PDA

View Full Version : can I vent please!?

WendyI
June 18th, 2015, 12:47 PM
In my job I have to do a lot of system testing. My testing involves other units on campus and we all have several test environments in which to test. If someone from student awards for example needs me to set something of mine up in one of the main test environments, I DO IT right away! I KNOW they need it done or they cannot proceed with their testing until I do which is very frustrating.

In March I asked someone in another unit to set their stuff up in the test environment because I am investigating a fairly serious issue and it directly involves their setup and mine. It's now almost the end of June and they STILL have not done this!!! Like seriously! She ignored me for two solid months until I finally met her in person at a meeting...and THEN started responding. NOW she is asking me to use another environment that is not recognized as a valid TEST environment for my stuff but is for hers, which means a lot of my stuff could not be functioning as optimally it should.

This has me so incredibly frustrated!!! I start my holidays on the 27th and really wanted to get this done before I go and I know that's not going to happen. So FRUSTRATING!

:icon_umpf::icon_angry::icon_angry::icon_angry::ic on_angry::icon_angry::icon_angry::icon_umpf:

Ok..thanks...just needed to get that off my chest!! Can I retire now?!?!

Amy R
June 18th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Super frustrating :(

rebeccas-sewing
June 18th, 2015, 01:13 PM
It's very frustrating when you can't rely on people, especially in your place of employment. HOpe you get it resolved.

SallyO'Sews
June 18th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Awww, Wendy... {HUG}

Go sip something cool and delicious on your new deck. And don't worry during your vacation - the work will still be there when you get back! :icon_happy:

alliek
June 18th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I feel for your frustration, so sorry. Try to relax, you need it! This too will pass. ((())

jjkaiser
June 18th, 2015, 01:40 PM
Tell her the time is expired and the space she wanted is no longer available. And don't feel guilty! You have to get your work done too!!

Sylvia H
June 18th, 2015, 01:57 PM
#1 - Ask her why she is unable to do as you requested. If she has a valid reason, can you work with her to overcome the problem and achieve your goal? If she does not have a valid reason, move on to #2.

#2 - Report the problem to your supervisor. Explain why you are unable to do what you are supposed to get accomplished.

Bubby
June 18th, 2015, 02:00 PM
I'm feeling your frustration....I would be very direct and up front with her. Tell her you have a deadline and see if she will cooperate with you.

Andrea F
June 18th, 2015, 02:32 PM
Oh dear, I would also tell her you can't do it and she needs to do it quickly in the initially required test environment because you have a deadline. Sending hugs and good vibes.

irishrn
June 18th, 2015, 02:36 PM
When I had to do any interdepartmental working on a project, I always gave them my "drop dead date".
This was the very last day that their piece must be done in order to meet my own deadline. If I needed 2 weeks to complete my part, I gave them a drop dead date of 4 weeks out. When I hit that drop dead date I notified the supervisor that the piece I needed was not completed and what was plan B!! That usually got things moving and back on track!
It is frustrating for you and it's time to push it up the chain!!
But it's also Thursday and the weekend is coming!! So hang in there!
We had a saying " you can't fix stupid, you could only sedate it!!"
HUGS!!!!!

Quiltfreestyle
June 18th, 2015, 02:52 PM
So sorry for your frustration,, I totally sympathize.
Not to change the subject but I just noticed that Wendy's avatar is showing on Irishrn's post just above this one. And Wendy's avatar on her original post belongs to someone else,,, weird....

Hulamoon
June 18th, 2015, 03:26 PM
You can't tell her the other one came first and your going on vacation?

Wwena
June 18th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I fell your pain, you know I do. Working with testing can sometimes be reeeeeeally frustrating. If it was important to me I'd be super sweet to her BUT I'd also stand by her computer until she had done it. :D

If she can't do it or won't, I'd escalate it if there was no other way.