PDA

View Full Version : Night Owl in the rain

kimsophia
June 16th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Hooootie hooo! How are you today/tonight?

I'll be doing a lot of seam ripping tonight as I'm changing my quilt plans. I have 4 and a half yards of Moda Optic White ordered from M*. What's up with you?

sewlucky
June 16th, 2015, 01:11 AM
I'm all packed to go home tomorrow! Have had a great time here in Colorado, but am looking forward to seeing my kids and puppies tomorrow too.

Terri

bec
June 16th, 2015, 01:20 AM
I've been sitting here ordering fabric! I've been organizing my fabric and if I have a quilt in mind and most of the fabric for it, I put it together in a box with a picture and pattern for the quilt. One quilt still needed backing and binding fabric, so I ordered it. I have 6 or 7 ready. I also have 4 quilt tops that I need to sandwich and quilt. I used to be so good about not starting a quilt until I had finished the one I was working on. I don't like to have things unfinished... it sort of hangs over my head. I need to get busy and get caught up!

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 02:06 AM
We had lunch down on the waterfront today and it was beautiful out! We saw a seal swimming around, I saw a heron, and the parasailers were out. Oh, and that big bright thing in the sky was out too! It was beautiful!!

Ran to J's because I needed some 809 interfacing and also some elastic. Did you know they sell elastic meant to be used on underwear and pj's? I didn't!! Anyway, interfacing is 50% off in case anyone needs any of that.

Came home, piddled around. Sewed the inside of a wallet. I'm going to work on several insides, then several outsides and then put them all together.

I got the twist locks I ordered last week from Emmaline bags. They are absolutely beautiful! Each piece has plastic over it to prevent scratches and they came so beautifully packaged. I was very, very impressed! I won't put those on every wallet, but I will be ordering more from them, and soon as she announced the price will be going up in a month or two. I am just as happy w/the magnetic snap closure. I also got a box with about a gazillion zippers in it!

Off to watch the Bachelorette.......I need a life.

stationarymom
June 16th, 2015, 02:15 AM
It rained here all day.I cooked a cornd beef for dinner and my DD said she was confused,because it is not March and the only time I cook corned beef is then.I was looking through e bay I like to check and see if I can pick up some Moda pre cuts cheaper than full price.I also look at e bay just because it passes the time.I started reorganizing my fabric today,I have so much I had forgot about some of it.I have to fast tonight for blood work tomorrow you should hear the racket by stomach is making.

kimsophia
June 16th, 2015, 03:12 AM
I'm taking a break after an hour and a half of seam ripping. I'm not even half done, so it will several more hours at this rate. At least I had been using invisible thread, which cuts much easier. Boy will I be glad when this quilt is over with...it is entirely too much work! Of course I could be doing something a lot easier but nooooooo, I gotta be all complex....lol

toggpine
June 16th, 2015, 03:31 AM
I want some rain :(

No, really I do. Everything around here is starting to get all brown and crispy. Our water bill is going to be outrageous! We have given up on the back lawn and only the fruit trees, berries, veggie garden, and few select flowers are getting water. Even that we are trying to recycle from the stock tanks when the water gets icky or running water to get it hot in the sink. I wish we could put in a grey water cistern that would irrigate the pastures. Water from the shower/tub and bathroom sinks would be enough and that shouldn't be hazardous. I guess we should just be thankful that they let us use rain barrels in this state!

Off to get some iced water, check the milk, and head for bed.

Have a good one. Happy frogging Kim!
Hugs, C

cyndiofthevortex
June 16th, 2015, 03:56 AM
I'm up with another headache! I decided to be productive while I'm awake. I am showing a quilt that my DMIL made back in 1982 (the program is to bring a quilt that has special meaning) so I got up and wrote up what I'm going to say. Want to hear my story?

Jonas and I married pretty young, and back in 1982 I had just had my first baby. Back then I didn't know how to sew, or cook or clean for that matter. In fact, as a wedding gift my mother gave me a teakettle and said to me, "At least now you'll be able to boil water."

We were living in Durham at the time and my mother-in-law suggested we take a quilting class together. I didn't know her very well and I had never made a quilt before, so I thought that might be a good idea. We signed up for a class taught by Linda Clark in her home. Linda was a great teacher. I remember when we all brought in our wonky blocks made with terrible color combinations, she'd look at them and say, "Isn't that fun?"

I was a little leery of leaving my newborn at home with Jonas, but he assured me he'd take good care of her. When Mom Zoller dropped me off at home after our first class, there was no one home. No husband, no baby and no note. I became a little frantic. An HOUR later, Jonas comes home with Bethany in a front pack. He and his best friend Keith had walked downtown for a beer. I instantly went from worried to furious. Keith, who was single, asked if he could borrow Bethany Friday night. He said she attracted the attention of a lot of girls and he thought it would be a good way to find a date. He was not very perceptive.

