PDA

View Full Version : Asendia for international shipping???

MaryD
June 17th, 2015, 01:39 AM
My last two shipments from MSQ have been sent via Asendia. I'm assuming that Asendia might be being used for international shipments.

Has anyone else found that it takes much longer for their goodies to arrive?

I didn't keep the details of my first Asendia package, but it took almost a week longer than usual, mainly in the Hamilton to Chicago part of the trip where it was handed over to USPS. After that it was handled at a fairly normal pace.

My latest shipment was shipped (how I love those emails) on 12th June a 11.15am. At 16th June a 8.14 it's stilll in transit to carrier's US operations facility.

I'll be keeping notes on it's progess and emailing Al about it when it arrives. But I was wondering if anyone else has found their intenational packages are slow in arriving.

What makes it worse - it's the 10 yards of Pepper Kona that failed to arrive last time.

Wrenmuzz
June 17th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Hi Mary D. I have just placed my first order since the change of carriers, I am curious to see how long it will take compared to UPS who were very good. I know it took longer for the tracking ability to kick in this time than previously. It usually takes 10 days approx so I'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed it's not going to take an age.

BillNye
June 17th, 2015, 12:27 PM
Oooh, I'd be very interested in the data on this. We started using Asendia because the savings were enough we could move the price lower on our international orders (You'll see soon that Canada is a flat $10 shipping now) and the trade off was our international orders would take 1-2 days longer to get into the system. We've had nightmare tales from trying to get things through customers consistently within a timeline, so we opted for it being a wash. Thinking sometimes it goes fast, sometimes it goes slow, and no one in the post office can tell us why.

If you are getting consistently much slower delivery times internationally, please let me know here, I'll keep tabs on it. In the meantime enjoy the cheaper shipping :)

sewlucky
June 17th, 2015, 01:31 PM
I think my first M* order took about 11 days to arrive at my door in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. That is on par with orders direct from Stampin' Up (I was a demonstrator) in Utah, via UPS. Orders from Fabric.com and Fat Quarter Shop were the fastest - 2 business days (I paid for fast shipping from FQS).

I will post here when my current order arrives. I'm hoping for this Friday, but anticipating next Wednesday.

PS - I will wait two weeks if I know that is how long it is and be thrilled with $10 flat rate shipping to Canada!!

Terri

BillNye
June 17th, 2015, 01:47 PM
I think my first M* order took about 11 days to arrive at my door in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. That is on par with orders direct from Stampin' Up (I was a demonstrator) in Utah, via UPS. Orders from Fabric.com and Fat Quarter Shop were the fastest - 2 business days (I paid for fast shipping from FQS).

I will post here when my current order arrives. I'm hoping for this Friday, but anticipating next Wednesday.

PS - I will wait two weeks if I know that is how long it is and be thrilled with $10 flat rate shipping to Canada!!

Terri

how much is 2 day shipping run from those companies? What makes it worth it?

sewlucky
June 17th, 2015, 02:03 PM
I ordered from the first two places because I loved the fabric *blush* ;) My first online order for fabric was from FQS, I asked for fast shipping because I ordered charm packs and coordinating yardage to make bags for Christmas gifts and it was already mid-November. I think that shipping ran me close to $30 Canadian.

Next I ordered from M*. Shipping was less, because I ordered on Freaky Friday and you had already started the $20 flat rate to Canada.

For the order from Fabric.com I can't remember what s/h was and don't have the receipt in my email anymore. I think it was in the $20 range, and I didn't choose 2 day shipping, but it was super fast! Much faster than I expected. I ordered from there because of the Robert Kaufman fox fabric nobody else had but that was perfect to back my son's birthday quilt.

I guess that's the answer...if I love the fabric enough, and I need it quickly, I will pay almost anything, lol. But I will more likely place an order more often from a reliable company like M* or FQS if the shipping is low.

We are getting more pre-cut selection in Canada, and have a shop on the west coast, Hamel's Fabrics/Jelly Roll Shop, who are offering very good prices and selection (but not near the volume that you have) at really good Canadian prices with standard shipping in the expedited range of $15 CAD (two day arrival). The benefit to ordering Canadian is that there aren't duty charges tacked on anywhere and the price is the price (no exchange to deal with). I have done the math, and generally by the time I pay exchange and shipping the cost of a jelly roll, for example, is about the same in my stores nearby at $48 CAD as it is to get from an online source at $39 and add shipping and exchange. The biggest reason to order from an online store in the USA is that there is much much much more selection.

Terri

RiverMomm
June 17th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Regular shipping for purchases under $100 from FQS is $20.00. "Two day" is $26.00. Depending on the situation, the additional $6.00 can be worth it to me. However, I would go with $10 slow mail almost every time. EVERY TIME. (oh man, $10 for shipping? Ohhhh man, I just called my husband and warned him-poor guy). Now all we need is for the Canadian dollar to be on par with the US dollar. Can you do something about that?

On a normal day, M*QC packs faster than FQS but for some reason, the shipping time can be a little longer. Craftsy isn't even in the picture in terms of speed-they are slow. Connecting Threads has inexpensive Canadian shipping but not 2 day shipping.

sewlucky
June 17th, 2015, 02:21 PM
The Craftsy order I placed took almost a month to arrive. I will have to be over the moon in love with whatever is being offered to ever order from them again for anything that isn't digital (patterns).

