PDA

View Full Version : Heading West tonight, prayers please!

RockinLou
June 20th, 2015, 10:53 AM
I haven't been very active this week because we are heading home and I've been busy with the final week of school and packing to go. All was going wonderfully smoothly until this afternoon...

At 4pm local time my son threw up all over me, fell asleep and then threw up again an hour later, also had terrible diarrhea. He's been sleeping soundly since the last incident, about 2 1/2 hours ago. I feel so bad for him, being sick is no fun, traveling isn't going to help. So if you could keep Bennett in your prayers today, I know this is not going to be a fun one for him.

I'll check in with you all when we land in Chicago on Sunday afternoon.

~Emily

Andrea F
June 20th, 2015, 11:00 AM
Oh dear, that's no fun for sure. Will keep Bennett in my thoughts and hope he feels better soon. Safe travels for you! And the most wonderful time at home!

songbird857
June 20th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Yuck :(. Praying for smooth travels for all of you!

Doloris
June 20th, 2015, 11:11 AM
had something similar Easter night. Lasted 24 hours for me. Hope it passes through him fast too. Just watch out for your daughter. Hubby got it about 2 days later

Sylvia H
June 20th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Keeping Bennett in my thoughts, and sending wishes for a safe and comfortable travel for everyone.

Granny Fran
June 20th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Keeping good thoughts for you and your entire family. Have traveled internationally with a sick child many years ago and understand the challenge you will be facing. May you all have a peaceful journey.

SewnByBee
June 20th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Blessings to you, Finnegan or anti- Nashua liquid from Wally World ( Wal-Mart) might help you on your trip home.
Stay Safe ! Will be thinking of you .

rebeccas-sewing
June 20th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Such a shame. I hope he feels better soon especially since it sounds like you'll be traveling soon.

Angelia
June 20th, 2015, 11:31 AM
Hope your trip home is smooth and uneventful--and that your son feels better.

quiltingtrish
June 20th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Prayers for safe travels and no more illness. You have a long weekend and will be looking forward to you letting us know you are all safe and sound.

Midge
June 20th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Oh, poor guy! Terrible to have to travel when sick. Hope he bounces back quickly and can sleep through most of the trip. Safe journey and welcome back!

klgls
June 20th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Said a prayer for Bennett and safe travels!

Sandy Navas
June 20th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Praying the trip goes smooth with no more upset tummies. It definitely isn't fun traveling when you don't feel well.

Marebear
June 20th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Prayers and good thoughts for a safe and fun trip and that your son feels better very soon!

bhaggerty
June 20th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Praying for your safe trip home!

Just think, you will be eating Cheeze-its very soon!

Grandma G
June 20th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Hope he feels better soon. Watch out for the rest of the family. It's never a good time for everyone else to catch what Bennett has but most especially now with all the travel plans in place. Good luck.

SallyO'Sews
June 21st, 2015, 12:17 AM
Praying for you, Bennett, and the rest of the family, Emily! Safe travels, and welcome home!

stationarymom
June 21st, 2015, 01:21 AM
Prayers for safe and uneventful travels.I hope Bennett gets better soon.

dwil23
June 21st, 2015, 02:14 AM
Poor baby. Will pray for a safe uneventful trip for you all.

mommamarsh
June 21st, 2015, 03:11 AM
Prayer and good thoughts on the way for your trip. And for you having to cope with it .

RockinLou
June 21st, 2015, 06:53 PM
I'm sitting in my hotel room in Chicago, checking in to let you all know that we made it safely.

Bennett was not sick again, though he slept most of both flights. Upon arrival my daughter got sick in the Passport control line. She had not slept much on the 2nd flight and so she is now sleeping it off in the hotel room. I'm pretty sure she will sleep most of the night. Now to stay up a bit and kick the jet-lag!! At least we are somewhere that we can all rest and be comfortable.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, it means a lot to have the support!

Doloris
June 21st, 2015, 07:19 PM
I'm sitting in my hotel room in Chicago, checking in to let you all know that we made it safely.

Bennett was not sick again, though he slept most of both flights. Upon arrival my daughter got sick in the Passport control line. She had not slept much on the 2nd flight and so she is now sleeping it off in the hotel room. I'm pretty sure she will sleep most of the night. Now to stay up a bit and kick the jet-lag!! At least we are somewhere that we can all rest and be comfortable.

Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, it means a lot to have the support!

so glad you made it almost without incident. I was afraid your daughter would get it too, but was hoping she would wait till you got to your hotel room at least. Oh well, at least it wasn't on the plane. Hope you and your DH don't get it, but at least it doesn't last long.

Angelia
June 21st, 2015, 07:29 PM
Did you get any Cheez-its and cherry Coke yet? :)

Glad you are all safe and resting.

easyquilts
June 21st, 2015, 08:43 PM
Emily.... So sorry your son is so suck.... Watch for dehydration...always a potential problem with fluid loss... Get him to drnk as much as possible.... Watch for a decrease in urine output..... If this happens, see a doctor right away...

Safe journey....

RockinLou
June 23rd, 2015, 04:57 AM
Did you get any Cheez-its and cherry Coke yet? :)

Glad you are all safe and resting.

Yes to: Cheeze Itz, Starbucks and some goodies from Trader Joe's. I haven't had Cherry Coke yet though.... Maybe today. We're now up at 3 am with jet lag. It's progress though, yesterday it was midnight.

The kids are feeling lots better, and my husband and I seem okay so far, though it seems to come on quick, fortunately it doesn't hang around either.

Sylvia H
June 23rd, 2015, 05:19 AM
Ugh! Jet lag. :0 You are up too early, when you really can't do much, and then you are tired before the end of the day, when you really want to stay up. I'm hoping the jet lag decreases, there are no more bouts of illness, and you and your family have a wonderful visit home.