PDA

View Full Version : It's Thursday JUNE 18

Monique
June 18th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Okay I WANT to know where has the time gone? It will soon be the end of June and I have nothing done to show for it. Holy crap.

Just read this morning about the shooting in Charleston, South Carolina. Just awful. Prayers going out to those affected.

Now about this dang bug bite of mine, this morning I have put a milk and bread poultice on it. Yesterday there was a large red ring around it, I would say about the size of the top of a coffee cup. Yes it was huge. I have a hair appointment later today and if it still isn't any better and I will see if I can get a squeeze in to see my Doctor.

Yes, I am getting a new do. Not sure what but I can't wait.

Not sure yet what my day will be shaping up to be. I may have to take Dougie to the city.

Have a great day friends.

Lori63
June 18th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Monique, could it be a tick bite? I thought they sometimes got rings around them.

I got no sewing done last night. My hubby had a softball game and I decided to go. It was so hot and humid out that by the time I got home, I just wanted to sit and bask in the AC. Maybe tonight.

Ginny B
June 18th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Good morning. Monique, I would definitely get that bite checked out. Have fun getting your new "do".

I finished sewing the binding down on a wall hanging I am doing for a new little girl. I will add some flowers to it, take some pictures and then send it to it's new home. I have some burp cloths to finish for the same order and then I'll move on to the next project.

Have a good day all

Iris Girl
June 18th, 2015, 08:06 AM
I would get that bite looked at just to rule out a tick bite. Gonna be a gray day here. Did some sewing on the jar quilt with all the gorgeous fabrics everyone is sending. Pics will come later. Good news is the new hard drive for my laptop today and my son will be putting it in and reloading everything back on. Will make my laptop virtually brand new. The long part will be getting windows back on and all its updates and my games and all their updates. Just thankful he could get the info off the old HD before it died totally. He had to do that using a totally different OP system...thank goodness he knows how to do this stuff.
Have a great day all. Monique hope they give you a great 'do and please share pics!
Hugs to all!

Bubby
June 18th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Morning Everyone,

This isn't news, but it's raining again this morning and is supposed to continue nonstop for a few days. They are saying we could get a few more inches out of this.

Monique, please get your bite checked out. You can't be too careful with these things. I was bitten by a brown recluse spider a few years back and it turned into an ordeal even though I got treatment early.

April, happy to hear your new drive got here and you will be 100% soon.

I got the living room more or less put back together yesterday and did the grocery shopping. The carpet is still damp in a few spots but we have so much humidity things aren't drying normally.

The big project Jeff has been working on was completed last night. He has worked at least 4 hours over every night all week. We don't plan to go to Cuba this weekend so he has time to rest up some.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday.

songbird857
June 18th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Morning all -
Monique - get that looked at, please... especially if you've been feeling more tired than usual. Tick bites are nothing to play with. My daughter got bitten years ago and got the trademark ring (not always a perfect circle...). Doc put her on 2 weeks of antibiotics.

Finishing up the outer border on my quilt today, then on to sandwiching the beast :)
Here is a sneak peek ;)
Have a great day everyone! Ciao...

Grandma Nan
June 18th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Good morning- I think. I'm having a hard time waking up. Only on my 1st coffee and just sitting here desperately trying to keep my eyes open. I'm hopin' the caffeine kicks in soon. Today is the start of our local shop hop- Kingston, Harrowsmith, Brockville, and Prescott. The quilt is called "Star Light, Star Bright" made with the new Cosmos Fabric Line. It is a fun day going around to collect your pieces of the quilt at the 4 shops. Each shop puts it together in a slightly different way so you can choose which way you would like the quilt to turn out. Fun.

I am just hearing of the unfolding events in Charleston and my heart goes out to those affected by this horrible event.

Hope the folks here are doing ok on this Thursday morning and (thanks Monique for getting us started) and that we hear from our Blondie again soon. Monique, does your ring around look like a bulls eye with the outer circle and a red centre. That is one of the classic signs of a tic bite. Please look after this as soon as possible.

Have a smiley day, I know I will try. I'm shop hopping so no need not to smile. Stay safe and be happy.

bhaggerty
June 18th, 2015, 09:15 AM
Good Morning!
Today is my birthday!
Today is going to be a jammed pack day for me as well.
On vacation today, supposed to be relaxing at home and..
One kid has camp from 9-12
And then 2 basketball games and 1 volleyball games for the kids!
It will be busy, but so fun! I love to watch them play!

Monique - would get that checked out - does sound like a tic bite.

Rainy day here again...
Hope you all have a great day!!

