PDA

View Full Version : any ipad guru's on here??

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 07:25 PM
I would like to send someone a file, using AOL, but when I go to the AOL letter writing page, there is nothing there on my ipad to click to attach a file. I know how to do it from my laptop, but I'm missing something here.

Help??

Pandabear
June 16th, 2015, 08:26 PM
I dont' have my ipad in front of me so I'm flying by the seat of my pants here.. have you tried holding your finger down on the ipad to see if a little menu thing pops up?

It's the only thing I can think of right now.

Whesa
June 16th, 2015, 08:33 PM
I don't use AOL but the email I use also has no attachment button on my ipad. I usually am wanting to send a photo, so I go to photo, select the photo I want to send and on the screen is that symbol that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up. Select that and some options show and one of these should be email. When I select that, my email comes up and I can proceed as usual. This should work for other types of Hope this helps. Wow just read Pandabear's response and learned something new. Thanks.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 16th, 2015, 08:44 PM
I use NOTES to write documents on the ipad, you can send through your email by writing it and selecting to email it. I am assuming your iPad is set up to send and receive emails. There are word processing programs that simulate Word that are apps, but again, you need to have the email function set up on the iPad, it's the only way to get things on and off the iPad.

I use my iPad almost exclusively for my daily tasks.

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I dont' have my ipad in front of me so I'm flying by the seat of my pants here.. have you tried holding your finger down on the ipad to see if a little menu thing pops up?

It's the only thing I can think of right now.

yes....no luck!

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I don't use AOL but the email I use also has no attachment button on my ipad. I usually am wanting to send a photo, so I go to photo, select the photo I want to send and on the screen is that symbol that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up. Select that and some options show and one of these should be email. When I select that, my email comes up and I can proceed as usual. This should work for other types of Hope this helps. Wow just read Pandabear's response and learned something new. Thanks.

I know how to do photos, but I need an option for a file.

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 08:49 PM
I use NOTES to write documents on the ipad, you can send through your email by writing it and selecting to email it. I am assuming your iPad is set up to send and receive emails. There are word processing programs that simulate Word that are apps, but again, you need to have the email function set up on the iPad, it's the only way to get things on and off the iPad.

I use my iPad almost exclusively for my daily tasks.

It's a file on my ipad that I am trying to send. I need to figure out how to attach it to the email. May have to go to the apple store....again!

Carrie J
June 16th, 2015, 08:56 PM
How to Send File Attachments With AIM Mail or AOL Mail (http://email.about.com/od/aimmailtips/qt/How_to_Send_File_Attachments_with_AIM_Mail_or_AOL_ Mail.htm)

Pat, that's all I could find on files/iPad/AOL

I'm assuming you've downloaded the AOL app for iPad

Doloris
June 16th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Attaching Other File Types

You'll have to create a new message if you intend to attach another file type to your message, or you can use the "Share" feature from the app you'd use to view the file itself. For example, open a spreadsheet file in the Numbers app, tap the "Share" icon -- it looks like a square with an upward-facing arrow -- and then tap "Send a Copy." Select "Mail" to attach the file in a new email message.

found this. maybe open the file, click on share and go from there

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 11:02 PM
I figured it out!!! Now I just have to remember in case I have to do it again!!!

Doloris
June 16th, 2015, 11:32 PM
write it down!!!

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 11:41 PM
write it down!!!

What fun is there in that??