PDA

View Full Version : U. S. Open.....

bubba
June 15th, 2015, 06:26 PM
I am not a golfer, but this is being held about five miles from our house and is creating quite a hubbub all around the area. The Goodyear blimp is here. Today I saw three different airplanes flying around with signs flying around them. And for the golfers, there is a report that the orca's are in the south sound today, so maybe they will get to see them as this course sits right down on the water.

I have several friends working down there this week and hope they have fun. The course itself, I have heard, is very difficult. It is a rather new course, I don't think it is ever five years old, so I am amazed they got chosen for this type of event. If you are watching it at all, the area the course is built on used to be a large gravel pit for as long as I can remember. They have a large walking trail down there that I'm told is quite difficult depending on the direction you go. Because of my foot, I have never walked it, but would love to.

All my deputies are mandated overtime for the next couple weeks while this is in town. I've been told once it's over and all the overtime is finished, several will be retiring. A lot of people in the area have rented their houses out to the golfers and the fans. I have at least two friends who have done that and are making about $10,000 off it! Can you imagine? I should have done that! Think of the fabric....or longarm!

Sandy Navas
June 15th, 2015, 10:03 PM
Actually Dolores, Carrie and I got together and hired the Blimp to try to get pictures of your orange clad hunk . . .

bubba
June 15th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Actually Dolores, Carrie and I got together and hired the Blimp to try to get pictures of your orange clad hunk . . .

Why, oh why, am I not surprised!!

Doloris
June 15th, 2015, 11:06 PM
the goodyear blimps are made about 20 miles from my house. We see them often flying around on test flights and for Hall of Fame Football stuff, coming up the end of July. Might have a little influence :icon_evil:

bubba
June 16th, 2015, 01:04 AM
the goodyear blimps are made about 20 miles from my house. We see them often flying around on test flights and for Hall of Fame Football stuff, coming up the end of July. Might have a little influence :icon_evil:

Please see my comment from post #3!!!