PDA

View Full Version : My house looks sad...

Genny
June 16th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I knew that when the painters come that our house would have to look worse before it looks better...but...I never expected it to look this bad...:icon_rolleyes: Almost makes me want to cry...but I know that in a week or two (depending on whether it rains everyday or not) its going to look good again...then I'll be smiling!

K. McEuen
June 16th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Oh, ours needs new stucco and I am sure when I find someone to do it that it will have big missing patches (more so than now) when they knock all the loose stuff off.

I remember my dad scraping all the old paint off our house for a month or so before he would paint the trim when I was a kid. The windows were the worst. The house had 12 panes in each window and all that wood trim around each one had to be scraped. Now I know why he was never happy doing that part.

nayzie
June 16th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Prep work seems to take longer than painting. It'll be beautiful before you know it. :icon_cool:

Genny
June 16th, 2015, 04:49 PM
12 panes in every window must be a painters nightmare...:icon_eek:

K. McEuen
June 16th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Haha, that was probably why my dad always made my brother paint the trim between the panes. Of course Jimmy always ended up painting half the glass so not sure it saved dad much time. They didn't have painter's tape back then. I made the mistake when I was a teen showing dad how easy it was to paint that trim with one of my little sponge brushes I had for art class...

Sandy Navas
June 16th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Feeling for you, Genny! I just hope they can work steadily and finish in a timely fashion.

irishrn
June 16th, 2015, 06:41 PM
I can appreciate the angst that comes with renovation. But when it's over it is so worth it!
Hang in there!

Midge
June 16th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Yipe, always looks worse once the painters start scraping off the loose stuff. Hope the rain holds off so they can start applying the coats very soon.

Genny
June 16th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Feeling for you, Genny! I just hope they can work steadily and finish in a timely fashion.

Yes I do too but at least they're being paid by the job not by the hour.

kensington
June 16th, 2015, 07:55 PM
We just painted all of our trim and put new siding on one side and painted that. You certainly do watch the weather ...

Andrea F
June 17th, 2015, 03:14 AM
Hang in there, it will look all the more beautiful once it's done!

rebeccas-sewing
June 17th, 2015, 04:19 AM
I sure hope we get to see the after pic.

Bubby
June 17th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Prepping is the most important part of any paint job. It pays to do anything related to painting the right way so it doesn't have to be redone anytime soon. The house we sold last year had the old style windows and painting was a real chore.

Genny
June 17th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I sure hope we get to see the after pic.

I will post another picture after they get the shutters and window boxes on.

SallyO'Sews
June 17th, 2015, 01:33 PM
It looks like it's in its petticoat, waiting to put on a nice dress!! Looking forward to the finished product.