PDA

View Full Version : Day 2, bedroom renovation. Floors are done!!!!!

irishrn
June 18th, 2015, 05:25 PM

Floors are done, furniture is in, bed is made.
( in case your wondering, there isn't a body in the bed, it's my fibromyalgia pillow which is a giant horseshoe pillow. I just love it!!

DH's night table before he's had a chance to put his stuff all over it!

The closet before DH get his stuff back in. It will not look this good again!!!

Glad it's finished. On to putting the room back together.

Ps curtains not going up till tomorrow. I'm worn out and don't wish to tackle that today! Guess DH will be waking up with the sun tomorrow!! LOL!!

Wendy: my kids have no idea what I have planned for their inheritance!!!!

bubba
June 18th, 2015, 05:46 PM
Did you do the floors or have them done? MM and our oldest did ours......I stayed out of there due to all the grumbling and pirate talk!

Vonnie
June 18th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Those floors are beautiful!

I wonder if I can talk DH into floors like these in the bedrooms. Be a lot easier to keep clean than carpet!

irishrn
June 18th, 2015, 06:29 PM
Did you do the floors or have them done? MM and our oldest did ours......I stayed out of there due to all the grumbling and pirate talk!

Pat, we had them done. Contractor that did our drive way and roof repairs has been so good to work with, that I took the opportunity to push DH for hardwoods. He said sure but then forgot he agreed! So it's been a battle but DH does admit they are really beautiful!
For me it has to improve the allergies I've been dealing with the past 18 months since I retired and in the house full time!!

Grandma G
June 18th, 2015, 06:50 PM
Looks fabulous. Hubby and I did our floors a year ago ourselves. Saved $6,000.00 according to the contractor and they look wonderful but OMG what a lot of work. We still have another bedroom to do but that is going to wait (it's where my sewing space is located).
Enjoy your new floor. You are going to really enjoy it!

Grandma Nan
June 18th, 2015, 07:10 PM
These are so beautiful. You must be so pleased with the results. I love it.

Amy R
June 18th, 2015, 07:38 PM
Awww how nice!! Enjoy!!!

Hmmm I need to look into the fibromyalgia pillow!

Sandy Navas
June 18th, 2015, 08:41 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!!

irishrn
June 18th, 2015, 11:42 PM
Awww how nice!! Enjoy!!!

Hmmm I need to look into the fibromyalgia pillow!

Amy, between the pillow and the heated mattress pad I can get several hours of decent sleep! I'd kill for an eight hour night!!!

ilive2craft2
June 18th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Love, love, love the floors, but I want to know more about that pillow! Once I am asleep, I am pretty good, it is just getting to sleep!

I know the hard floors will help with the allergies. Mine have been much better since we moved to this house, which does not have any carpet on the main floor and only one small part of the basement has carpet, but I am not down there much!

Simply Quilting
June 19th, 2015, 02:00 AM
Those look great. The boys have hard woods in their room and it made a huge difference with allergies.

Lightwriter
June 19th, 2015, 04:19 AM
We took up all our carpet several years ago and went to hardwoods. My allergy and sinus problems greatly improved.

I waved at you when we went through Harnett County on the way to the beach. I went to Campbell so I know the area.

Enjoy those floors!

irishrn
June 19th, 2015, 07:24 AM
Love, love, love the floors, but I want to know more about that pillow! Once I am asleep, I am pretty good, it is just getting to sleep!

I know the hard floors will help with the allergies. Mine have been much better since we moved to this house, which does not have any carpet on the main floor and only one small part of the basement has carpet, but I am not down there much!

This is the pillow I have. Now there are several companies selling them.
I need benedryl to get to sleep. But the pain would wake me up so I wasn't getting any quality sleep.
At least I can get a few hours at a time without the pain waking me up.

WendyI
June 19th, 2015, 09:56 AM
Eileen...the floors look amazing! You will enjoy them very much I know. I loath carpet...so unhealthy. However, when you have pets like I do, it actually helps keep the dust down. We had all hardwood and ceramic at our house and the dust and hair went EVERYWHERE! At my new place there is carpet upstairs and I have area rugs upstairs...makes a huge difference in keeping the dust at bay. But if you don't have pets...it's awesome! Congrats on getting it done...good luck keeping hubbies clutter down too....sadly I'm the one who creates clutter...which is bad since I'm the only one who cleans now!