PDA

View Full Version : an Alex story.....

bubba
June 21st, 2015, 01:33 AM
You may remember this grandchild from the bullying incidents of last fall. She is now eight years old and heading into the third grade. Our oldest daughters father in law is in town from Phoenix for a visit and it is the first time we have met him. After MM and I spending the day w/her and her family, Tiffany and her girls met up with us and we had a large family dinner.

MM is looking at Alex and I hear him ask what she has on her face. All I can see is her put her face into her hands, hiding her face. I was sitting next to her mom, who started giggling and said something to the effect that Alex had done something and was embarrassed about it. I asked Alex what happened and she said she would rather not talk about it. So, her mother decided she could tell us that after she was sleeping last night, Alex got out of bed and decided she wanted lips like Kylie Jenner!!! Instead of using a bottle, she used the little glass she could find which was a shot glass and it looks now like she has a large circle hickey all around her lips that I'm sure will be there for at least a week! Alex then pipes up with 'it was a stupid decision I made that I will certainly live to regret!!' All we could do was laugh......I'm still laughing. Even funnier was she went on line to find 'magicial cures' for what she had done.....none of those worked!!!

Pictures were not allowed to be taken............

stationarymom
June 21st, 2015, 02:47 AM
That's something a lot of kids have been doing,some even causing permanent damage to themselves.

rebeccas-sewing
June 21st, 2015, 04:45 AM
I wish I could wrap my head around this "big lips" craze. I just don't get it. Of course there's a lot in today's world I just don't get. I guess I'm showing my age. hahaha

Monique
June 21st, 2015, 08:03 AM
Oh dear...........................

Andrea F
June 21st, 2015, 08:18 AM
Oh my, I hope she doesn't have to go to school right now.

Iris Girl
June 21st, 2015, 08:23 AM
Makes me wonder what goes through young peoples mind with so many disfiguring themselves in so many ways.

Deegles
June 21st, 2015, 08:47 AM
The big lips I hope is a phase that leaves quickly. I don't understand the need to mutilate ones self to look like a muppet. Hollywood loves to look grotesque, even Dolly Pardon looks a lot like these muppets and puppets.

Hulamoon
June 21st, 2015, 09:07 AM
My youngest did that, but it was just to be silly. She didn't know what was going to happen. It does't take very long for "results" lol

Amy R
June 21st, 2015, 09:13 AM
Oh yeesh. sounds like she learned from her mistake.

Grandma G
June 21st, 2015, 10:42 AM
You may remember this grandchild from the bullying incidents of last fall. She is now eight years old and heading into the third grade. Our oldest daughters father in law is in town from Phoenix for a visit and it is the first time we have met him. After MM and I spending the day w/her and her family, Tiffany and her girls met up with us and we had a large family dinner.

MM is looking at Alex and I hear him ask what she has on her face. All I can see is her put her face into her hands, hiding her face. I was sitting next to her mom, who started giggling and said something to the effect that Alex had done something and was embarrassed about it. I asked Alex what happened and she said she would rather not talk about it. So, her mother decided she could tell us that after she was sleeping last night, Alex got out of bed and decided she wanted lips like Kylie Jenner!!! Instead of using a bottle, she used the little glass she could find which was a shot glass and it looks now like she has a large circle hickey all around her lips that I'm sure will be there for at least a week! Alex then pipes up with 'it was a stupid decision I made that I will certainly live to regret!!' All we could do was laugh......I'm still laughing. Even funnier was she went on line to find 'magicial cures' for what she had done.....none of those worked!!!

Pictures were not allowed to be taken............

Tell Alex the only magical cure is time which I'm sure is moving way too slowly for her right about now. lol

bhaggerty
June 21st, 2015, 12:36 PM
Wow, she is only 8 years old and already worried about her lips?
I have 3 kids, ages 10, 12 & 14 years.
It seems like many of the parents are trying and encouraging their kids to grow up way too fast!
At 8 years old, I was still worried about someone breaking my crayons.

bubba
June 21st, 2015, 03:07 PM
It's really quite comical the things that go thru this childs mind! It did nothing to her lips at all, just put a large red ring about her mouth! About two years ago when her little friends started losing their teeth, she thought that sounded like fun (even tho none of hers were loose) so she somehow managed to pull one of her own! Took almost a year for the next one to grow in.....

Deegles
June 21st, 2015, 06:33 PM
Wow, she is only 8 years old and already worried about her lips?
I have 3 kids, ages 10, 12 & 14 years.
It seems like many of the parents are trying and encouraging their kids to grow up way too fast!
At 8 years old, I was still worried about someone breaking my crayons.

As adults sometimes we look way to much on the outside of the child and tell them how cute they are or how pretty their dress is. But, the reality is, we must teach our youngsters about beauty on the inside.

At 8 years old I can say that I kept my crayons in the box and unbroken and would have been very mad/sad if they did get broken. I don't recall every worrying about my appearance until I started wearing a bra. Then I noticed not very many people had freckles. With age comes wisdom and I now know that freckles were covered up with the spackle in hollywood to make all skin tones look the same. A child's mind is a blank slate and we write all over it for them sometimes ruining their innocence. TV has a HUGE influence on that blank slate.
It is so odd to me that self mutilation is so "in" with tattoos and body piercings and plastic surgery and botox. I know the hand I was dealt and have accepted that as fact. I guess if I was a youth today maybe I would understand more.

SallyO'Sews
June 21st, 2015, 11:31 PM
Awww, poor baby! But better to learn this sort of lesson at eight... Some of us don't learn until much later in life... :0

Peggi
June 22nd, 2015, 01:16 AM
If I could wish the Kardashians off the planet, they'd be on Jupiter right now...