PDA

View Full Version : A moment of WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!

Carrie J
June 15th, 2015, 12:06 PM
All of us, at some point in time, turn into organizational frenzied cleaning Furies!!!! I am no exception, and my dear Hubs calls it "nesting".

Soooo, after a solid week away from sewing (talk about grumpy!!!), Saturday it hit me, that incessant urge to clean/reorganize everything from top to bottom, including the poor dog and cat!!! Cat is still avoiding me and giving me the "cat eye", HAH!!!! The sewing room looked soooooo good! Admit it, we all stand back to savor the sight, cause we know we'll jump right back in and make it look like Hiroshima All over again!

After my labor and savoring, I sat down in the afternoon to contentedly sew 4P's. Realized that I had left the walking foot on and went to change it to the 1/4" foot..............WHERE THE HECK IS IT??????? Moment of panic, searched high and low, even used my killer flashlight to no avail! Hubs asked, " What the heck are you looking for?" Me: Mumble, mumble, mumble!!!!! He knows at that point NOT to keep asking,,LOL!

To make a long story short, yep, found it, in my little wastebasket wrapped up in thread and trimmings that I had scooped off the table!!!!! Sooo glad I forgot to empty that little basket into the trash!!!!!

Note to self........DO NOT put any feet on the table, put it the storage case where it BELONGS!!!! Still laughing at myself here......Hubs is having a hey day with this!

irishrn
June 15th, 2015, 12:20 PM
I completely undersatnd! I get into these nesting, cleaning, reorganizing fits that make me go a little crazy. And most often result in me going all the way to repaint the room too!! Then I hit another room and pile up the stuff I "need to get to" in the room I just finished, only to make the cycle start again! When I finally decide to hit my sewing room all he$$ is gonna break loose here! I may not be seen for days! Right now I'm in the master bedroom which has needed it for years, but it isn't my stuff as I really have very little in there beyond the basic clothes and a desk for bills etc. but DH hides everything in there and will not purge!
I found one of his books from 1985 on body building by Arnold Schwarzenegger!! Really!!! He's 84 years old!! Do we really need it??
But he won't part with it, Along with a gazillion other books, photos, and framed wall pictures. Shoot me!
I feel for you, as it is so frustrating till it's all done!

Bubby
June 15th, 2015, 12:26 PM
The sewing room trashcan is the first place I look for feet, small scissors and spools of thread. I find an occasional scottie dog in mine too.

I go into cleaning frenzies from time to time. Today I was in one but it abated after scrubbing floors. Now I'm ready to settle in with Jewel and the Girls for the rest of the day.

bhaggerty
June 15th, 2015, 12:28 PM
I completely undersatnd! I get into these nesting, cleaning, reorganizing fits that make me go a little crazy. And most often result in me going all the way to repaint the room too!! Then I hit another room and pile up the stuff I "need to get to" in the room I just finished, only to make the cycle start again! When I finally decide to hit my sewing room all he$$ is gonna break loose here! I may not be seen for days! Right now I'm in the master bedroom which has needed it for years, but it isn't my stuff as I really have very little in there beyond the basic clothes and a desk for bills etc. but DH hides everything in there and will not purge!
I found one of his books from 1985 on body building by Arnold Schwarzenegger!! Really!!! He's 84 years old!! Do we really need it??
But he won't part with it, Along with a gazillion other books, photos, and framed wall pictures. Shoot me!
I feel for you, as it is so frustrating till it's all done!

Well, in 1985 I would have to admit that Arnold looked pretty darn good!
I bet you could make some money with that on ebay!

Carrie J
June 15th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Eileen, feel,your pain, and 1985.....An Arnie body building book?!?! OMIGOSH, that's hysterical!!! Think Bernadette's got the right idea on eBay! Go for it!

Barb, it was short and sweet for that splurge, the rest of the house is on impending mode, LOL........gotta sew!!!!!

Bernadette, yeah, Arnie made a stellar Conan!!!!! Have to agree there! :D

KPH
June 15th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Well try loosing your glasses... Yesterday I was working on dinner, changed from my distance to glasses I have to use to see what I'm doing (cooking, reading, machine sewing, etc) and slid the temple piece of my distance glasses into my tee shirt collar. I deboned the chicken, put it in the pot and cleaned up. Went to get my glasses so I could see where I was going... couldn't find them. Not on the counter, not in my shirt, not in the pot with the chicken and broth (thank goodness). Mike followed behind me, looking in the den thinking I'd left them with my hexie work, under the chair, in the cracks and crevices. I was starting to panic. I just gotten the danged glasses last month. I didn't want to have to buy another pair, two pair was bad enough. Panic was setting in, when DH got home from the store. He checked all the counter tops, drawers and lower cabinets (like Mike and I had done already). Then opened the dishwasher... there they were. Apparently when I stuck the tray I used to debone the chicken in the dishwasher, they'd slid in there.

I told my DH-- I want those bionic eyes I've been reading about. Two pair of glasses is too much work!

Katrina

Carrie J
June 15th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Katrina, hey, at least you haven't up them in the freezer!!!!! Though I must admit, they were pretty cool when I found them and put them on.....snort!!! Think Fred Sanford had the right idea!

irishrn
June 15th, 2015, 01:25 PM
PS. Getting ready to leave for the doctor appt. DH is dressed and ready but is complaining that I have messed up his system in the bedroom. He can't find anything!!!!!! No kidding! Aside from his clothes in the chest, the bedroom is empty!
It's gonna be a long week!

Amy R
June 15th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Funny how you write this post today Sophie and I just rearrange the furniture in the living room yet again. A blind person would truly have a hard time living with me as I am constantly changing and rearranging the rooms. Now I just have to go through all of her toys and her books and put those away in a decent organized way.

Carrie J
June 15th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Amy, lol, I do it twice a year and it totally confuses the dog, cat, Hubs...............you'd think after all this time, they'd be used to my "freshen/mix it up ways by now!

Iris Girl
June 15th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Been there done that my trash is right next to my table and its where I set my feet, threads, snips and extra pieces of fabric I am working on. If the kitty decides that is the place to walk and or sleep something inadvertently gets in the trash. Have learned to put feet in their home so this does not happen to them.

Josephine09
June 15th, 2015, 10:09 PM
I do the clean the whole house routine every summer. This summer I am not having much ambition for it, but have at least gotten the guest bedroom done. My sewing room will pry go last as I do that one regularly throughout the school year. I really am kind of type A about having a cleaned up space to work.