PDA

View Full Version : Snips and Snails or Sugar and Spice?

HandsomeRyan
June 18th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Tomorrow afternoon we find out if baby #2 is made of snips* and snails and puppy dogs tails or sugar and spice and everything nice.

*"snips" refers to the objects that children, particularly little boys, like to collect and carry around in their pockets such as rocks, buttons, and other small found objects. I'm a grown man and I still come home every day with a pocket full of snips.

My wife has insisted that this one is a girl. I honestly do not have a preference and will be equally happy either way. Our 16 month old son doesn't seem to have a preference either, although I suspect he's hoping the baby turns out to be a puppy rather than a baby person.

By this time tomorrow we should know the answer so until then post your guesses- boy or girl?

Nidan_07
June 18th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Well, Ryan. Seeing as little Wiggles won't be getting himself a puppy...... I think that you just might be having yourselves another little man. Whatever you are expecting, may he or she arrive safe and well.

songbird857
June 18th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Doesn't matter :)

Sandy Navas
June 18th, 2015, 10:02 PM
A cuddly, healthy baby is what I'll guess.

AuntieVic
June 18th, 2015, 10:04 PM
A bundle of joy, is my guess.

dwil23
June 18th, 2015, 10:06 PM
I say a girl. I said the same about GS#2, though. DS and DIL go tomorrow, too, for the official "gender reveal", but the last sonogram in early May was, shall we say, "quite revealing", and left no question in anyone's mind.

I'll be anxious to hear!

bubba
June 18th, 2015, 10:06 PM
I also guess healthy.....and cute! Are you sure you want to find out? It's the one true thing you can be surprised about.

Momofmonsters5
June 18th, 2015, 10:09 PM
I say have a happy healthy baby!! I had five and they are all half grown now I'm even a nana now.... Enjoy them, spend time with them and don't lose them to technology ( which just means limit technology) kids should play outside!! Congrats

Angelia
June 18th, 2015, 11:30 PM
When I was pregnant, I dreamed once that I had German Shepherd puppies!

Best wishes for a happy, healthy baby!

SallyO'Sews
June 19th, 2015, 01:22 AM
When I was pregnant, I dreamed once that I had German Shepherd puppies!

Too funny! When my sister was pregnant with her 2nd child, she dreamt she was in the recovery room after having given birth. The nurse walked in and said, "Mrs. C, you have a little girl, and she's doing just fine. However, we are a little concerned about the two monkeys..."

:lol:

stationarymom
June 19th, 2015, 01:48 AM
I say girl but only because that's what your wife has a gut feeling about.

Juliet Taylor
June 19th, 2015, 02:09 AM
Hope it's a girl for you wife :) Btw I could never wait 9 months to know if it's a boy or girl as I see a lot of people do nowadays!

Kgrammiecaz
June 19th, 2015, 02:56 AM
A mom knows. Going to be a pretty little girl.

rebeccas-sewing
June 19th, 2015, 04:02 AM
Glad to see you posting again, Ryan. Excited to hear the news.

redcaboose1717
June 19th, 2015, 04:17 AM
Juliet,
I had to wait for 9 months to find out what they were for the first 3 of our children. When I had my 4th child ( a boy...we have 3 boys and a girl...my girl is our second child ) I knew what he was way before he was born because I had an ultrasound like so many moms to-be have now. Back when I was pregnant with my son, the OB/GYN was extremely cautious when I was carrying our 4th child because I had been diagnosed with a chronic illness...and so every 6 wks I had to have an ultrasound ....Had I had it to do over again, I don't think I would have "asked" the ultrasound tech to tell us what the baby was, to me, it took all the excitement out of it when he was born...sort of like opening a Christmas package prior to Christmas !!! My DD took my advice and didn't want to know what her first baby was ( a little girl ) ...and afterward Emily Jacqueline was born she agreed that surprise was best.....She did know when her second child ( a boy )was born and agreed it wasn't as much fun like it was when Emily Jacqueline was born....
To each his / her own....but I think not knowing is more fun !

:D:D

Iris Girl
June 19th, 2015, 05:32 AM
A lovable bundle of joy is what you will get!

Andrea F
June 19th, 2015, 05:59 AM
I guess it will be a healthy, beautiful bundle of joy! My hubby said 'gender doesn't matter as long as the boy is healthy' when we were pregnant with DS#2.

buckeyequilter
June 19th, 2015, 07:06 AM
I'm going to say a girl....since that's what your wife is thinking. I didn't know what mine were until they were born....but my gut feeling told me what they were, and it was correct!

Monique
June 19th, 2015, 07:21 AM
I'll say healthy and it doesn't come with a handle. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_ rofl:

cyndiofthevortex
June 19th, 2015, 08:03 AM
A little girl with the nickname "Giggles"!

klgls
June 19th, 2015, 09:10 AM
I'm going with what Cyndi said "Giggles" - love it!!

dwil23
June 19th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Juliet,
I had to wait for 9 months to find out what they were for the first 3 of our children. When I had my 4th child ( a boy...we have 3 boys and a girl...my girl is our second child ) I knew what he was way before he was born because I had an ultrasound like so many moms to-be have now. Back when I was pregnant with my son, the OB/GYN was extremely cautious when I was carrying our 4th child because I had been diagnosed with a chronic illness...and so every 6 wks I had to have an ultrasound ....Had I had it to do over again, I don't think I would have "asked" the ultrasound tech to tell us what the baby was, to me, it took all the excitement out of it when he was born...sort of like opening a Christmas package prior to Christmas !!! My DD took my advice and didn't want to know what her first baby was ( a little girl ) ...and afterward Emily Jacqueline was born she agreed that surprise was best.....She did know when her second child ( a boy )was born and agreed it wasn't as much fun like it was when Emily Jacqueline was born....
To each his / her own....but I think not knowing is more fun !

:D:D

I agree. I didn't know with my first three, but did with the fourth. But, as you say to each his own....

WendyI
June 19th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Have to see a pic of Mrs. Handsome front, side and back before we can guess!! LOL! But I'm thinking gorgeous and healthy and loved for sure!

songbird857
June 19th, 2015, 01:54 PM
A little girl with the nickname "Giggles"!
Wiggles and Giggles...... Oh yes!

ejgilly
June 19th, 2015, 01:57 PM
I hope you have a healthy baby. Be it girl or boy, I know that it will be loved and cherished. And I like Giggles to go with Wiggles. :)
We are STILL waiting for our 1st grandbaby to be born (a boy), he is a little late. Was supposed to be born on Tues, but he is not quite ready. Will be here by next Friday for sure either natural or by c section.