PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday has come again.

Monique
June 17th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Good morning. I hope our Blondie girl is not working TOO hard.

Yesterday was a relatively quite day. I drove Dougie to his cottage, as he is having quite a time with the breathalizer machine in his vehicle. Shuttle will pick him back up later this afternoon. I quilted in the morning and did a few errands but aside from that not too much.

Today doesn't seem much like anything either. I seem to be in a funk. I just can't get started on anything. I know the spirit will move me at some point.

I was bit on the arm by some kind of bug while cutting the grass on Tuesday. It is extremely itchy. Not sure if it was a deer fly, horse fly or spider. I have put all kinds of cream on it and it is still itchy. I read on the internet that heat may do the trick. I will dry the hair dryer later and let you all know if it works.

Hubby is doing double shift today. Working with a friend all day and then bar tending this evening.

Finally have a hair appointment for Thursday. I am getting a new hairstyle, just don't know what it is yet. Hairdresser has carte blanche.

Have a great day everyone.

Bubby
June 17th, 2015, 07:45 AM
Morning,

I use rubbing alcohol on most things that itch, and believe me we have a wide assortment of things that bite us. I think the worst for itching are chiggers, but alcohol takes care of them.

Yesterday I cleaned the carpet in the front of the house. Also washed the curtains and cleaned the windows again. My how noseprints accumulate around here. I will put the living room back together today and I also have to make a run to WalMart for a few things. We are supposed to get "torrential rain" tomorrow and Friday.

Jeff had to work late again last night and again tonight on the dishwasher project at work. He comes home worn to the bone and showers, eats a light bite and drops in bed.

I got some backordered fabric from M* yesterday. I want to make the Floating Block quilt sometime soon. I love the look of linen quilts and this will be my first.

I hope our Blondie is doing okay. Wishing everyone a blessed day with hugs.......

Monique
June 17th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Barb, I tried that last night, it did not do a thing. I just tried the hair dryer and it seems to have worked.

Ginny B
June 17th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Good morning all. Just a quick pop-in to say hi and hope everyone has a great day. I've got a bunch of things I want to get done before heading to work so I'm going to get myself in gear.

{{{Hugs}}} to all who need them. Have the best day possible.

Lori63
June 17th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Good morning everyone:icon_wave: The only sewing I managed yesterday was sewing the binding on a baby quilt and I only got the front done. Hopefully tonight I can flip it over and get the back done.

Monique, hope your bite is better soon. I woke up in the middle of the night with my whole body itching. When I got up this morning I noticed I have red blotches everywhere on my torso, the palms of my hands itch something awful too. I must have gotten into something yesterday. I did try on a lot of dresses for an upcoming wedding, maybe there was something on one of them. I know I can't take benadryl because it puts me right to sleep and I have to work 10 hours today.

Barb, is it flooding in your area yet? Our rivers are to the banks but not over yet.

Have a good day everyone!

MRoy
June 17th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Good morning! It's foggy here after having thunderstorms yesterday evening. We've been having afternoon storms just about every day for a week. I've got a guild quilt that I need to find backing for so I can get it on the frame and quilted. It's made with 30's reproduction fabrics and I'd like to find something 30'ish for the back too. I thought I had a piece that would work, but it's not quite enough fabric. I may have to go to my favorite local fabric store!

Angelia
June 17th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Cooler here for a couple of days, but the humidity will remain high with the rainy weather. I'm planning to baste a quilt today--hope the glue will dry!

Good day to all. :)

songbird857
June 17th, 2015, 08:45 AM
Mornin' all,
I do not like bugs. Nuff said.
So, I finished piecing the center of the top yesterday, and got one side of the border on.... boy, it sure is different manipulating a queen sized quilt as opposed to baby or lap size - I'm gonna need a bigger sewing room ;)
Another side of the border is pinned and ready to be sewn this morning. My plans are to finish the first border, then put it up on my wall to finalize the design for the outer border (using the remaining HST's for that). I have a week and a half to finish this bad boy. Quilting it should be fun...
I did indulge in today's daily deal - still have one gift card left from Mother's Day so I bit into that one for it. I was a good girl and didn't buy anything else though - I want to wait for a layer cake that screams BUY ME!! to use the rest of it :)
Have a fab day everyone...

Grandma Nan
June 17th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Good morning dear ones
So good to hear from everyone this morning. The weather here is really beautiful and warm. I desperately want to sew but I also want to be outdoors. Maybe I should just move out to the deck and sew out there. It seems like a lot of work to move things out so maybe I'll just have to postpone my sewing til later in the day.

Yesterday we had our last guild meeting (pot luck dinner)til September. Everything is closing down til September but still lots of quilt shows, shop hops and soon the row by row starting over the summer. I've taken on the Quilts of Valour for our group so looking for any ideas and searching around for some appropriate fabrics for our Canadian Vets who have been injured in the line of duty, so I am really looking forward to that.

