zombie today.

Navy Wife, I often feel like my Grandma Nan is listening to me. I miss her so much. She passed in 1997 and I felt like I lost my world.

Leslie333
June 21st, 2015, 11:19 AM
Good morning!

I went to a quilt class with a group from work yesterday morning. Might work on that table runner today...or may start quilting my bargello. I'll have to see what mood strikes when I get to sewing later.

It was great being at the quilt store Saturday morning. Three customers came in with completed quilts for show and tell and they brought each of them to the classroom so we could see them, too.

Hubby has requested ribs from a local BBQ restaurant for dinner, so easy peasy for me! Sounds like extra sewing time for me. :icon_happy:

Happy Father's Day to all the dads!

SewnByBee
June 21st, 2015, 11:20 AM
Good morning everyone, and Happy Fathers Day.
Finally made it to big sale yesterday. we had a water
pump go out on truck, so hubby had to take the car to
go get part.Had to wait and waiting isn't my strong suit.
Good finds.Got a bag for my sewing machine,
and a storage cart on wheels.If in the near future I get to
go to retreats, or classes, I can take my baby Liz with me.
One day sales get me, you know you can't sleep on it, No!
Now or Never! I'll put up pics in a little while, so happy I found
these grate deals and the fabric, well, lets just say the stash is
growing.Hope yall have a grate day!!!!!!!!

bhaggerty
June 21st, 2015, 09:42 PM
Bad storms yesterday and some power outages. All good today! Cleaning limbs out of the yard. DH and oldest son fishing today so fairly quiet here. Younger 2 kids playing quietly. I think I will have some tea😊