PDA

View Full Version : done, done, and DONE!!!!!

bubba
June 18th, 2015, 07:58 PM
With the ripping apart of the pajamas!!! I sure hope the new material did not learn any bad language during the process :icon_surprised:

Hulamoon
June 18th, 2015, 08:01 PM
We must be having the same day.

bubba
June 18th, 2015, 08:16 PM
I meant to rip these things apart!!! They are the $300 pair the woman wants a copy made of.....so I ripped an old part apart to get a pattern, now I have to cut out all the pieces from the new fabric and hopefully get them together!!! First, I have to see if I can figure out to thread this serger I got a couple weeks back........

Vonnie
June 18th, 2015, 08:23 PM
I meant to rip these things apart!!! They are the $300 pair the woman wants a copy made of.....so I ripped an old part apart to get a pattern, now I have to cut out all the pieces from the new fabric and hopefully get them together!!! First, I have to see if I can figure out to thread this serger I got a couple weeks back........

Craftsy has a basic serger class. Don't envy you making clothes/p.j.'s though. Made DH a pair of pajama pant's using my serger. Good thing it cuts at the same time. Had to keep taking them in. I followed the pattern and measured his waist but the pants were really large!

Andrea F
June 19th, 2015, 06:01 AM
Good for you! Just make sure the threads are IN the tension discs when you thread it. Ask me how I know...

WendyI
June 19th, 2015, 09:58 AM
wow! Who the heck pays $300 for a pair of PJ's?! yikes! Good luck sewing a new pair!

bubba
June 19th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Wealthy people, I guess. I do not know her name, but was told I'd recognize it if I did....guessing it is Weyerhauser. Her husband is from a famous family, they live in a mansion and it's on a very exclusive lake. I'll let you know when I find it out.

Did I ever say she wants eight to ten pair???? And will pay $150 above the cost of materials???? She wants them made in the area instead of some third world country.

K. McEuen
June 19th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Pat, you should get some pattern paper and make a pattern off the old pair if you are going to make multiples. It would be easier to handle.

songbird857
June 19th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Pat, you should get some pattern paper and make a pattern off the old pair if you are going to make multiples. It would be easier to handle.
Karen is right - this will make cutting multiples muuuch easier!
Pat, that is great! I love that she wants to keep it local.

I really need to dust off my serger- I used to make my daughters' figure skating outfits and actually liked working with it.... So many projects and not enough time...

bscuzz
June 19th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Pat, could you sneak in an extra pair while you're sewing - you won't even notice an extra pair - then ship them off to NJ!?!?!?!?

bubba
June 19th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Here's the thing....she gave me this old pair so it could be ripped apart to make the pattern because these are the pair she likes and fits her best. They are size medium, I have no other sizes because I have no other pattern. We didn't even know how much yardage to use, so I looked at a pattern on my phone and we went from there....5.5 yards!!! For pajamas! From quilting cotton!!! She wants some from quilting flannel, but I only promised one pair to see how it goes.

Doloris
June 19th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Pat, could you sneak in an extra pair while you're sewing - you won't even notice an extra pair - then ship them off to NJ!?!?!?!?

NO NO NO!!!!! I already told her my size is med. Get in line :)

bscuzz
June 19th, 2015, 02:57 PM
As a kid that was my mother's 'stock in trade'! Someone would give her an item and ask how much fabric they should buy for her to make 'whatever it was' for them - mostly the younger folks! Some would borrow an item from a friend (which had to be returned) and want my mama to make the same for them. In those cases, she didn't even take it apart - I remember watching her lay it out on newspaper and cut a pattern, then sew it up - she just seemed to know how, perhaps from her mama.

bscuzz
June 19th, 2015, 02:59 PM
NO NO NO!!!!! I already told her my size is med. Get in line :)

Oops, did I cut the line??????? But I am medium, too - well, 2 extra pair maybe????????