PDA

View Full Version : End of day 1 renovation in master bedroom!

irishrn
June 17th, 2015, 06:50 PM

Quitting time! Will be back tomorrow to finish room and closet.
Same flooring will go in living room next month! First I have to paint it!! OMG!!!
Will be glad when I get the bed back. Till then I'm sleeping in the recliner. DH got the couch!!

kensington
June 17th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Pretty wood floors! You will enjoy them!

Sandy Navas
June 17th, 2015, 08:05 PM
WOW - you have no idea how badly I wish I had put wood in our bedroom when I did my renovations. Love your choice.

We'll all celebrate with you when your house is all done!!

SewnByBee
June 17th, 2015, 08:55 PM
Looks grate, I love my hardwood. Did you get the wide planks? I do wish I had the wide ones only because they look so rustic.

Carrie J
June 17th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Eileen, it's looking wonderful! My back is aching for ya on the "recliner" thing! Would love to do this throughout my house! :D

irishrn
June 17th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Thanks!! We had the choice of 3" , 4" , or 5". We chose the 4 inch. It's hickory wood in the color called saddle!
The contractor lives across the street and treats everything he's done for us likes its for his own home! We are very lucky!!
Getting the bedroom emptied was a nightmare with 19 years of living with a hoarder. The rug had to be that old if not older. But DH refused to allow it to be changed. But now he's 84 and doesn't remember anything so I keep telling him it was his idea!!!
Mama didn't raise no fool!!!!!

SuzyQue
June 17th, 2015, 10:42 PM
This is a major project we are considering for our old home. Our oak floors probably can't be saved as easily as we could just replace with much better finishes. Your floors look awesome and it is making me quite envious!

Genny
June 17th, 2015, 11:03 PM
I love wood floors and yours are beautiful.

mommamarsh
June 18th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Wish I could put wood in living room and bedrooms but DH only wants carpet. Maybe I should let him clean them ! Your room is looking great!

Andrea F
June 18th, 2015, 01:45 AM
The floor looks great! Love the wood. Can't you put your bed back up and put a cover over it during painting?

stationarymom
June 18th, 2015, 01:58 AM
Your hard woods are beautiful! I understand your pain about living with a hoarder (I have one of those.I'm going to remember your little trick but with my luck I'll be the one that can't remember)

Quiltfreestyle
June 18th, 2015, 02:06 AM
Your floors look awesome,, we put in hardwood floors throughout the house a couple of years ago, except for the kitchen & bathrooms. Absolutely love them!!! So much easier to clean & a lot less allergens trapped than the old carpets.
Just don't use furniture polish on them, makes the floors EXTREMELY slippery. LOL. Ask me how I know,,,

Simply Quilting
June 18th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Those floors look so awesome. We put flooring down in the kitchen and 2 of the bedrooms. I love how easy it is to clean.

WendyI
June 18th, 2015, 11:22 AM
What a great way to spend your kids inheritance! You go girlfriend! LOVE IT! xox

alliek
June 18th, 2015, 01:46 PM
We bought our home that had wood floors in the kitchen and hallway and den, carpeting in all the rest. We "wooded" two of the bedrooms and the rest of the house (except for my mom, who opted for berber) . I Love them. Less dust, they clean easier, and look wonderful. You can always "warm" them up if you want with a throw rug. Nice floors,! You will be pleased I'm sure.