PDA

View Full Version : Cracked iPad

Pandabear
June 17th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Ugh.. cracked the screen the other day and am waiting for the replacement to arrive. It's killing me not having my iPad at my side.

I just bought a new Craftsy class!! I know I can watch on my computer, but it's so much easier on my iPad. I came *thisclose* to 'appropriating' my husband's Surface but I didn't. I told myself I'm not addicted to my iPad and would prove it.

yeah... not so much.

KnitWitRosie
June 17th, 2015, 01:07 PM
I know the wait has to be killing you!!! I would feel lost these days without my iPhone and my iPad! Sad how we become so reliant on such things! Lol. I think back on 10 years ago and wonder how the heck I functioned. Ha ha ha

Which class did you get?

sewlucky
June 17th, 2015, 01:11 PM
I took my iPad to Denver and didn't use it once, but when I got home yesterday I wanted to sit on the couch and read the forum with it and it is toast :( Keeps asking for Activation. I have totally restored it three times and it still won't get past the Activation thing. It is going on 6 years old though and gets a lot of use. I think it is done for :(

Hope yours arrives soon Pandabear!

Terri

Cathy F
June 17th, 2015, 01:17 PM
I dropped my tablet last year and was so lost without it until the new one came, so I can sympathize with you.

songbird857
June 17th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Mine has been cracked for over a year... still works and is not so bad that I can't see... it's the first one, so there is no replacing it :) it works for what I need :)

bubba
June 17th, 2015, 02:35 PM
When we travel now, all I take is my iPad. So much easier to lug around than my laptop! When we went to Hawaii and MM was pushing me around in a wheelchair (his idea, not mine), I would take it with me and use it as a camera. It takes wonderful pictures! I also got the wireless keyboard that goes with it. I keep mine by my sewing machine as it does not take up much room. When I'm in front of the TV I still use my laptop.

Pandabear
June 17th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Not here yet!! My boy is helping me clean up my sewing room while I wait. He is of the 'don't keep anything you don't need' school of thought. I'm 'but I might need that!!!' school of thought.

I'm not sure I'm winning.

The Craftsy class I bought is Zip It Up by Joan Hawley. It's on sale for a bit. I already have the patterns for, and have made, two of the three bags. But I believe she is going to eventually do more classes and wanted to see what sort of teacher she is.

Lazy Girl Designs is my most favorite bag pattern designer. If Pink Sand Beach Designs ever does a class I'd buy that too.

easyquilts
June 17th, 2015, 03:34 PM
I admit it.... I'm addicted to having my iPad with me at all times.... Before I got my iPhone, which I really a small iPad, I would have a terrible time if, for some reado...usually needing a new cord... I would be miserable without my trusty iPad..

You just get so used to being able to access information, connect with people, play favorite games... My sister us the same way...

I would be devastated if something happened to Buddy.... I coukdn't afford to replace him... , and my iPhone is hard to use, because of my vision....

Buddy has been dropped...a lot.... over the years... I keep wondering when he will simply stop working...

Life be gore Budfy? I can't remember....

Andrea F
June 17th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I also take my ipad with me when I travel. I don't have internet unless I have wifi somewhere but I have books on it, music, games, tv shows or films. I love it. I just said to DH the other day that I'd need a new one if this breaks. I hope your replacement comes quickly!

Pandabear
June 17th, 2015, 08:23 PM
It's here!! Just finished restoring from a back up and almost all is well. One game is giving me fits but I don't care.

I updated a few of my apps, one being the MSQC app. Holy cow... The tutorials are there!! I'm going be loving that app.