Well enough said. Monique, I hope that itchy bite settles down soon. Those can make you crazy. Blessings and healing words going out to those who are ill or experiencing troubles. Hugs to everyone and have a great Wednesday.

Sandy Navas
June 17th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Myrna, it's foggy here, too!! We've had so many roads washed out with flooding. Can't get to my sister's house without going miles out of the way. Farmers can't get in to finish planting. And more rain expected.

I think (??? - considering the benefit from trying) that I'll try getting some weeds pulled today. Not looking forward to that though. If I come in early (and I probably will) I'll head to the sewing room and go around in circles.

Sending special thoughts and prayers for our missing friends and forum members. Hugs to all.

pcbatiks
June 17th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Good morning, friends.

Yesterday, I spent the day trying to get rid of the blahs. The rain cleared out late yesterday afternoon.........so I went to the monthly guild meeting & was glad I did. Guess what......I won the door prize........$20 gift certificate to our LQS! WooHoo! Dorinda Evans was our guest speaker......and she had lots of beautiful quilts to show us........a lot of them showing ways to use the 60 degree triangle.

Monique........I know the hair dryer trick works temporarily for poison ivy.

Hope everyone has a great day!

WendyI
June 17th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Morning all...well I just had a nice surprise...thought it was Tuesday today! So GLAD it's Wednesday.

Last night I attended my 25th anniversary dinner here at work. There were about 20 or 30 members who were celebrating 25 years, 15 or so celebrating 35 years and about 10 who had 45 years or more! That will be me one day I'm sure. It was bitter sweet as I did not have Scott to go with me so had to take a friend and of course everyone I ran into knew that I was divorced already...I guess that made it a bit less awkward. It made me recognize all the future milestones that I will have to face without him all over again so it was a sad evening and I'm a bit down today. Will be glad when the weekend comes.

Thinking of everyone who needs love today and sending lots your way! xoxo

Navy Wife
June 17th, 2015, 11:32 AM
I've had a busy morning. I've already had a colonoscopy and breakfast. All is well, and I told my doctor that is the last one. In 10 years I'll be 87, and I don't intend to go through that again at that age!

Since I was up most of the night, I think I'll go take a nap.

Simply Quilting
June 17th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Good Morning! Last night I finally made my way back to the sewing machine. I worked some on one of the projects that I am doing. After I sew a button back on dh's work pants and finish a report, I am hoping to get to work on the project some more. Other than that, it is a quiet day that hopefully, can stay that way.

Have a great Wednesday everyone :)

Carrie J
June 17th, 2015, 12:25 PM
Morning All! Sheets of rain here due to Tropical Storm Bill.......would like to kill him right now, HA! So sewing it will be today! A quick "Hello" and off I go. Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them! :D

Dollyquilts
June 17th, 2015, 01:02 PM
I know I can't take benadryl because it puts me right to sleep and I have to work 10 hours today.

Lori, try a nondrowsy antihistamine. I don't know which one it is, but there is one that takes a week to begin to be effective. Just be careful not to buy that one.

Hope you get some relief, and Monique does as well. Nothing is more miserable than an itch for which you can't get relief. We've had so much rain down here in Houston that the mosquitoes are horrific. I take a page from My Big Fat Greek Wedding and spray Windex on mine, as well as a squirt of lens cleaner I have on my desk.

Barb, are you getting the remnants of Tropical Storm Bob? I haven't had anything here but some rain, and not that much rain really. I hope I don't live to regret those words because it's still raining off and on here.

quiltingtrish
June 17th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Happy Wednesday everyone - especially Wendy who thought it was Tuesday. Just one day closer to the weekend!

I was waiting for DH to help me with the small area of the basement that needs boxes and plastic tubs gone through, but since he is busy helping that older couple clear out their stuff, I decided to start it without him. I put all the toys we are hanging onto in one area, found 2 containers of albums of mine (just need to buy a new needle for the turntable), all the computer stuff that should probably go in the garbage all on one shelf, labeled other containers, and now need him to go through his boxes. He only has about 2 shelves to check and the basement is done.

We have a container (huge tub of it) of his moms old linens. Everything from tablecloths, to doily's, to table runners, etc. What do you do with them all? The tub is packed full. I guess I will have to bring the container upstairs to see what's all in there and see what I can come up with. I could also see if my 2 sister in laws would be interested in any of it. I best ask DH first though.

I also pulled out his mom's crazy quilt that is falling apart. I told him that to leave it in the plastic bag is just criminal so I'm going to pull it out tonight and see if there is anything worth saving. I did mention that I might have to cut some parts of it (it is really bad) to use for making pillows or a small lap quilt - but to leave it as it is - well, that's just wrong - and he agreed.

Off to the quilting room downstairs. I should be outside since it's such a beautiful day but I finished all my weeding yesterday so think I will enjoy the sunshine pouring in through my windows and doors.

Prayers for those missing around here - hope all is well.