RiverMomm
June 17th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Hawthorne Threads offers express shipping for $35 (regular shipping is $20). That is a bit too big of a jump for me. Amazon is around $12 more for express shipping.

hmmm . . . maybe I buy too much fabric because this doesn't even cover what my US enabler friends buy for me.

sunrae
June 17th, 2015, 05:43 PM
So it's not my imagination that it took longer for my last order to arrive and seems to be ages for this one to get here.
Looking at the current tracking information it has taken 5 days to get from seller (MSQC) to the PO, then 2 days to get through the stops in USA.
I''ve not seen any reduction in shipping cost :(

Monique
June 17th, 2015, 06:45 PM
I like the new rate for Canadian. Woopie.

Momofmonsters5
June 17th, 2015, 09:38 PM
I just moved back 6 months ago from Germany. My packages went to an APO (military post office overseas) and they took on average a week an a half to two weeks to get there. I guess I got used to waiting for packages I thought it was fast compared to 4-8 weeks from other companies.

Wrenmuzz
June 18th, 2015, 07:46 AM
I recently made a purchase from The Patchwork Co. as I wanted yardage to match a layer cake I had bought from M*. My parcel took exactly a week , 10-14 days the norm from M*. what was even more bizarre was the fact I wasn't charged VAT (sales tax) when it arrived in UK. I have to pay 20% tax on my order total and then 8 ($12) handling charge on top of that. Tracking took a while to kick in with this parcel but hopefully it won't be too long. The fabric is for a project for myself so there is no mad panic for it to arrive.

MaryD
June 18th, 2015, 08:23 PM
It's day seven since my 'shipping' email and my package has just made it to Chicago USPS. It used to take 3 - 4 days with USPS. There'll be another day or so to get from domestic USPS to international USPS.

Will there be a price difference for the shipping charges to Australia? It's not a matter of life or death for me. It used to take 10 days to two weeks with the old system, which I thought was quite impressive. Now it looks as though it will take two to three weeks.
Does Asendia pick up every day?

Looking at it another way - it takes longer to get from Hamilton through Chicago than it does from Chicago to Melbourne via Sydney.

Wrenmuzz
June 21st, 2015, 09:28 AM
I cannot track my order now, I get a message saying that the transaction log for the webdb is full so I've no idea where my parcel is at the moment or when it will arrive.

BillNye
June 21st, 2015, 02:44 PM
I cannot track my order now, I get a message saying that the transaction log for the webdb is full so I've no idea where my parcel is at the moment or when it will arrive.

will you pm me your tracking id so I can take a look?

Wrenmuzz
June 23rd, 2015, 06:39 AM
My tracking came back to life after a day or two. Happy girl today though as the postman delivered my parcel just over a week after ordering. That's good going. Sorry I didn't pm you Bill but I've been away and didn't go online, if it happens again I'll let you know. So, on the whole the new system worked for me in UK.

MaryD
June 23rd, 2015, 08:35 AM
I think my parcel is somewhere between Chicago and Sydney. It was shuffled backwards and forwards in Chicago for four days, but I'm sure it's on a plane now.

sunrae
June 24th, 2015, 07:56 AM
I got notification that my latest purchase has shipped and it seems Asendia is not being used. I hope so!
I usually get my parcels in 11-14 days, but I'm still waiting for the last one after 19 days......... and patience is not a virtue I have. :icon_rolleyes:
Going by the tracking information it took about 5 days just to get to USPS, but this latest one has already left the US after just 15 hours (approx.)
I so hope MSQC is reverting back to the old way of shipping.

sunrae
June 24th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Hey MaryD, some of my parcels have been on world tours.
One came to Oz via Japan and another via New Zealand.

MaryD
June 24th, 2015, 08:46 AM
What very well travelled parcels you get! My most adventurist parcel made a stop off in Honolulu. The one I'm waiting for at the moment left Chicago four days ago - it could be almost anywhere.

When I really think about it, I'm amazed that packages can travel around the world and generally end up where they're supposed to. I love getting books from bookdepository - they make a lovely thud when they hit my verandah. Quilting supplies are generally much quieter.

sewlucky
June 24th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Hey Bill Nye - my parcel arrived in Edmonton, Alberta today from M*! Right on my anticipated day :)

Terri

MaryD
June 24th, 2015, 09:05 PM
The one I'm waiting for at the moment left Chicago four days ago - it could be almost anywhere.

Cancel that!

Checking to see where it might have reached this morning - it just left Chicago a few hours ago. That's seven days going backwards and forwards between domestic Chicago and international Chicago.

I figure most of the extra time Asendia took to get the package to Chicago was because my shipping email was sent Friday morning and my goodies weren't picked up till Monday. I read somwhere that USPS does a pick up at fourish every afternoon.

sunrae
June 25th, 2015, 05:33 PM
It's now 21 days since I got the 'parcel shipped' email.
Waiting.......waiting........:(

Note to self......"be patient Rae!"

MaryD
June 30th, 2015, 01:52 AM
My 10 yards of Kona 'pepper' arrived today - it's even better than I thought it would be - overtones of blue through it. Delicious!!!

It took 19 days. 12 1/2 days to leave the US, 1 1/2 days to get Australia (there's a timeline in there somewhere) and 4 days getting through Australia Post. Maybe an extra four days.

Back to patting my fabric!

sunrae
June 30th, 2015, 11:13 PM
My parcel eventually arrived 25 days after ordering.
Mind you, a big part of that was in Australia - about 8 days to travel last 200 kms!
But it was worth the wait - great fabric as usual. :icon_woohoo:

MaryD
June 30th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Mind you, a big part of that was in Australia - about 8 days to travel last 200 kms!

But look where you live - the back of beyond!

I envy you. It's beautiful country out that way.

Enjoy your goodies!