Simply Quilting
June 18th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Good Morning! Looks like we are in for possibly more rain today. I am hoping that it holds off until oldest ds gets to do his activities with the youth group this morning. They are going to play frisbee golf. Our grass, trees and flowers look beautiful from all the rain. The grass has grown so quickly that it looks like a person needs to bale it, not just mow it. Not sure if we will get to go to the pool this afternoon or not as with everything else this spring, it depends upon the weather.

Last night I did get all of the pieces pressed that I am working on. And might try to sew on them today depending up on what goes on today.

Monique, please do get your rash checked out. One of the things that I learned is the bullseye rash from a tick bite can show up anywhere on the body, not necessarily at the site of the bite.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

Amy R
June 18th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Happy birthday Bhaggerty!!!!!

Angelia
June 18th, 2015, 09:41 AM
Happy Birthday, bhaggerty. Today is my mom's birthday, too. Yesterday was my dad's--I miss him!

Cloudy and rainy here today--maybe I'll read a book and relax a bit. :)

shermur
June 18th, 2015, 09:51 AM
Happy birthday, BHaggerty!

Today would have been my Mother's 71st birthday.....it doesn't seem real that she's been gone 12.5 years.

Still trying to unpack and organize the new place. Good news,...we got our down payment back from the heinous former landlord we paid on the former house. What a relief.

The new job is going great, the new house will be great and life is finally getting settled here in River Valley after a year!!!!!

sewbizzy
June 18th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Happy Birthday BHaggerty!!

Sandy Navas
June 18th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Headed out to spend the day with Li'l Sis and our semi-adopted Middle Sis (no relation, never lived together, just someone we have known all our lives and love like a sister . . . the best kind).

Missing our little Blondie and hoping all is well. I don't like to call when I know she's up to her a$$ in alligators and all she's trying to do is drain the swamp.

Mourning for our friends in South Carolina. This nonsense has to stop!! Nothing warrants this behavior. Nothing!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, productive, fun-filled day full of good health, wealth and happiness. Oh, and SMILE (Blondie says).

irishrn
June 18th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Good Morning all! Happy Birthday Bhaggerty!
Survived a wicked thunderstorm last night but not without drama!! Poor Casey shook the whole time and with all the furniture in the living room from the bedroom renovation he couldn't find a place to hide! DH decided he had to go out and cover up the lawn mower at 1am in the dark with lightning everywhere! Couldn't convince him to just leave it uncovered, so he came back in soaked and cranky!
He didn't go to bed till 520am and the workman just arrived for day 2 of hardwood floors going in. It's gonna be one of those days where I feel like I'm in the salad spinner!!!
Hope all are doing OK with the TS Bill and not experiencing flooding! This summer is really causing problems all over!

dwil23
June 18th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Monique, I am with everyone else - get it looked at ASAP . What about a walk in clinic if you can't get into your own doctor? I don't know about ticks, but spiders can also leave large red rings around their bites. They can then become infected with MERSA - a nasty virus you never get rid of.

I too can't believe we are nearing the halfway point of 2015. Hope everyone has a blessed day - prayers for those in need.

WendyI
June 18th, 2015, 11:17 AM
So tragic what happened in Charleston...I will never in my life understand this kind of violence or war for that matter. Why can't people just leave each other alone? So heartbreaking.

I went to bed last night at 8 p.m. Could hardly keep my eyes open. With this weather fluctuating so much over the past few weeks I've been battling constant headaches. Getting really exhausting.

Preparing this weekend for Liam to be gone for three days next week on a school trip....sure will be lonely for me. :( Then the following week will be getting prepped for our two+ weeks vacation. Driving to Montreal, then to NB, PEI and NS, then back to Ontario. Haven't decided yet if we will come back through Main but am considering it.

Thinking of everyone again today who is struggling with illness and sending love. xoxox

Carrie J
June 18th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Morning All!
This week has just sped by! Having a break in the rain right now, but more showers coming in. Sunday will see Bill well on it's way out. The SC incident is such a sad, and deplorable statement of the times. Just horrible! I'm really beginng to think that Society as a whole, is caving in on itself. Those poor folks are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bernadette, hope you have a great day and Happy Birthday to you!!:D.

Enjoying a late wake up, another no pressure day of sewing here, then to get thru Friday and Saturday! Coffee truly is the nectar of the Gods! Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those in need. :D

Genny
June 18th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Monique please go to the doctor to check this out. I'm putting a couple links on here for you to check out. One is pictures of deer tick bites and beware...some of them are gross. The other link is a little info about what Lymes Disease can do to your body. I'm not trying to scare you by showing you this...its just a precaution.

lymes disease bulls eye - Yahoo Image Search Results (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrBT8OP3YJVlhsAc3LBGOd_?p=lymes+disea se+bulls+eye&fr=ipad&fr2=piv-web)

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/