Mom Zoller finished her quilt. It is all hand-pieced and hand quilted. Through this class we became fast friends. She is now almost 95 years old and living in a home in VA for Alzheimer's sufferers. She does not remember me. But I remember her.

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 04:08 AM
What a great story!!!

kimsophia
June 16th, 2015, 04:18 AM
That is a great story...lol, wants a baby to attract chicks...

Lightwriter
June 16th, 2015, 04:42 AM
I see a few other owls fluttering by tonight. Still at the beach, go home tomorrow. I have loved seeing my kids, but it has been such a week that I am ready to go home and crawl in my little hole. I feel like I have been playing the old game "whack a Mole" and can't manage to whack all the problems that popped up.

I quilt to keep me from concentrating on the negatives in life. I think I need some "q" therapy.

Andrea F
June 16th, 2015, 05:21 AM
Good morning all! I spent the morning searching for a closure for the wallet I was going to make. Apparently, I didn't buy the closure that I thought I had bought. Ready to go to work now. Have a good night everybody! Hugs to all of you.

kimsophia
June 16th, 2015, 05:48 AM
28 more strips left to cut apart...I think I need a drink, lol

Hulamoon
June 16th, 2015, 06:10 AM
!Off to watch the Bachelorette.......I need a life.

She let it out who she picked. Don't go looking for it if you don't want to know.

I played with my new machine and started a baby quilt for my etsy shop. This machine is so quiet! I mean really quiet!

kimsophia
June 16th, 2015, 06:46 AM
Do you have a link to your Etsy shop, Hulamoon?

Hulamoon
June 16th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Do you have a link to your Etsy shop, Hulamoon?

I don't have anything in it right now. I had to take off a couple of years to take care of my aunt under Hospice and then of course I broke my wrist. geeze. I was selling little girls Hawaiian dresses, But I have a rack full of appliqued dresses and skirts I never got to list. But of course my camera broke. sigh

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HulaMoon?ref=hdr_shop_menu

kimsophia
June 16th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Wow, I must be seriously confused...I thought you made bags and wallets! Like in sports fabrics? Who have I got you confused with? I can't keep everybody straight...

Hulamoon
June 16th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Wow, I must be seriously confused...I thought you made bags and wallets! Like in sports fabrics? Who have I got you confused with? I can't keep everybody straight...

Bubba,,, aka Pat :)

She;s on facebook if you want to buy from her.

Doloris
June 16th, 2015, 07:58 AM
I also got a box with about a gazillion zippers in it!

love zippers!! and 72 is not a gazillion.LOL when I can get them for $3/dozen how can you not buy them. Lots of bags in your future

kimsophia
June 16th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Bubba,,, aka Pat :)

She;s on facebook if you want to buy from her.

Oh yes...and there's also a bubby...I need a flow chart :D

Claire Hallman
June 16th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the sweet story, Cindi. I miss the "sew together" story on Tuesday if they don't use one.
I wish my MIL was still around since she was a quilter and I could have learned a lot from her.
Do you put a bucket in the shower with you? When we had a drought that would catch enough water to help water plants. You could do the same waiting for hot water to flow.

bhaggerty
June 16th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Great story! Brought tears to my eyes!!!

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 02:19 PM
She let it out who she picked. Don't go looking for it if you don't want to know.

I played with my new machine and started a baby quilt for my etsy shop. This machine is so quiet! I mean really quiet!

I'm getting pretty fed up w/this season and am about ready to stop watching! I just want to rip those fat pouty lips off her face and stomp on them. I don't like her....I did not like her on the other season she was on. I had thought that she was the worse of two evils when they had to vote on who to keep, but I'm thinking I was wrong!

Hulamoon
June 16th, 2015, 03:22 PM
I'm getting pretty fed up w/this season and am about ready to stop watching! I just want to rip those fat pouty lips off her face and stomp on them. I don't like her....I did not like her on the other season she was on. I had thought that she was the worse of two evils when they had to vote on who to keep, but I'm thinking I was wrong!

I don't either. She's trashy and this season has been. I only watched a couple of seasons. I liked the one with the couple that actually got married and now have a renovation show on HGTV. I watched it and they are cute together.Trista and Ryan Sutter Co-Hosting New HGTV Show Rocky Mountain Reno - Us Weekly (http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/trista-ryan-sutter-cohosting-new-hgtv-show-rocky-mountain-reno-details-video-2015265)

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 03:29 PM
I did not know they had a show. I did not watch the first season, but have watched all of them since. This one is the absolute worse ever!!!