PDA

View Full Version : Niagara Falls

Claire Hallman
June 17th, 2015, 06:52 PM
I am heading to Niagara Falls on Saturday and coming home late next Wednesday. Because I will be with non quilters I am thinking I will limit my shop visits to just one.:icon_neutral:

If you could only choose one quilt shop in that area which one would you visit?

redcaboose1717
June 17th, 2015, 06:58 PM
No advice about quilt shops....but when I was a kid my parents spent several years going to Canada to Niagara Falls for vacation ( we spent 3 wks per year there ) .....there's so much to do there....One of the best places to eat is a restaurant called Falls Manor ....there's a motel there too, under the name of Falls Manor Motel...it's on Lundy ( or Lundy's ) Lane.....The restaurant is known for it's Broasted Chicken.....( I have a friend who lives in Fort Erie Canada, and she just sent me a photo of the restaurant & the chicken dinners she and her DH ate there ( just to tease me of course ! )
I can't imagine my mom taking us to the china and glassware shops that were there ...we were only 9 & 11 that first year, but we had so much fun !! There's so much to do there.....I would love to go back.
Have a great time

Sandy Navas
June 17th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Claire, I think your friends just have to be converted and introduced to quilting so you can explore every shop around!!

Have fun!!

SewnByBee
June 17th, 2015, 09:29 PM
I don't know that ares Clair, sorry. If I could only do one , I 'd find the Biggest one. HeHeHe!

Ahamblin
June 18th, 2015, 01:06 AM
I would also check out St. Catherines. Its a short easy drive and there may be shops there.

Andrea F
June 18th, 2015, 01:46 AM
Obviously I have no idea about quilt shops there, but I wish you a wonderful trip and safe travels. Have fun!

Monique
June 18th, 2015, 05:41 AM
You will be just in time for the Row by Row. I googled shops near Niagara Falls.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=quilt+shops+near+niagara+fall+canada&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=HYSCVfDXCoGa-AGC-pfwAw

Claire Hallman
June 18th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Thanks folks, I had Googled it and it looks like there are several there thus my question about the best one.
I don't think I will have any luck making quilting converts with the group but that is a good idea. My DH is pretty patient about my addition.
Thanks for the restaurant recommendation, too.

WendyI
June 18th, 2015, 11:24 AM
I live an hour from Niagara Falls Canada and hardly ever go. I know St. Catherines is a lovely town but have no idea about Quilt shops there. Sorry I can't be of much help but wanted to say enjoy your trip!!