PDA

View Full Version : This night owl trying to fluff out her feathers

Lightwriter
June 20th, 2015, 03:05 AM
Quiet here in the forest tonight. Really glad to say that yesterday was not as bad as I had thought. I now have a real appreciation for sedation dentistry. Hope getting rid of the two pesky teeth ENDS the tooth drama. Thanks for all the calming prayers.

Might pull out my hexies tomorrow if I am doing pretty well. Got to be still for a couple of days and that might keep my mind off things for a bit.

Hope all the other owls are calm, safe, and happy tonight. Hoo!

sewlucky
June 20th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Today I spent fighting yet another migraine. I'm about done with it, really. Bah.

I did feel well enough to sew toward the end of the day and I got another three blocks done for my Ballard Blocks quilt. I think I have about 3/4 of them done now. I also printed out a table with 81 squares in it and tried out some layouts as I think I will be able to sew together a several rows of the blocks while I wait on the last jelly roll to arrive. I'm getting excited to get this done!!

Tonight we watched the movie Life of a King with Cuba Gooding Jr. What a great show.

It rained tonight and hopefully that changed the barometric pressure outside and perhaps I will wake up headache free tomorrow. One can hope. If I feel well then I will finish up the rest of the second jelly roll and start sewing together some rows. I will take pictures and share :)

Off to bed I go. I'm glad it is the weekend!

Terri

stationarymom
June 20th, 2015, 03:15 AM
I didn't think any of the owls came out tonight.I hope your tooth drama is all over too.I don't think there is anything worse than a sore mouth.Your hexi's should keep your mind occupied are you sewing them by hand? I haven't attempted to do a hexi quilt yet but I would like to make a Grandmother's garden quilt.Everything is quiet in my forest tonight.I haven't figured out Father's day yet for my husband ,but then my kids can do that they are 29 and 24.

bubba
June 20th, 2015, 03:30 AM
Let's see, I worked on my NCW #5, I was unduly harassed by a woman known as Doloris (hee hee hee), I sewed some more and finally finished it then after being harassed yet some more (by the same woman!!), I made myself a waterboy!! Should have paid closer attention to the directions I wrote, or maybe my dyslexia hit, but I made the strap too short and had to lengthen it once it was done....oh well, it's for me.

We went to a Mexican restaurant we are known to frequent and they were out of what I wanted so I ordered something new. That was a big mistake! It was not till I was almost done with it that MM bothered to say that if you have only one bite and don't like it, you can get something to replace it for free....really????? You could not have told me before I choked down just over half of it? My tummy is having rumblies and I am pretty sure it's not happy.

Hitting the hay because we have plans for tomorrow....hoping for sun!

Andrea F
June 20th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Good morning night owls!

It's a gray day here, no sun anywhere and nothing blue in the sky. I'm fine with that for today, because then I can go into my basement and sew. I made my first NCW yesterday and have a date with another one today! I plan to also work on the quilt blocks for the sticks and stones quilt. First, I have to rip two blocks apart that are too narrow. Actually, Thomas is going to do the ripping for me. I bought a quarter inch foot and hope it works better than the other one.

I should work on something work related today because I have some work things to get done rather sooner than later (and yet another all-day workshop Monday and Tuesday) but I've decided to enjoy the weekend and sew and deal with the other stuff after the weekend, probably at night. (No, I don't have a sewing addiction. I can stop anytime and do other important things. Tomorrow. Or the day after tomorrow... )

Connie, glad your dentist appointment wasn't as bad as you feared it'd be.
Terri, I hope your migraine is gone for good when you get up.
Pat, #5? Wow! Where do I find the pictures? I want to make a water boy for me, too. I always carry water with me. I usually buy handbags considering if it will fit at least a small water bottle.

Have a great day everybody! See you later.